When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

That’s the worst joke I’ve heard in my entire life.

Instead if and upvote or downvote, is there a ‘stop this person telling any more jokes’ vote, haha.

I made up a bad joke the other day. What did Phil Collins say when he was asked if he wanted a side with his steak?

'No jacket required'.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

There was some twitter chatter earlier saying his son is autistic, but then that got traced to a tweet about a LBC show that never said that. Maybe he'll go for something like that, and try an invoke a 'shame on you' feeling in the public.

See, even if this is the case, thousands of parents with children with special needs could've "used their instincts" to move somewhere more comfortable, but didn't, because it was the rules. It would not be an acceptable excuse. 

• Upvote 1

I think he is going to appeal for sympathy - family hounded by the press, protecting his autistic son, had no other option etc

But..... there have been so many other families who didn’t break lockdown under the same/similar circumstances (not the press angle though) so it may not work

I hope that the implication made yesterday that other parents didn’t  ‘care’ as much as he did for his own family to break the rules (section 1 out of the gaslighting book) is enough to sink him

I think the statement he’ll probably get away with, but if the questions are good enough he’ll be rattled enough for his arrogance to show through

4 minutes ago, basicminds said:

didnt boris mention in his bumbling yesterday about a medical condition that he would not go into?  something along those lines anyway

Maybe it's a unique condition that no one else has and Durham is the only available place to get treatment?

4 minutes ago, basicminds said:

didnt boris mention in his bumbling yesterday about a medical condition that he would not go into?  something along those lines anyway

Yes. He stopped himself just as he was about to go down that road. 

You cant drive full stop. An accident, however unlikely means the emergency services are diverted to attend to you.

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Who is this little twit on the BBC right now?

Ha exactly what I was going to ask! "everyone is intelligent to understand it was more than staying at home".  So if you didn't act like DC you are a thick crap parent?

Edited by basicminds

17 minutes ago, Homer said:

I made up a bad joke the other day. What did Phil Collins say when he was asked if he wanted a side with his steak?

'No jacket required'.

I’d like to take this opportunity to apologise to @Ayrshire Chris for earlier saying that his joke was the worst I’d ever heard (though at that point it was the worst joke I’d ever heard)

3 minutes ago, basicminds said:

Ha exactly what I was going to ask! "everyone is intelligent to understand it was more than staying at home".  So if you didn't act like DC you are a thick crap parent?

“The left were saying the lockdown was too liberal, and now they’re saying people followed it in unnecessarily strictly, something doesn’t add up” sorry, what??

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton