When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

26 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

My concern if we go down the road of every adult to save a small % of younger people from long covid or hospitalisation, what precedent does that set for flu season? How is it acceptable to have any restrictions for such a small number of society then opening up when we then enter a time when tens of thousands are going to die from something we've shown we can prevent with measures?Hypothetically why is someone dying from the flu any less valuable than someone dying from covid. I feel like we're close to that level by delaying 21st June because certain people haven't had a second dose to be honest. Our level of risk as a country has completely gone to shit and I really fear for the winter because of that. 

At the moment all reports I'm seeing have doctors that seem to be wanting a delay just "because its the Indian variant", not because the data shows that we need to. Even if the data still looks good on 14th June, they seem to be pushing for delay anyway. 

Yup. Boffins flexing their muscles a bit. They'd love to be able to lock us down during flu season. Hopefully the govt will ignore them though.

I'm perfectly fine with masks on public transport as a compromise and I'm supermarket's. Everything else should be in the bin by June 21st

Edited by zahidf

So going on the train for the first time in over a year was a big step for me and pretty weird how normal it felt. It was pretty busy on the way over to Brighton with a couple of people not wearing masks but generally speaking I felt fine. It was a good day, good to get out and hang out with some friends again. 

38 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

My concern if we go down the road of every adult to save a small % of younger people from long covid or hospitalisation, what precedent does that set for flu season? How is it acceptable to have any restrictions for such a small number of society then opening up when we then enter a time when tens of thousands are going to die from something we've shown we can prevent with measures?Hypothetically why is someone dying from the flu any less valuable than someone dying from covid. I feel like we're close to that level by delaying 21st June because certain people haven't had a second dose to be honest. Our level of risk as a country has completely gone to shit and I really fear for the winter because of that. 

At the moment all reports I'm seeing have doctors that seem to be wanting a delay just "because its the Indian variant", not because the data shows that we need to. Even if the data still looks good on 14th June, they seem to be pushing for delay anyway. 

Yeah we will have to live with covid now, but as we come out of the arse end of this and not everyone is vaccinated there is a risk they open everything and then have to reverse and have some restrictions a few weeks later, and they want to avoid that. I agree it's about risk,but at this stage there is a still some uncertainty what that risk is. Anyway, by all accounts Johnson will be desperate to hit that June 21st date, but he'll be in a lot of doo doo if he had to uturn in July.

Edited by steviewevie

43 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's got to be say as many over 40s second dosed as youre going to get

For rough timings on this, I’m 41 and booked both my jabs as soon as I could. My second one is in the last week of July. 

You won’t have all the over 40s double dosed until August. 

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There will still be scientists warning of new waves, new variants, proposing new restrictions for months to come, irrespective of how many are fully vaccinated, guaranteed.

Yup. Fake SAGE already want all adults double jabbed before they will agree to no restriction.  Which is ridiculous 

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There will still be scientists warning of new waves, new variants, proposing new restrictions for months to come, irrespective of how many are fully vaccinated, guaranteed.

This is what I said about indie sage over a month ago. It’s all very political and they don’t want the current government to progress with anything. What they put out the media lap up because it’s sensationalist, my worry is that the media may bully the government to backtrack.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Not that ridiculous. 

It is absolutely ridiculous.

First of all, “all adults double jabbed” is a misnomer given that plenty adults will be saying no. 

Secondly, it’s ridiculous to have restrictions in place once all adults have been offered a single dose and JCVI groups 1-9 have been offered two. 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is one that she uses as a reference. Are we supposed to be terrified of increases of 20-30 cases in an area and believe that's going to put us back to January numbers over summer with this amount of vaccinations? 

She's not the one doing the modelling, according to these from SAGE we are at start of wave.

...and I guess we'll see in a few weeks where we are on that curve...and then they'll have to make a decision I guess based on how many vaccines have been dished out.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

She's not the one doing the modelling, according to these from SAGE we are at start of wave.

...and I guess we'll see in a few weeks where we are on that curve...and then they'll have to make a decision I guess based on how many vaccines have been dished out.

Ah I read it wrong - that's per day. Yeah maybe a delay is needed 😂

Edited by efcfanwirral

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This is comical. They're just making this shit up now. Pandemics over guys. Chill out 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

One of the former zerocovid lot has seen the light and reckons it's all over in this country

she's not really talking about whether restrictions should be ended here end of June...but that vaccines work and they need to be distributed globally asap and only when the world is vaccinated this pandemic will be over.

37 minutes ago, zahidf said:

One of the former zerocovid lot has seen the light and reckons it's all over in this country

Good read. Think the key here is 'hospitalisations and deaths'. Cases may be rising but deaths are still ridiculously low.

It has to be over in this country or certainly the tail end. If not, we are never out of this.