When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Meanwhile more planes fall out of the sky.  But at least we aren't taking a risk with the none existent danger from blood clots

List of countries that were concerned about the blood clots:

Sweden

Latvia

Germany

Italy

France

Spain

Denmark

Norway

Luxembourg

Portugal

Cyprus

Slovenia

Indonesia

Ireland

Bulgaria

Congo

Thailand

Romania

Iceland

Austria

The Netherlands

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

List of countries that were concerned about the blood clots:

Sweden

Latvia

Germany

Italy

France

Spain

Denmark

Norway

Luxembourg

Portugal

Cyprus

Slovenia

Indonesia

Ireland

Bulgaria

Congo

Thailand

Romania

Iceland

Austria

The Netherlands

And it turned out they shouldn't have been really.

Hopefully Europe get things together and we stop this ridiculous bickering on here and in real life and get this sorted to prevent more deaths ... whilst Europe has a problem we still do ... seriously this thread has become a complete mess of late when we all want the same thing ... use your block buttons and stop biting for the fisherman !! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hopefully Europe get things together and we stop this ridiculous bickering on here and in real life and get this sorted to prevent more deaths ... whilst Europe has a problem we still do ... seriously this thread has become a complete mess of late when we all want the same thing ... use your block buttons and stop biting for the fisherman !! 

We really don't.

Some people's overwhelming priority is to minimise deaths from covid, even if that means longer lockdowns.

Others prefer to avoid lockdowns, even at the expense of more covid deaths.

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

And it turned out they shouldn't have been really.

Why not?

Science and evidence go hand in hand.
This long list of countries (which represents most countries AZ was contracted with) wanted to be more sure that there wasn't a serious risk of blood clots before they permitted the vaccines to be used again.

Anyone can understand that, surely.

I was listening to a fairly centre-left, liberal, remain supporting, pro-lockdown type podcast today and one of the hosts opined that the British public, despite their overwhelming support for restrictions since day 1, has pretty much run out of patience and is ready for a full on reopening.

He suggests that the anti-lockdown protestors aren't just speaking for the anti-vaxxer weirdos/covid deniers as well as those who believe in covid but value personal freedom over the lives of old/fat people, but also a new emerging group of people who accept the need for lockdowns to protect the NHS but have simply had enough, especially now that the vulnerable groups 1-9 have been jabbed.

I think we are kind of seeing it now on this thread. A few months back this thread was an echo chamber of posters who had a raging hard on for authoritarianism. A few of the usual suspects are still posting, but it's much more of a 50-50 split between the lockdown fetishists and those who would like to see society reopened. I suspect that there will be slightly more civil disobedience if 21 June is not met, but overwhelmingly the response will be that people will just stop following the rules to a degree and start meeting up with friends and family again. Many of us already have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

We approved our vaccines in December.

We should have approved them in November.

Would have saved a lot of planes from falling out of the sky.

Could have also locked down earlier , sorted test and trace and numerous other things that prevented the planes falling from the sky ... 

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So her view is we are fucked forever?

She is a moron like all members of pretend SAGE.

These scientists are fully aware that their time in the limelight is coming to an end and they're desperately clutching at straws to extend their 15 minutes of fame.

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think there is a tipping point.  If we hit June and there is no hope.  Then its back to normal for me and we all take our chances.  Stay at home if you want / need too but the rest of us have to be set free to live (or not)

Spot on.

This is how it should have been done since day one for me.

18 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I was listening to a fairly centre-left, liberal, remain supporting, pro-lockdown type podcast today and one of the hosts opined that the British public, despite their overwhelming support for restrictions since day 1, has pretty much run out of patience and is ready for a full on reopening.

He suggests that the anti-lockdown protestors aren't just speaking for the anti-vaxxer weirdos/covid deniers as well as those who believe in covid but value personal freedom over the lives of old/fat people, but also a new emerging group of people who accept the need for lockdowns to protect the NHS but have simply had enough, especially now that the vulnerable groups 1-9 have been jabbed.

I think we are kind of seeing it now on this thread. A few months back this thread was an echo chamber of posters who had a raging hard on for authoritarianism. A few of the usual suspects are still posting, but it's much more of a 50-50 split between the lockdown fetishists and those who would like to see society reopened. I suspect that there will be slightly more civil disobedience if 21 June is not met, but overwhelmingly the response will be that people will just stop following the rules to a degree and start meeting up with friends and family again. Many of us already have.

I think the main thing we're all looking forward to about 21st June is to do more than just meeting up with people. The sanctioned events and gatherings are the key for normality - meeting up with friends and family is mere weeks away. That part is unlikely be delayed or sidelined. The big question is how much further will we get 

Have you thought of applying for a job on GB News? "Lockdown fetishists" 😂

Edited by efcfanwirral