When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Pagel calls for a 2 month extension for stage 4 on radio 4, saying its 'not that long to wait'

Her extreme, over the top views has given her some more airtime then? 
* pretends to be shocked *

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Pagel calls for a 2 month extension for stage 4 on radio 4, saying its 'not that long to wait'

How can she say that with a straight face when it’s clear that some people’s livelihoods are at stake?

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It is all Christina Pagel's fault. I wouldn't be surprised if she brought the indian variant into the country on purpose.

Not deliberately, but she certainly wasn’t upset when it came in. There’s a very weird portion of our population that are PRAYING for a genuine vaccine escape variant to emerge. 

22 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

How can she say that with a straight face when it’s clear that some people’s livelihoods are at stake?

TBF to R4 they followed it with a discussion of the damage that  longer lockdown would do to other aspect of life and the need to strike a balance. Sounded to me like they had CP on to put up an 'extreme' view that they could then punch holes in (in a nice R4 kinda way). 

If things were delayed till late august as pagel wants then you just know by the time that rolls around it’ll be like nah we can’t open up now it’s too close to winter.

No idea why the narrative seems to have changed to anything over 0 deaths is too many. I dont think the daily reporting helps in that regard.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

20210528_073421.jpg

What infuriates me, and is clearly part of the sage "make the public scared to keep them compliant" plan is the over 65s vs under 65s comparisons. Surely now we need this data more easily available with more specific age ranges than that now

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

If things were delayed till late august as pagel wants then you just know by the time that rolls around it’ll be like nah we can’t open up now it’s too close to winter.

No idea why the narrative seems to have changed to anything over 0 deaths is too many. I dont think the daily reporting helps in that regard.

I agree - and then they talk about NHS capacity...but nobody ever suggests increasing this

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Hope so too 😀

It's been crap here for a week.. meant to be better next week.

In other news, negative result for my lateral flow test today, first of .any over the next few weeks!