When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

You get less imprisonment for a whole raft of crimes than we've served for none.

😛

As far as I am aware, HMP Belmarsh does not encourage their inmates to go to Sainsbury's for their snout nor take a bike ride foe exercise?

• Upvote 3

Just now, zahidf said:

EU wanting to punish us for doing well

Nah, the EU politicians only care about how we're doing in terms of how it compares to their own efforts - it's not about punishing us, it's about saving face at home. Not everything is about us.

17 minutes ago, st dan said:

Anybody know how many days we’ve ‘legally’ been allowed to meet friends and family indoors in the past 365 days? And has this always been limited to a certain number, I can’t remember with all the lockdown fog!

I think parts of Leicester had 5 minutes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Or they are trying to focus on their own and ensure their citizens get access to vaccines. We would expect the same from our government.

Doesn't hide the fact the EU fucked up and is now trying to make others pay for their mistakes. Banning anything will only cause everyone more harm and will be reciprocated. They should just do more vaccinating and telling their people that they are safe, as opposed to doing their best to discredit the AZ vaccines and then moan they arent getting enough of it. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Doesn't hide the fact the EU fucked up and is now trying to make others pay for their mistakes. Banning anything will only cause everyone more harm and will be reciprocated. They should just do more vaccinating and telling their people that they are safe, as opposed to doing their best to discredit the AZ vaccines and then moan they arent getting enough of it. 

The EMA have said regularly through the last few weeks that the AZ vaccine is safe and approved it for use in all adults. It was individual countries that suspended the use and cited concerns. 

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The EMA have said regularly through the last few weeks that the AZ vaccine is safe and approved it for use in all adults. It was individual countries that suspended the use and cited concerns. 

And some still are risking lives by not bothering to restart.Spain are faffing around and haven't restrated yet. France and Germany faffing about ages. Maybe they should sort themselves out first before trying to punish us for getting on with it and pretending its because of 'fairness;

Edited by zahidf

Just now, zahidf said:

And some still are risking lives by not bothering to restart.Spain are faffing around and haven't restrated yet. France and Germany faffing about ages. Maybe they should sort themselves out first before trying to punish us for getting on with it and pretending its because of 'fairness;

Those countries are potential making mistakes by doing that but the EU itself has had the AZ vaccine fully approved through all of this. It’s sovereign nations that are making those calls. 

12 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I mean, I think Johnson is talking bollocks about a third wave but not in the same way she does. Any third wave will be less than we had before and should cause minimal death because of the Vaccines. He's just using it to try and keep his backbenchers in check and prep the ground for a bit of cooperation with Europe.