When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

We all have our own priorities...seems like household mixing is the main one on here. For me it's schools.

Whereas I think sending them back for a few weeks before a 2 weeks holiday is pointless. May as well reopen more things fully after Easter if that's what they are worried about 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah it seems stupid to restrict people when 25% of the population will have VERY good protection in 21 days time.  And these are 25% of the most vulnerable.

Also think the briefing from the zero covid lockdown ultras are getting precedence. Saying we need social distancing after the vaccination programme is done is ridiculous 

For me, 2021 has to be the end of this (with all the caveats over mutations etc). We have vaccines and we know they’re working. There seems to be odd comments with VERY low expectations for where we’ll be by the end of the year or even next summer. Our expectation has to be that this will be over, and masks being the only thing we may need to use. There’s no reason to think otherwise at this stage and that needs to be what we’re demanding at this stage. 

Less than 24 hours to go before my ferry back to the UK, and still not got any answers from DHSC regarding my questions about my passenger locator form that needs filled in before travel.

That's after 10 days of me attempting to get answers by phone to the helpline and emails to the trace team, as advised on the government website.

I've made at least 10 attempts to get this sorted, only actual response I got was an email on Monday saying they were looking into it and would update me asap.

They are now leaving me no option but to put incorrect information on the PLF and I've logged all emails/calls as evidence incase needed at a later date if they try to fine me.

Edited by Paul ™

28 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah I was probably one of them...sorry! But the Kent variant and then worry about other variants have changed things, we didn't know about this back in mid December (the govt did, not the public), and the case rate started to go through the roof over christmas and new year.

Yeah I think actually I was conflating two different periods in my mind. I think when the "you can see family for five days over Christmas" was announced was when maybe you and others were saying people should just wait. By the time it was cancelled I think everyone knew we'd be locked down for a good few months.

It's all just been so difficult. My parents were saying even last week that even if we're not allowed to stay together, as soon as we can travel around they will be up here in a hotel and we can have a few days of walking around together. But again, this roadmap is now saying "no sign of when travel around the country will be allowed". It's just so shit. It's so shit. 

13 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Less than 24 hours to go before my ferry back to the UK, and still not got any answers from DHSC regarding my questions about my passenger locator form that needs filled in before travel.

That's after 10 days of me attempting to get answers by phone to the helpline and emails to the trace team, as advised on the government website.

I've made at least 10 attempts to get this sorted, only actual response I got was an email on Monday saying they were looking into it and would update me asap.

They are now leaving me no option but to put incorrect information on the PLF and I've logged all emails/calls as evidence incase needed at a later date if they try to fine me.

Sounds painful. What's the issue you need clarity on?

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sounds painful. What's the issue you need clarity on?

Need a residential address to put on the passenger locator form, and an address where we will be when self isolating.

Also need a delivery address to put on the booking form for the Testing Package for them to be delivered to.

We live full time in our motorhome and do not have an address to put down, we are planning to get parked up somewhere safe/quiet when we get to the UK and isolate as required.

10 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yeah I think actually I was conflating two different periods in my mind. I think when the "you can see family for five days over Christmas" was announced was when maybe you and others were saying people should just wait. By the time it was cancelled I think everyone knew we'd be locked down for a good few months.

It's all just been so difficult. My parents were saying even last week that even if we're not allowed to stay together, as soon as we can travel around they will be up here in a hotel and we can have a few days of walking around together. But again, this roadmap is now saying "no sign of when travel around the country will be allowed". It's just so shit. It's so shit. 

I would genuinely just meet them indoors as it sounds like you are all struggling pretty badly. They have both been vaccinated right? At some stage you have to prioritise yourself. That is selfish, but ultimately given the vast majority of the most at risk population have now been vaccinated (never mind living in lockdown for the last 7 weeks) there is absolutely nominal risk in you meeting your parents. 

10 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Need a residential address to put on the passenger locator form, and an address where we will be when self isolating.

Also need a delivery address to put on the booking form for the Testing Package for them to be delivered to.

We live full time in our motorhome and do not have an address to put down, we are planning to get parked up somewhere safe/quiet when we get to the UK and isolate as required.

They obviously haven't thought of that, which they should have done. Hope you get it resolved.

Just now, xxialac said:

They obviously haven't thought of that, which they should have done. Hope you get it resolved.

Well running out of time for answering now tbh.

I've had several suggestions from them such as put the ferry port address, any postcode where you are, leave it blank(can't do), put TBC for the booking reference etc.

Guess will see how it goes at the UK border, if they check the PLF or not.

One thing about having no residential address, is it will make it harder for them to come fine me! 

2 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Well running out of time for answering now tbh.

I've had several suggestions from them such as put the ferry port address, any postcode where you are, leave it blank(can't do), put TBC for the booking reference etc.

Guess will see how it goes at the UK border, if they check the PLF or not.

One thing about having no residential address, is it will make it harder for them to come fine me! 

If it's on your phone, wouldn't surprise me if they spend all of two seconds checking the date and nothing more!

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Nothing about gyms been leaked? 

This is more cautious than I expected too, to be honest. Interesting that it says no info yet in travelling around the country as we have to do that to see any of our family and most of our friends! 

Yep, to me this shows how little the government actually care about the health and well-being of the public, both from a mental and physical perspective. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The issue is that the two household meetings in April still need to be outdoors. Make them indoors and then we’re on to something. 

I actually don't mind if they're outdoors as long as the weather is nice, but of course there is no guarantee of that at all in April. We'd happily meet in a park or garden (in a garden you have to go in to use the loo anyway, which always makes the rule feel a bit pointless, but we stuck to it last summer when that was the case. None of our parents were vaccinated then, though, and now they all are...

The outdoors rule would be easier with pubs and restaurants open too so you could eat out together. It is a bit limiting for people with our gardens. Parks are going to be busy.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

I’m convinced they know that people are going to break the rules and start seeing friends/family indoors soon - they are just playing their cards close, so they can always say ‘well we didn’t allow for mixing in our roadmap’ if the cases start rising again. 

I think this is it. They know that a lot of people are going to ignore the mixing rules once their Family/Friends have been Vaccinated. They have to be cautious with the stuff they can control.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

a lot of people will feel they haven't been fully vaccinated until they've had the 2nd dose.

Maybe, and some will be getting theirs soon. Others will see the data about single shots and adjust their risk accordingly. Point is that’s why they will try and be strict with it in terms of what’s officially allowed as it may slow down the rate at which people start mixing again. If that (and schools going back) causes a spike they’ve left themselves some leeway with hospitality etc.