When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

33 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think we are panicking more in this country than others, despite the fact we see vaccinating loads more. 

In a week things will go up a bit but not to a worrying degree I reckon 

yes and no, you made it that in Europe they are now concerned too and even Indie Sage has made it with their comments in many newspapers now. but for now it is not a big problem here. 

you simply have to find the turnaround again, that is certainly possible, but we will see in a few weeks from now. but a proof that situation is a bit shaky in the UK is that cases/incidences now in several countries like Finnland and Poland are lower than in the UK.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Not being able to mosh is a big turn off IMO

Ha this isn't the kind of thing you'd normally mosh to. One man and a guitar type deal and he's done sit down gigs before Covid times. For other gigs can see that would be a factor but for this particular event it being seated and intimate is actually a bonus.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Just been to my local with parents that i thought would be rammed like it used to be. My gut feeling is people have got used to a fiver for a 4 pack not a fiver a pint rather than any fear x

not so sure .... supermarkets have definately got quieter over last few weeks .... I will try and sneak a peak at how our alcohol sales are doing tomorrow ..... maybe some like me are holding off for next stages of restrictions lifting .... and cant be bothered with group of 6 and table service along with sign ins 

edit im actually trying out a social distant gig on sat 🙂 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its hard to work out if people are still scared, or don't like the distancing or if habits have just changed.

Meeting my Dad in Manchester for food and drink Friday night and it will be interesting to see how busy or not it is.

Everywhere is busy around here. I suppose that just shows that people who are happy to go on holiday are happy to go to the pub/restaurants

43 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think we are panicking more in this country than others, despite the fact we see vaccinating loads more. 

In a week things will go up a bit but not to a worrying degree I reckon 

Not sure. UK banned from flying in lots of places because of variants

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I've been to a few socially distant gigs! Generally has seemed busy

I'm guessing Darren haymaker hasn't sold out because he's playing a new album in full. He was playing hefner or a normal set...

the tour im going to has sold out pretty well most of the gigs but thats not at all comparable to full tours ... its an difficult comparison to make because of capacities being reduced significantly 

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'm guessing Darren haymaker hasn't sold out because he's playing a new album in full. He was playing hefner or a normal set...

you mean Darren Hayman from Hefner - I heard on Radio (presenter half english Robert Rotifer is a fan of him and dedicated his show as a tribute) that his father sadly died on covid-19 last year.

35 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Isn't he basically agreeing with Independent SAGE? Especially with this tweet?

It's a medium thread I found. Basically no one knows, could be ok, we may have to look at reopening fully June 21st. At least he's using facts unlike fake SAGE

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

It's a medium thread I found. Basically no one knows, could be ok, we may have to look at reopening fully June 21st. At least he's using facts unlike fake SAGE

Just proves that tone is more important than content. Fake SAGE act like they hate the public. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Just proves that tone is more important than content. Fake SAGE act like they hate the public. 

Yeah I agree, they're so patronising. Of course people want to hear the facts and truth but the way they present it probably makes them that unpopular. The thread was well done and reached all the key points as it should 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Good daily drop of 14 in Bolton. It looks like it's really getting under control. 

0_JSR_MEN_260521corona_01JPG.jpg

1_JSR_MEN_270521rates_01JPG.jpg

I'm genuinely baffled as to why the cases have stayed so localised to the areas, still it's good news to see the cases fall. It does bare the moral question of if anyone would be willing to see through 2/3 weeks of higher cases if they knew it would probably contain itself after a short period 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

1 hour ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

you mean Darren Hayman from Hefner - I heard on Radio (presenter half english Robert Rotifer is a fan of him and dedicated his show as a tribute) that his father sadly died on covid-19 last year.

Yep that's the one. And yeah I remember him tweeting about it. Very sad.