When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

The problem is, like it or not (and I don't like it) - redirecting jabs from the UK to the EU right now will actually save more lives, as they're still injecting people with a high chance of dying from it.

If we retaliate by blocking materials it'll be us who are causing the deaths.

their issues arent just supply though ina  lot of countries. France and Germany are sitting on loads of doses in their fridge. one link i saw said 13.5 millions unused doses in the EU overall?

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

their issues arent just supply though ina  lot of countries. France and Germany are sitting on loads of doses in their fridge. one link i saw said 13.5 millions unused doses in the EU overall?

They are sitting on doses because supply is so uncertain they are having to hold back doses for second doses.

Vaccine hesitancy is a big issue for the EU, and something they are going to have to confront and deal with in the coming months. But let's not kid ourselves that everyone vulnerable in the EU that wants a jab has had one and hence they're just waiting around, so may as well send them to us.

It's a comforting nonsense to justify why we should have them but that's all it is.

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

lockdowns begin to lift ... cases increase ... this is why we have 5 week intervals built in ... to understand if these things translate to hospitalisations .....lets hope not ... 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

lockdowns begin to lift ... cases increase ... this is why we have 5 week intervals built in ... to understand if these things translate to hospitalisations .....lets hope not ... 

Exactly, this is why the roadmap and the steps in between is so important. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

funnily we have a beer with a quite similar pronunciation here which I would prefer

Zipfer by any chance?  The Zipfer Bierhaus in Salzburg is a great place....as is the Stieglkeller, the Stiegl-Brauwelt, and Hangar-7.

I miss Salzburg 😥

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Zipfer by any chance?  The Zipfer Bierhaus in Salzburg is a great place....as is the Stieglkeller, the Stiegl-Brauwelt, and Hangar-7.

I miss Salzburg 😥

Kaiser - an austrian comedian changed it with Pfizer

Yeah, Zipfer and Stiegl, great beers. I drink them a lot in the hope it kills covid. but didn`t work as I got it too last year. But Stieglkeller - I studied there, not in the Keller - in Salzburg, Trummer is also great from there, but also Brewdog from the UK which luckily you can buy in Austria too, Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Yep - they publish this data so we can get pretty accurate numbers - it fluctuates between 12 and 15 million and is now a shade over 14m.