When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

Can't help thinking that this is just a message from the French about Brexit and less about Covid.   

Huh?

40 countries from around the world closed their borders to the UK. Were they all doing it to send a message about Brexit?

And you know it's a disaster for the French too, right?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

15% of over 80’s vaccinated now. Hopefully we start baking in some of that to the death numbers, partially offsetting the horrible case numbers 

My mum and father in law are still not in that 15%. So far it's only been those that have hospital appointments already scheduled. It's not out in the GP's yet.  Mainly because of the logistics.

15 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Have you got a link for that? Thats amazing and I want to share it round

https://ifunny.co/picture/live-tv-teenager-slept-with-his-bully-s-sister-girlfriend-JSCl0PPE8

seems fake, but trying to find it found loads of just as good stories haha

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/man-gets-revenge-school-bully-10986761

48 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

If I can add any shred of positivity to this it would be that testing figures have been well in excess of 400k for the last 3 days running now, and not below 300k in a week.  

That is a positive! Did you know the gov website now shows positivity rate per region?

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Huh?

40 countries from around the world closed their borders to the UK. Were they all doing it to send a message about Brexit?

And you know it's a disaster for the French too, right?

Good and reasonable point, but I still think it's a show of power. The Scottish fish industry is hurting badly for example.  Pain is both sides.

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Talking to a friend at a vaccination centre and both glad, and surprised, that she told me that at the end of each day if there's any vaccine left over (no shows etc) they basically give it to anyone that's around. 

So if you want the vaccine hang about around an hour before it closes! 😂

Pretty much how my other half got his seasonal flu jab (or jag in Scotland)

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

In better news...my grandma has recieved a letter saying she's likely to he offered the vaccine soon and shes definitely going to be taking it up, my grandad suddenly died last week (non-Covid related) so she's determined to take it up and live her life fully now 

Ah man so sorry for your loss. We lost my old boy last year, not that long before things got all pandamic crazy and I have seen how bad such a loss can be via my mum. add covid and everything is pretty much fucked and has been all year really. Hope my mum can find the positivity your na has, maybe next year. 

6 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Talking to a friend at a vaccination centre and both glad, and surprised, that she told me that at the end of each day if there's any vaccine left over (no shows etc) they basically give it to anyone that's around. 

when I get one a bit closer I might just do that  🙂 

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

A bit like hanging around a supermarket like Asda at the end of the day waiting for the cut price stickers to go on the perishable food ! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

True and sorry for sounding a bit aggro in my reply.

I didn't think it was aggro, you made a good point.  Shutting down borders and air travel is one thing. Shutting down Dover is very specific message.  But I'm very cynical..

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Daniel Hannan given a peerage. This is the guy who said coronavirus won't kill you.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

“Absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the single market.” - that Daniel Hannan?

The Daniel Hannon described by Charlie Brooker as "a boggle-eyed, slap-headed, unpleasant, revolting, heartless, shit-brained, attention-grabbing, fetid excuse for a prick." by any chance?

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Update:

So what's new, all of mainland Scotland will be there boxing day.  Our Nicola usually comes with a spoiler alert for the rest of the UK.

Edit- not a political statement but observation.😟

Edited by Lizzim