When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just had an interesting conversation with a mate from Bradford. She’s mixed race so supposedly in a higher risk group and this is the typical behaviour in Bradford pubs right now. 

F5A78EA5-DB25-494B-93DA-69A349730F87.thumb.jpeg.b8c292c3a956da77fdc6570d6281973b.jpeg7CA262D8-7B4B-4090-B34E-93A035CD42F6.thumb.jpeg.17849ca3517a3bfd78f6dea21eeeffd3.jpeg

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂We're all gonna die🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is kind of the point I was making after Sunaks statement in the HoC last week, why does the Government get to decide what job is viable? If those rich, out of touch Ministers decide a job in a Night Club isn't viable anymore because Clubs can't open bat the moment then that's it, they've gone. We could have a vaccine of some kind in 6 months and those jobs would be viable again. Sunak is dangerous, I can't stand him.

@RobertProsineckisLighter I presume the post code bit is for privacy? 

A postcode alone is completely non identifiable - they exist for the purpose of delivering letters, they aren't a particularly standand geographical or statistical unit although they always get used as them because people know their postcode. 

They also change. 

Pop quiz... 

What's the most popular street name in England and Wales? And for a bonus point what's the most common house number in England and Wales?

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is kind of the point I was making after Sunaks statement in the HoC last week, why does the Government get to decide what job is viable? If those rich, out of touch Ministers decide a job in a Night Club isn't viable anymore because Clubs can't open bat the moment then that's it, they've gone. We could have a vaccine of some kind in 6 months and those jobs would be viable again. Sunak is dangerous, I can't stand him.

Arts etc gives too much hope and freedom - not something the Tories want us having. Never mind its generally left leaning. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I thought the BAME communities were at higher risk of serious complications from Covid. She’s young and healthy but many of her family won’t be. 

Oh yeah completely agree, she should probably be more careful than that if around older family etc. But just wanted to point out that if she’s young and healthy, she shouldn’t really be at a massive risk herself purely because she’s mixed race 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I thought the BAME communities were at higher risk of serious complications from Covid. She’s young and healthy but many of her family won’t be. 

They are.

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Arts etc gives too much hope and freedom - not something the Tories want us having. Never mind its generally left leaning. 

Exactly! So why should it be down to them to decide what is and isn't viable. 

53 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

It is remarkably easy to do as well, I don't understand why the app doesn't update it's risk rating based on where you are, equally easy to do. 

But then again it only uses the first part of your postcode for some reason too.

Privacy concerns  - it doesn't track your location directly, the app doesn't have permission to the location APIs.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

queen st ? might be up there .... we have both of those too :) 

5 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Most villages and towns I've been to have a "High Street" or "Church Street"

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Main street. 

House number. I’m going to guess as 3

The correct answer is High Street. @ace56blaa takes the lead.

Church Street is popular. As is Station Road. 

The correct house number has yet to be given... The tension is building.

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I give him enough shit for everything he does, but at least he's apologised and corrected himself.

The rules are so complicated Ive no idea how anyone knows what they are now ... the PM no exception .... part of the problem id  say !!

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Privacy concerns  - it doesn't track your location directly, the app doesn't have permission to the location APIs.

True - but if someone or 'they' wanted to track your phone... They will do anyway... Your phone itself is a great big geospatial marker!

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The rules are so complicated Ive no idea how anyone knows what they are now ... the PM no exception .... part of the problem say !!

I think it sums it up doesn’t it!

15 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The correct answer is High Street. @ace56blaa takes the lead.

Church Street is popular. As is Station Road. 

The correct house number has yet to be given... The tension is building.

69?

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The rules are so complicated Ive no idea how anyone knows what they are now ... the PM no exception .... part of the problem say !!

This is why it's all so ridiculous.  What rules there are don't get properly communicated even to those who are supposed to enforce them, who all too often are only finding out the rules exist because the media report it.  

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

1 ? why wouldn't streets have a 1 ? 

I live in a street with no number 1.  I'm the second house on the top of the odd side of the street, number 5.  Just to confuse matters further the even side of the street starts at 192 at the top and goes down to 64 at the bottom.  

2 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

If there's only half a street I think they start with the evens. So it'd be 2.

It is the number 2, and that is part of the reason also a lot of commercial premises e.g. pubs are on corners so it will be Red Lion, High Street. 

I believe the officially addressed lowest numbered house is -2.