When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They also missed the opportunity to make use of half term, which was really stupid if they want to keep kids in school as much as possible. Having a circuit breaker then while kids were off (even for just one week of it) surely would have helped.

They’ll blame Starmer/Labour. Or anyone else. It won’t be their fault, that’s for sure.

To be fair to the government....there are no easy solutions to any of this. They obviously tried to find a balance between stopping virus spreading where there were outbreaks, and limiting damage to the economy...but in the end it doesn't look like the regional restrictions are working, and we're going to end up in a worse place altogether. This time though they can't blame the scientists.

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

They’ll blame Starmer/Labour. Or anyone else. It won’t be their fault, that’s for sure.

Yep you can see it coming can’t you.

I agree with everyone else sentiments it feels like March and this government are sleep walking into this. Where is Boris Johnson? I know it’s recess but where is he? He should be out front every of this steering us through, guiding us, but no he’s off somewhere.

The worst bit is that they had time to prepare the country for this but they fucked around breaking international law and telling us to get out. They have completely cocked up the chance we had, they even had more direct warnings this time as well. 

The decisive, strong action would be a circuit break immediately to get on top of it. They’ve tried the local approach, but with cases rising the south we clearly need more. No more dither and delay Boris - make the strong call. If we want any hope of a winter where we’re not locked indoors for the long term, we have to act now.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They also missed the opportunity to make use of half term, which was really stupid if they want to keep kids in school as much as possible. Having a circuit breaker then while kids were off (even for just one week of it) surely would have helped.

It’s bonkers ... we can all see our cases rising day after day ... our local news does a peice on the case rises every evening and every area last night had risen significantly apart from 1 which had dropped by 2 cases per 100,000 , what part of this are the government not able to see ? Maybe I should become a government advisor I’ll see if that career change thing advises it ... same for the vulnerable very few now are being asked to isolate ... it’s seeming like the herd immunity plan by stealth after it’s shown not to happen !! Murdering w*nkers :( 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I agree with everyone else sentiments it feels like March and this government are sleep walking into this. Where is Boris Johnson? I know it’s recess but where is he? He should be out front every of this steering us through, guiding us, but no he’s off somewhere.

The worst bit is that they had time to prepare the country for this but they fucked around breaking international law and telling us to get out. They have completely cocked up the chance we had, they even had more direct warnings this time as well. 

Come on, he's on his half term hols....give the man a break.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

To be fair to the government....there are no easy solutions to any of this. They obviously tried to find a balance between stopping virus spreading where there were outbreaks, and limiting damage to the economy...but in the end it doesn't look like the regional restrictions are working, and we're going to end up in a worse place altogether. This time though they can't blame the scientists.

Being late to act once is excusable when dealing with a new crisis. Being late the 2nd time is negligent or possibly criminal given the number of deaths.

Spaffer got well and truly skewered by Starmer. Starmer set the trap and Spaffer took it.

That was Spaffer's choice, not Starmer's.

If Spaffer had taken the best available advice at the time it was given there wouldn't have been a trap for Starmer to set. And even when Starmer had set the trap Spaffer didn't have to be an arsehole and put the tory party &/or his career above the lives of people. ;) 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Being late to act once is excusable when dealing with a new crisis. Being late the 2nd time is negligent or possibly criminal given the number of deaths.

Spaffer got well and truly skewered by Starmer. Starmer set the trap and Spaffer took it.

If Spaffer had taken the best available advice at the time it was given there wouldn't have been a trap for Starmer to set. And even when Starmer had set the trap Spaffer didn't have to be an arsehole and put the tory party &/or his career above the lives of people. ;) 

If I could like your posts I would. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Sending out Useless Hancock and Smug Jenrick (both will take the fall in the spring shake-up?) to do the press tells you everything. The only thing Johnson has done this week is say how happy he is to starve the poor kids?

So frustrating as we all stayed in to let them plan. So much time wasted. With Boris’s disappearing act, my wife said yesterday why do we in England hear more from Nicola Sturgeon than him?

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nailed it. 100%.

You have to wonder how long they’re going to drag their feet on this circuit break/lockdown. They clearly think it’s an egg-on-face move and an admission of defeat in how they’ve handled it, but grow up, stop worrying about saving face and make the strong decision. For a government elected on the myth they were strong and decisive, they couldn’t be further from it. Get a fucking grip.

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This time though they can't blame the scientists.

Modelling of the epidemic has been surprisingly accurate. It's the Government's willingness to gamble which has got the country to where it is. With a short circuit breaker lockdown no longer an option the choice is muddling on with tiers or full extended lockdown again. Now which one of those do models indicate do not work 🤔

Edited by Lycra

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like govt holding out against a circuit break lockdown and going to try and go for the moonshot test thing.

They really need to get a grip and fully pay people who need to take the time off then ..... so many people are failing to isolate it just makes it so half hearted 

12 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Sending out Useless Hancock and Smug Jenrick (both will take the fall in the spring shake-up?) to do the press tells you everything. The only thing Johnson has done this week is say how happy he is to starve the poor kids?

So frustrating as we all stayed in to let them plan. So much time wasted. With Boris’s disappearing act, my wife said yesterday why do we in England hear more from Nicola Sturgeon than him?

Jenrick really is a complete twat, smug is also a very good to describe him. I can’t him. They are shit aren’t they a mixture of incompetent and plan nasty. Or with Raab, he has the look on his face where he’s constantly surprised he’s just wet himself. 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like govt holding out against a circuit break lockdown and going to try and go for the moonshot test thing.

We need action now, the moonshot isn’t ready yet sadly. We need decisive leadership.