When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I can’t imagine they’ll make venues carry out tests, just require sight of a negative test result acquired in the previous 48 hours from a rapid testing centre.

If I’m honest I doubt it’ll even happen at all, goes against the ideology of the small state conservative right wing that effectively runs the party. 

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I can’t imagine they’ll make venues carry out tests, just require sight of a negative test result acquired in the previous 48 hours from a rapid testing centre.

If I’m honest I doubt it’ll even happen at all, goes against the ideology of the small state conservative right wing that effectively runs the party. 

Oh yeah you would upload a negative test on your phone 24-48 hours before the event 

6 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Its all about risk and reducing the risks as much as possible.

Yeah I might be fine but if I pick it up and spread it to someone who isn't fine then we have a problem.  If the person who has come along with me has a medical condition that stops them having the vaccine then they have a serious problem.

In the end its to stop selfish people hurting others.  Its going to happen and the only people who will suffer are the selfish people who refuse to get the vaccine.  Sad times for them.

What about the other illnesses you could pick up and pass onto someone else that could pose a serious problem to someone you come into contact with? 

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

There are still plenty of people, like my parents, who don’t have smartphones. You’d hope they’d do a physical version as well!

It’s important that if they do go this route then they think about those that don’t have the suitable technology. Maybe some form of card for a wallet or purse, but I don’t know if that would work!

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is it literally because you don't like the way they think? Because you'll be fine with two doses of the vaccine. Probably would be fine without it. 

I hope some pubs don't ask for it 

The way most people think: I don't have the expertise in this field so I will rely on someone who does.

Anti-Vaxxers: I found one FB that proves my bias to the vaccine hence everything else wrong. Im very smart. Im not sheep. Im very smart. 

Literally just ask yourself what would happen if 99% of scientists said that chemical x was harmful and 1% said it would cure you. Who are you going too listen to?

12 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

500,000 deaths without any mitigations and 250,000 without a lockdown 

well, we'll never know...govt locked down and we're sitting at 130k deaths. These forecasts can never be super accurate, but are used as a guide. The point was the NHS would get overwhelmed and we would have had a lot of death unless locked down...

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s important that if they do go this route then they think about those that don’t have the suitable technology. Maybe some form of card for a wallet or purse, but I don’t know if that would work!

Didn't vaccinated people get wristbands in Contagion? Maybe we'll do that as they love that film.

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It's difficult for physical versions though isn't it? In terms of being able to fake etc?

3 minutes ago, Copperface said:

This is on the way and could be adapted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56165563

I still think the issue with physical versions are as mentioned in the article the ability to "fake".

In my head perhaps the physical version could simply be a QR code which when scanned brings up a picture of said person along with vaccination / negative test data. This is then checked alongside picture ID such as driving licence / passport?

I'm sure there's flaws to that, just thought of it quickly in my head!

24 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

The way most people think: I don't have the expertise in this field so I will rely on someone who does.

Anti-Vaxxers: I found one FB that proves my bias to the vaccine hence everything else wrong. Im very smart. Im not sheep. Im very smart. 

Literally just ask yourself what would happen if 99% of scientists said that chemical x was harmful and 1% said it would cure you. Who are you going too listen to?

Love it. I'll be using that.

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

🤷‍♂️

4 weeks to gather the data and one week to examine it is perfectly reasonable, not everyone is going to immediately start going to pubs/restaurants etc as soon as they are opened, you need time to fully assess the impact.

17 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

4 weeks to gather the data and one week to examine it is perfectly reasonable, not everyone is going to immediately start going to pubs/restaurants etc as soon as they are opened, you need time to fully assess the impact.

I once again find myself agreeing you dear Sir. For me personally the 5 weeks gives me a bit more confidence going out and about to places too, I’m glad they’ve chosen this timespan.