When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Weather should knock them back down the next couple of weeks and it shouldn't lead to that many hospitalisations 

This is a decent little thread, kind of where I am with it all right now. I feel we should delay step 4 by a few weeks to get as many people 2nd dosed as possible.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is a decent little thread, kind of where I am with it all right now. I feel we should delay step 4 by a few weeks to get as many people 2nd dosed as possible.

As long as those are the parameters and that it doesn't slip to "everyone has two doses" because then it could easily slip to "its winter so keep being careful" then "everyone has a booster" 

And are the economic effects worth that delay? 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

As long as those are the parameters nd that it doesn't slip to "everyone has two doses" because then it could easily slip to "its winter so keep being careful" then "everyone has a booster" 

I can see the logic behind delaying for a few weeks. The government support is still there so we might as well use it and get more protection to push down on R. 

23 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

A 25% rise nearly in cases. Heading back towards the 5k cases a day on the heaviest day.

Just wait until the youngsters can get the jab. All will be fine.

Trust the vaccine.

Edited by Matt42

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I can see the logic behind delaying for a few weeks. The government support is still there so we might as well use it and get more protection to push down on R. 

I think we're in huge danger of condensing life down to this one issue, when there's more of an argument we are reasonably protected now. We can't stop everyone getting ill and we can't stop all deaths. 

Not that I agree with restrictions for it, but I think there will be a big conversation around flu over the winter - how can we ethically not react to 10s of thousands of deaths from a different disease? I'm not saying we should but someone who loses a loved one to flu is just as much a valued person as covid. 

It'll be interesting where our priorities as a nation end up landing 

Edited by efcfanwirral

On 5/26/2021 at 12:50 PM, Havors said:

Gove is not going to be PM... hes even more incompetent that Boris and Cummings plan in all this is to get rid of the incompetence I think. Sunak is more likely to take a run at it himself with cummings pulling the strings behind the scenes. 

Frontrunners fr next leader will sunak, gove, and spelling mistake.

56 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

We’re back at the finger pointing game...

For me, the accidental lab leak has always seems the most plausible explanation as to why it was covered up initially. Guess they were hoping it would peter out before having to own it.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

We’re back at the finger pointing game...

Not sure how much evidence there is for this, I men sure it's feasible, as is the possibility it crossed species in a wet market, but if this is found to be true and China covered it up the implications would be pretty huge.

59 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Not sure how much evidence there is for this, I men sure it's feasible, as is the possibility it crossed species in a wet market, but if this is found to be true and China covered it up the implications would be pretty huge.

It's pretty obvious China covered it up for ages! Personally I've never been bothered to visit China bit I hope that industry and everyone connected die on it's arse.

I personally wouldn't care if China became and permanent Red list country to the UK and neither could enter either way.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's pretty obvious China covered it up for ages! Personally I've never been bothered to visit China bit I hope that industry and everyone connected die on it's arse.

I personally wouldn't care if China became and permanent Red list country to the UK and neither could enter either way.

Which industry do you mean? And by "covered up" do you mean covered up the existence of covid, or its origin?