What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

We're usually quite late to stuff so we've been binging Taskmaster. Hilarious stuff and it feels good to get some cathartic belly laughs in each day. 

Other than that we've started going through the MCU movies on Disney+. You forget what a cracking film Iron Man is, but some aspects have really aged now (the generic rock soundtrack throughout the whole thing for one).

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Mr Robot which finished a couple of months ago was one of the most intense and satisfying pieces of television I've ever watched. It lost a lot of people along the way, but convinced Mrs Hats to keep going and she agreed that the finale was probably the best ending to any show we'd ever seen - although that might be because it didn't monumentally fuck it up like Game Of Thrones!

Seriously, try Mr Robot, available on Amazon Prime and keep going through the second series - you won't regret it.

Great score too. Here's a couple of examples from the last series:

I was one of the people that initially lost interest midway through season 2, but got back in to it recently and it really is brilliant. Midway through season 3 now and will no doubt have it boxed off in a couple of weeks. 

10 minutes ago, rock the clock said:

Watched all of Succession again. From the creator of Peep Show.

Best description I've seen is that it's either the bleakest comedy, or the funniest drama you've ever seen. İt's really great. 

Where can you see it? We had to binge both seasons before it went off NowTv.

It is great, I agree.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I was one of the people that initially lost interest midway through season 2, but got back in to it recently and it really is brilliant. Midway through season 3 now and will no doubt have it boxed off in a couple of weeks. 

Yeah, loads of people gave up in season 2. Might be easier to keep going now you don't have to wait a week for each episode.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It is great, I agree.

Well, I've just streamed it but I'm pretty sure HBO have made a number of their shows available for free for a while - including Succession and The Sopranos - though i dunno if you can get them in the UK.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you tuned out of Better Call Saul (perhaps at some point during season 2) this is the perfect opportunity to give it another crack of the whip.

Greatest show of all time? Maybe, I think it's my favourite though. Although it's a toss up between that and BoJack (and the Simpsons obviously, I feel like that goes without saying round here).

Watching Breaking Bad as one of the flatmates has never seen it and it just makes BCS even better. I'm happy to fist fight anyone that suggests that Bad is better (not really, but it shout about it over a pint)

12 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've been watching stuff at odd hours due to work commitments and childcare... (two young children!). 

I've watched the whole of Tiger King on Netflix. How bizzare that so many strange people can be so interwoven! 

I've finally watched the John Wick series of films! Years late. I have managed to watch a few films to be honest... The Way Back, The Hunt, Just Mercy, Rambo... all done after 11pm! 

TV series I am going to start Umbrella Academy soon, and I've always said I'd watch Sons of Anarchy so I might give that a go. 

Should time permit! 

I've got a backlog of reading to do too!!

Apparently theres a new tiger King coming soon.. That was strange.. She defo killed her husband and fed him to cats... And the bloke that got the Kings zoo had something to do with it ALL the creep.. 

Just watched all noughts and crosses...... Ummmm 

59 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Especially now you can binge through the slower episodes without having to wait a couple of years for anything to happen.

I've loved the slower episodes of Better Call Saul. Normally, if a show starts to get too slow, or looks from the start like it's going to be one of those type of shows, I just drop it, but Saul had just been so compelling all the way through. And I've watched them all as they've come out rather than binging any.

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I've watched the first 3. It looked like it was going to be really good, and the world building and some of the detail are excellent but overall just a bit disappointing so far. The plot isn't up to much and the main characters, particularly the central couple, just aren't interesting enough. Shame, cos it had real potential. Only 3 episodes left so I'll probably end up seeing how it plays out, but no rush

It's the best of the lot. I liked them all, but it really got into its stride for the endgame.

Yeah I went off It towards the end of season 3, when it finished I finally went back into it and S4 was so beautifully rewarding. 
Big shout out here for Leftovers too, just don’t binge it straightaway. Much more satisfying stretching it out a bit as it’s emotionally draining. 

31 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I've only seen the first episode but thought it was alright. Loved the books but read them like 15 years ago, is the show no good? I was expecting more buzz around it tbh.

34 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Apparently theres a new tiger King coming soon.. That was strange.. She defo killed her husband and fed him to cats... And the bloke that got the Kings zoo had something to do with it ALL the creep.. 

I feel like I don’t have to watch this now. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Tales from The Loop on Amazon Prime is really good too.

Oh, oh ,oh, I've just remembered - on the iPlayer, there is the entire wonderful and gentle sitcom, Detectorists. It has the finest on screen portrayal on male friendship I've ever seen. It's absolutely lovely.

And cracking music too, from Johnny Flynn:

• Upvote 1

It is great, I agree.

I’ve been waiting for Succession S2 to come back to Sky for months. Got into the first series late and the second had been taken off Sky but the time we’d finished S1. Especially as I’ve heard S2 is incredible.

Tales from The Loop on Amazon Prime is really good too.

Oh, oh ,oh, I've just remembered - on the iPlayer, there is the entire wonderful and gentle sitcom, Detectorists. It has the finest on screen portrayal on male friendship I've ever seen. It's absolutely lovely.

Thank you,  reminded me I must watch Detectorists again, it's so subtle and wonderful. My favourite  (probably misremembered) part is Lance explaining the difference between men and women: "If you give a woman a cactus, a year later she might have bought another one to go next to it on the windowsill. The man will have had to build a conservatory to accommodate his growing collection of cacti"

Edited by dizzymoo

7 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Watching VEEP from the start.

Which got me into re watching The Thick Of It again...best Xmas specials ever.( except maybe The Office UK)

Talking of Armando, I started watching Avenue 5, but the way things spill out of control into a disaster with idiots in charge...was a bit close to home.

10 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Watching VEEP from the start.

Which got me into re watching The Thick Of It again...best Xmas specials ever.( except maybe The Office UK)

VEEP is an AAA show, criminally underrated in this country. Changes a bit when ya boi Armando leaves but is still brilliant. Finishes brilliantly as well.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's genius! Love it.

I met a detectorist near home recently (We're very close to Watling Street), he was as madcap as the people on the show...