Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

It's been saying there will be thunderstorms in SW London for the past 24 hours, but they still haven't arrived and I'm about to have a BBQ (queue the rain 😊), so if they can't get it right a few hours in advance then it's all to play for on the weekend. Hopefully the heavy rain will miss the site entirely. 🤞

Right sorry to bring this up again but what purpose does the retest serve ? 

'Bring spare lateral flow tests with you if you’re not using the NHS Covid Pass to access the festival. Lateral flow test results are valid for 48 hours, please retest after this time and report your result to the GOV.UK website; no need to return to the festival gates. If you receive a positive result please attend an on-site medical area immediately.'

Got some friends without kids who've just decided come and join us (with kids) in family camping. How hot are they on the gate about letting people without kids into family camping? 

Can they just pretend they have a  kid and it's already on site friends when they arrive or something?? 

Edited by sam1981

On 7/19/2021 at 8:08 PM, Sean1234321 said:

If i leave Bdrmm at the sunrise arena at 8 to see Shame at the BBC stage at 8.20 will I make it? Does that stage get busy or can you just wonder in at any time and get a decent spot? 

Sadly the Sunrise stage is the most awkward to get anywhere from.  Its round the 'other side' of the Lake and so, even though the BBC stage is probably only 10 minutes away as the crow flies, its probably double that or maybe longer (in crowds) to get to the nearest bridge and over and up to the Sounds tent

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

Got some friends without kids who've just decided come and join us (with kids) in family camping. How hot are they on the gate about letting people without kids into family camping? 

Can they just pretend they have a  kid and it's already on site friends when they arrive or something?? 

They have to be camping in a group which has someone who is 16 or younger in the group, and must have a family camping ticket. They don’t have to be family.  If they are arriving after you then you just need your young person to meet them at the family camping entrance (where they check tickets and give out wristbands).  Not a problem. It’s what we do. Not sure they would let them in if they arrived before you. They are pretty hot on who gets into family camping, for obvious reasons. 

Edited by ianlash
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JHad said:

Can any regulars enlighten me to what the Ballroom stage is, please?

The Friday line-up after midnight in particular looks decent - Ash Kenazi > Pozi > Art School Girlfriend. Is this just going to be DJ sets/videos or are the acts going to be playing?! 

Its actually a new area, I think it's replacing the TV and Film arena but is essentially showing the same sort of thing 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ianlash said:

They have to be camping in a group which has someone who is 16 or younger in the group, and must have a family camping ticket. They don’t have to be family.  If they are arriving after you then you just need your young person to meet them at the family camping entrance (where they check tickets and give out wristbands).  Not a problem. It’s what we do. Not sure they would let them in if they arrived before you. They are pretty hot on who gets into family camping, for obvious reasons. 

They're arriving after us, but possibly separately to each other due to work schedules and I don't fancy getting my 7 year old to make 2 trips to the gates and back. 😂

Maybe they can ask a family in the queue if a kid can pose as theirs as they come in? Mind you, my 6ft 3" 40+ mate might get some funny looks if he requests that. 😬

21 minutes ago, Nickyboy said:

Sadly the Sunrise stage is the most awkward to get anywhere from.  Its round the 'other side' of the Lake and so, even though the BBC stage is probably only 10 minutes away as the crow flies, its probably double that or maybe longer (in crowds) to get to the nearest bridge and over and up to the Sounds tent

Thanks, I remember the stage now from the only other time I've been in 2015 I think (if it's where King Gizzard played). 

23 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Its actually a new area, I think it's replacing the TV and Film arena but is essentially showing the same sort of thing 

22 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The lineup poster has ASG specified to be a DJ set so I’m assuming the others are live.

Cheers both.

There don't appear to be any gaps between the three, so that would suggest and Ash Kenazi is likely DJ/pre-recorded stuff, Pozi live in the middle (surely there wouldn't be any value in getting such an act to DJ rather than play live?) and then ASG DJ as the brave man said!

Either way, there's not a lot else on at that time by the look of it s I'll probably be there regardless!

1 hour ago, sam1981 said:

Maybe they can ask a family in the queue if a kid can pose as theirs as they come in? Mind you, my 6ft 3" 40+ mate might get some funny looks if he requests that. 😬

We went to a Saturday morning matinee at the Barbican once and when we got to the front they said '... and how many children?' we said we didn't have any and they refused us entry 🙂 People in the queue offered us theirs but the box office said it was too late - we'd been outed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sam1981 said:

They can just join you I think as family camping area is not actually restricted area once in -  they just need to say they are joining their family? 

27 minutes ago, sedra said:

They can just join you I think as family camping area is not actually restricted area once in -  they just need to say they are joining their family? 

They made me phone my daughter to come out and meet me. Maybe it’s just me. lol 

For those who’ve been before, are there any areas of general / normal camping that are livelier than others?

Not expecting full blown partying till the early hours, but just somewhere where people can sit, play a bit of music and have a few drinks post arena without being chastised. 

Also: Is it only the tuttles wood entrance for the general camping? Or can you use any gate and then just head to where you want to go? 

Edited by TheFullShaboo

8 hours ago, sedra said:

You definitely need a child at the gate - get your bribes ready for the one that walks all the way back! - and rightly so - otherwise anyone could have access to the wristband that lets you wander around freely…

The first year we went (2009 - our then-kids have camped alone for the past few years!) we didn't realise we were in Red instead of Family, didn’t feel the difference until the next year with those (relatively) nice loos and our own shop and access to the arena…

57 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Safe trip to anyone making the journey today! Be sure to share any pics on here to really crank up the excitement levels. I'll happily take a picture of festival campsite bunting or an Oxfam steward in a hi-viz. It's been too long...

I'm refusing to get too excited til I've returned that negative test tomorrow and am on the road! 

But I do echo the above. It would be nice to see some happy faces and a bit of the site. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Safe trip to anyone making the journey today! Be sure to share any pics on here to really crank up the excitement levels. I'll happily take a picture of festival campsite bunting or an Oxfam steward in a hi-viz. It's been too long...

Haha love this! I'd even take a yellow "LATITUDE FESTIVAL TRAFFIC" Sign on an obscure A-Road tbh. 

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

For those who’ve been before, are there any areas of general / normal camping that are livelier than others?

Not expecting full blown partying till the early hours, but just somewhere where people can sit, play a bit of music and have a few drinks post arena without being chastised. 

Also: Is it only the tuttles wood entrance for the general camping? Or can you use any gate and then just head to where you want to go? 

Also quite interested in the response to this - don’t want to piss off the neighbours. I’m presuming closer to arena = louder?

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Can only really comment on campervan fields; we got many tutting & sighs when 6 of us were chatting between 4am-6am in '16 then stewards asked us to move away from the campervans 😅 so we went near the pathway/road bit (and got bitten to shit by mozzies!) - then as the campsite starts waking up around 6/7ish & we went to bed we didn't complain about the noise 😅😅  it was all very friendly though, not a real telling off more a we're disappointed in you😉

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just now, Jacko45 said:

Haha love this! I'd even take a yellow "LATITUDE FESTIVAL TRAFFIC" Sign on an obscure A-Road tbh. 

Setting off in a few hours, I'll be sure to take some pics of traffic signs & hi-viz stewards 😁😁😁 I'll even throw in a line of portaloos & trough sinks if you like😉

• Like 1

Just now, gfa said:

Also quite interested in the response to this - don’t want to piss off the neighbours. I’m presuming closer to arena = louder?

From personal experience, even the non-family camping at Latitude is fairly quiet compared to say Leeds/Reading/Download or Kendal Calling. 

Anecdotal of course, but we were near the village and about 10 mins walk from arena entrance and it was pretty much silent by 1am.