When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

37 minutes ago, jparx said:

Interesting read since they’re obviously well connected, but jeeesus I hate the way they write in that paper. I feel my brain cells dying as I read through each paragraph.

I always find it interesting when people (not you) say people writing for that paper are thick. To write consistently in their tone and summarise a story into the short length they run actually takes quite a lot of skill. It's just a shame they use that skill to write for that paper.

I mean could see full stadiums like in NZ for the euros. By the 11th June (Euros start) 100% of at risk of COVID will have had both jabs and probably 80%-90% of the population will have had one jab. The people who aren't vaccinated are not at risk. I think the numbers of deaths below the age of 40 is around the 500 mark.

If everyone is vaccinated what else can you do? Just need to accept that the virus is among us some will fall ill. 

Also having full stadiums and no rule of 6 in the streets will be an incredible economic boost. Last World Cup there was big economic boost as people were out drinking and enjoying the summer. This time it will be huge. 

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I’m just trying to provide balance.

There’s no way in Ireland in July hospitality hasn’t opened whilst in the U.K. there’s no social distancing.

Why will it take till July for hospitality to be opened? 

That aside, I don’t think what Ireland is up to has too much baring on here - look how far through the vaccination programme we are. By summer we will be almost done clearly.

7 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I mean could see full stadiums like in NZ for the euros. By the 11th June (Euros start) 100% of at risk of COVID will have had both jabs and probably 80%-90% of the population will have had one jab. The people who aren't vaccinated are not at risk. I think the numbers of deaths below the age of 40 is around the 500 mark.

If everyone is vaccinated what else can you do? Just need to accept that the virus is among us some will fall ill. 

Also having full stadiums and no rule of 6 in the streets will be an incredible economic boost. Last World Cup there was big economic boost as people were out drinking and enjoying the summer. This time it will be huge. 

Fuck the euros, I just want End of the road festival to happen. I want to be stood out in the fresh air with a cold pint in my hand watching great bands doing their stuff!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Fuck the euros, I just want End of the road festival to happen. I want to be stood out in the fresh air with a cold pint in my hand watching great bands doing their stuff!

100% behind that. I just want to have a pint, in the sun, with all my friends. NO masks, no rules of 6, nothing. The government should really give us a one off bank holiday weekend (Friday to Monday) to celebrate.

But I tell you what, when England did so well in the World Cup a couple years back, I just remember walking down the street with everyone singing and celebrating. one of my favourite memories but imagine it now after the year we had.