When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Ticketing companies should say if you are vaccinated you get priority access to any sale for a gig and if not, you’re fucked from here On out. Lets see how fast everyone lines up to get a shot.

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Cheers.  Bear in mind that BBC dashboard figure covers the entire Somerset West and Taunton Council area.  If you stick your postcode in at bottom of the GOV.UK dashboard https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/ you will get a much more focused but possibly lower figure.  For instance TA11AA shows only 13 cases per 100k up to 10 Nov.

Hadn't used that one before. 250/100,000. Yeesh. High for a rural area. Wonder if half term tourists impacted on that?

4 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Hadn't used that one before. 250/100,000. Yeesh. High for a rural area. Wonder if half term tourists impacted on that?

I don't know why they have started expressing the MSOA numbers as X per 100k now. 

A MSOA has a mean population of 7250 it literally makes no sense. I don't really understand why they have expressed it as cases per 100k for much below national levels. 

Just now, balthazarstarbuck said:

I mean 2.5 million people, especially if they’re vulnerable isn’t to be sniffed at. But ordering now definitely means we’ll be at the back of the queue.

Not sure being earlier in the queue would mean all that much more in this case - it's a company with almost no existing manufacturing capacity, that had always promised the first 100 million doses to the US Government in exchange for huge funding. Even if we'd got in straight after the US we'd still be looking at March at the absolute earliest and more likely later.

19 minutes ago, incident said:

Not sure being earlier in the queue would mean all that much more in this case - it's a company with almost no existing manufacturing capacity, that had always promised the first 100 million doses to the US Government in exchange for huge funding. Even if we'd got in straight after the US we'd still be looking at March at the absolute earliest and more likely later.

Correct. Moderna  projecting 5 month timeframe to build EU based manufacturing capacity.

Edited by Lycra

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did anywhere purple go into tier 3 before lockdown?

No I don't think so as it Tier 3 were Liverpool, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and South Yorkshire... West Yorks was due but decided against it and there were talks of North East, Teeside and Nottingham going into Tier 3 but that didn't happen either

Leicestershire I don't even know what tier they were tbh

4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

No I don't think so as it Tier 3 were Liverpool, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and South Yorkshire... West Yorks was due but decided against it and there were talks of North East, Teeside and Nottingham going into Tier 3 but that didn't happen either

4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Barnsley MBC is purple on that map and was in Tier 3 before lockdown. It's the one that looks like a dolphin at the south of the purple band.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter