Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

14 minutes ago, polnico said:

Looking at Prima and Roskilde, these names really shine out for Werchter : 

Gorillaz (Prima/Werchter) : already shared so likely (I guess)

Thom Yorke (Roskilde/Werchter): also already shared so likely (I guess)

The Strokes (Prima & Roskilde)  (makes some sense given they were supposed to play last year

Tyler The Creator (Prima/Roskilde) : I'd like it, but as Headliner at Werchter? Seems like a high spot for him.

Kendrick (Roskilde): if Werchter makes this happen I'll be so happy, really was sad when not announced this year.

Faith No More (Roskilde) : given that graspop is now in 2022, seems like a good shout.

Tame Impala (prima) :pls RW make it happen)

The National (prima) :haven't been directly at RW in some time

These are/were literally -and I'm not even exaggerating- my 8 most anticipated acts of the entire festival season.  

• Like 1

I've stated this earlier here...For me it's only fair to offer a full festival experience with top bands playing. I just hope if there is some kind of festival thing going to happen in August then 2021 tickets will be transfered to 2022 edition. Otherwise it would be unfair.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

QOTSA are playing RandL so I reckon it would make sense for the festivals to book them to make it into a longer tour and possibly Post Malone replacing the rap headliner as he's also playing RandL.

I'd take QOTSA, there show in 2018 was a huge highlight of my festival, the energy was great + can't forget Spiderman !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, heti said:

I've stated this earlier here...For me it's only fair to offer a full festival experience with top bands playing. I just hope if there is some kind of festival thing going to happen in August then 2021 tickets will be transfered to 2022 edition. Otherwise it would be unfair.

Yes, if they can not present something full force, you can exchange your tickets for 2022/2023. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, misterplow said:

No Thom Yorke is a major bummer. 

The whole corona thing is the major bummer. The line up of 2020 was excellent. Nice quality headliners like Strokes, Kendrick. Fait No More taking a lower spot on the bill. A great KluB C line up on Friday... 

The ticket sales were not that good (the Friday ticket sales were horrific, you can say: the day was not complete, but normally is a headliner responsible for a bigger sale, not the amount of 2000, and you can say also: it is because they are playing BKS, but their Saturday tickets had the same problem). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

The ticket sales were not that good (the Friday ticket sales were horrific, you can say: the day was not complete, but normally is a headliner responsible for a bigger sale, not the amount of 2000, and you can say also: it is because they are playing BKS, but their Saturday tickets had the same problem). 

Bummer about The Strokes zero popularity but then again....they should sub at the most at THIS particular festival. That Saturday ticket sales should be an indicator than 65 minute set rap headliner ain't the solution here to sell tickets.

Last time I was at RW was 2017 and I saw plenty of young people so the next generation of customers shouldn't be a problem. Plus as Ken stated sometime ago...it's the older people who leave most money on the ground 🙂 🙂 I'm pushing 40 and I'm feeling old by the festival standards 😛 😛

3 hours ago, Ken19 said:

The whole corona thing is the major bummer. The line up of 2020 was excellent. Nice quality headliners like Strokes, Kendrick. Fait No More taking a lower spot on the bill. A great KluB C line up on Friday... 

Yes, exactly. 2020 was truly excellent. 😍 One of the best, more varied lineups they've had since I go to the fest (2007). The kind of lineup I fell in love with in the first place. 

Maybe it's fun to rank the lineups for best to worst. 

2008 > 2018 > 2020 > 2013 > 2016 >  (gap)   2007 > 2009 > 2011 > 2012 > 2014> 2010 > 2015

The friday of 2008 was out of this world, due to the variety and quality.  Monza - Slayer – Jay-Z – The Verve – Neil Young - Moby live and every single one of those delivered. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Yes, exactly. 2020 was truly excellent. 😍 One of the best, more varied lineups they've had since I go to the fest (2007). The kind of lineup I fell in love with in the first place. 

Maybe it's fun to rank the lineups for best to worst. 

2008 > 2018 > 2020 > 2013 > 2016 >  (gap)   2007 > 2009 > 2011 > 2012 > 2014> 2010 > 2015

The friday of 2008 was out of this world, due to the variety and quality.  Monza - Slayer – Jay-Z – The Verve – Neil Young - Moby live and every single one of those delivered. 

Totally agree😊 2020 would have been a great year line up wise. I also remember that Friday in 2008. That day alone made me come back to Werchter year after year. In the future I will return too.

I am a clear newcomer to Werchter (first edition was 2017), but indeed that 2020 lineup was my fav looking one yet, my only problem with it was that I was scared on the inevitable clashes that were going to appear.

Anyway, I can't wait to be back in this beautiful place at some point, (be it in a few months or more than  year) surrounded by friends, music and enjoying a nice Jup !

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, lighthouse said:

I ate hash brownie and went ino Slayer moshpit in flip flops, drinking with some strangers dressed up as a Scooby-Doo team 🙂Yeah, good day it was indeed😛 😛