When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

don't think Harding has anything much to do with it.

There's a woman (don't know her name but not Harding) who's in charge of managing the roll-out, to a criteria set by someone else (might be harding but don't think so).

Top of the roll-out list is care home staff and residents (starting with the oldest), which I feel is wrong; I reckon it should be NHS health workers first as there'll be a bit of 'wastage' from doing the oldies first.

A fair enough.  I was making the assumption that we were talking about how they'd roll it out based on what seems sensible to us but that their plan to do it hadn't actually manifested, so saw a distinct possibility of it going the same route as T&T and her heading up the body that replaced PHE.

The further away from it she is the better.

Be interesting to see the take up of the vaccine once it is available to NHS staff - I know a few people on the frontline who are all ‘low risk’ and they all have no intention at all of taking it when available. I can imagine this being the case for a lot of the workers.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

don't think Harding has anything much to do with it.

There's a woman (don't know her name but not Harding) who's in charge of managing the roll-out, to a criteria set by someone else (might be harding but don't think so).

Top of the roll-out list is care home staff and residents (starting with the oldest), which I feel is wrong; I reckon it should be NHS health workers first as there'll be a bit of 'wastage' from doing the oldies first.

(I'm not trying to mean to oldies. I just think it's a bit weird to suddenly put lives at the top of the list rather than 'protect the nhs').

Kate Bingham

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32175-9/fulltext

Just now, st dan said:

Be interesting to see the take up of the vaccine once it is available to NHS staff - I know a few people on the frontline who are all ‘low risk’ and they all have no intention at all of taking it when available. I can imagine this being the case for a lot of the workers.

dont forget the ones who are more than happy to take the vaccine might be less vocal than the anti vaxers .... although it does seem like this is slowly growing ....

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

dont forget the ones who are more than happy to take the vaccine might be less vocal than the anti vaxers .... although it does seem like this is slowly growing ....

Yeah this is true, although none of those I know are anti vaxers at all - this one is just a whole new ball game in taking a vaccine that has been fast tracked in a number of months compared to a number of years (although I know the circumstances around this one make it an exception to the rule). 
Not so sure I want my wife taking it if I’m being totally honest. Not yet anyway. And she isn’t convinced either. 

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Yeah this is true, although none of those I know are anti vaxers at all - this one is just a whole new ball game in taking a vaccine that has been fast tracked in a number of months compared to a number of years (although I know the circumstances around this one make it an exception to the rule). 
Not so sure I want my wife taking it if I’m being totally honest. Not yet anyway. And she isn’t convinced either. 

The way ive taken it is that the safety processes are the same .... some parts have been speeded up like the recruitment of volunteers for the trials and funding massively better .... ill be taking it as soon as its offered to me ... I guess the decision process would be different without the diabetes .....

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

The way ive taken it is that the safety processes are the same .... some parts have been speeded up like the recruitment of volunteers for the trials and funding massively better .... ill be taking it as soon as its offered to me ... I guess the decision process would be different without the diabetes .....

Yeah I certainly think if anybody is of a certain age / has an underlying condition that makes you vulnerable to Covid then the vaccine is probably a ‘risk’ worth taking. But she’s 30 with no underlying conditions and is generally fit and active, as are the others I know in the NHS. Not sure the potential risks (although likely to be very low) are worth it in their case.

Just not sure what they’ll do with sick pay etc if they do catch Covid or have to isolate, and they have refused the offer of the vaccine. 

19 minutes ago, st dan said:

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yeah I certainly think if anybody is of a certain age / has an underlying condition that makes you vulnerable to Covid then the vaccine is probably a ‘risk’ worth taking. But she’s 30 with no underlying conditions and is generally fit and active, as are the others I know in the NHS. Not sure the potential risks (although likely to be very low) are worth it in their case.

Just not sure what they’ll do with sick pay etc if they do catch Covid or have to isolate, and they have refused the offer of the vaccine. 

Most interesting thing that will give us an idea of what the future holds more generally is if they make it mandatory for going to work...

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Most interesting thing that will give us an idea of what the future holds more generally is if they make it mandatory for going to work...

I don’t think they can make it mandatory can they? Pretty sure nobody can force anybody into taking a vaccine against their will. But I do think they can potentially dock pay etc for non-compliance, but I’m not actually too sure on that one. 

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

I don’t think they can make it mandatory can they? Pretty sure nobody can force anybody into taking a vaccine against their will. But I do think they can potentially dock pay etc for non-compliance, but I’m not actually too sure on that one. 

They’ve not done it with flu vaccine have they ? I’d presume that might set some kind of precedent ... although it doesn’t have quite the same numbers ... there might be some kind of target levels they need to achieve though 

Edited by crazyfool1

just to add on lockdown and how case rates have been changing, just put together the changes in Manchester - bear in mind we were Tier 2 from 31st July, with Oldham under a stricter tier 2 than others and then Bolton did a stricter Tier 3 (all hospitality closed) for about month (maybe longer)

this is numbers when we locked down:

image.thumb.png.e827f4181323739697d692f0e38d6521.png

This is how it was going on 1st September:

image.png.f179a8dc0e1c29f07b5fb6aca67868a8.png

This is how we faired from Sept to end of Oct:

image.thumb.png.f82950867adf74a107a3dc4617df67c4.png

This is where we are today in Tier 3:

image.png.4ea7ccf343b92b9459e440c320fbfa46.png

You can see more people going back to work, the eat out thing increasing movement, august we did see house gatherings causing problems (this was the increase in Oldham), but then you get the schools and then the Universities which put Manchester central and Bolton up :(

Now all the boroughs are going up, which is not good tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

just to add on lockdown and how case rates have been changing, just put together the changes in Manchester - bear in mind we were Tier 2 from 31st July, with Oldham under a stricter tier 2 than others and then Bolton did a stricter Tier 3 (all hospitality closed) for about month (maybe longer)

this is numbers when we locked down:

image.thumb.png.e827f4181323739697d692f0e38d6521.png

This is how it was going on 1st September:

image.png.f179a8dc0e1c29f07b5fb6aca67868a8.png

This is how we faired from Sept to end of Oct:

image.thumb.png.f82950867adf74a107a3dc4617df67c4.png

This is where we are today in Tier 3:

image.png.4ea7ccf343b92b9459e440c320fbfa46.png

You can see more people going back to work, the eat out thing increasing movement, august we did see house gatherings causing problems (this was the increase in Oldham), but then you get the schools and then the Universities which put Manchester central and Bolton up :(

Now all the boroughs are going up, which is not good tbh

Eat out to help out really did a number in some places. I know it was brought in with good intentions but in hindsight it might have added to things. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Eat out to help out really did a number in some places. I know it was brought in with good intentions but in hindsight it might have added to things. 

I think it's more that people were working, mainly the lower paid who live in shared accommodation and use public transport