U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah right so must be day time there again (can't be arsed to check). So we could get Wisconsin, Michigan and Georgia today but the rest might take longer? 

Pennsylvania could be Friday before the result is declared. Hopefully there’s enough for a Biden win from the states that will get the results in today. PA will just be the fat icing on the cake. 

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I am just so unnerved by all of this positive feeling in the last few hours.

As I just said to a friend, it just feels like 2020 to kick us in the gut when it seems to be promising us a present.

I can't relax until it's over.

I am 100% with you on that.  I can't and won't relax until the result is formally called.  I'm still reeling from the fact that Americans have voted for Trump in large numbers.  I really felt that the more reasonable midsection of the population had seen through his grift.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I am 100% with you on that.  I can't and won't relax until the result is formally called.  I'm still reeling from the fact that Americans have voted for Trump in large numbers.  I really felt that the more reasonable midsection of the population had seen through his grift.

Yeah this is the really sobering message isn't it? Really depressing.

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I am just so unnerved by all of this positive feeling in the last few hours.

As I just said to a friend, it just feels like 2020 to kick us in the gut when it seems to be promising us a present.

I can't relax until it's over.

I’m airing on the side of caution, but the thing is, this is exactly what people have been saying would happen for months/as soon as the increase in mail in voting was announced. Trump went so out of his way to discourage mail in voting that it’d be mega surprising if he gets a ton of votes from them being counted over the next few hours.

Im never gonna call it a lock, but it’s certainly looking good.

I think Trump calling fraud whilst he was favourite for the election and in the lead tells us that he knew then his margins would crumble once the postal votes got counted. Obviously his team did the deep dive into the numbers and realised what counties/postal votes etc were left and did the maths realising he was likely to lose. If he genuinely thought it would be a close run thing once the postal votes etc were in then I think he'd have called the race and declared himself president.

Just now, Ozanne said:

This is extraordinary.

This guy is actively avoiding prison by being president and it’s becoming increasingly clear he’s gonna try anything he can to keep it that way. Gonna be a rough ride but I really hope he’s shot down by his party if he’s announced as losing.