- The EU

- Immigrants

- Corbyn

- Remainers

- Parliament

- The courts

- The young

- Dominic Cummings

Not once have they accepted any blame for anything, they are running out of people they can shift it too. Instead it's just them to blame for so many of the issues we see now today.

one constant is they're always in power.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can’t really celebrate this Cummings thing. There’s something going on here that’s probably going to be worse than DC staying in Downing Street. Highly suspicious.

I think it's politics...too many problems with backbenchers and others in government, and even the public...all made a lot worse since the surreal barnard castle thing.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I think it's politics...too many problems with backbenchers and others in government, and even the public...all made a lot worse since the surreal barnard castle thing.

add to that list many in the civil service...

and...maybe they're about to make some compromises to get EU deal done which the vote leave crew couldn't stomach, who knows.

Something that came up earlier in the thread (or maybe one of the previous COVID threads!) was the impact of chronobiology on immune function. Anyway, excellent pre-print out recently addressing this in over 300,000 patients. Long and short of it is that our white blood cells (basically immune cells) fluctuate daily and seasonally. We’ve suspected as much for a while, but nice to see a study of this size confirm it (I’m biased a bit as I went to college with one of the authors). What does it mean? Well, around now, our immune systems aren’t as good as they are when there’s more daylight. Helps to partly explain why we get more infections in winter (more opportunity too obviously as we are indoors more), but possibly contributing to the bigger peaks we are seeing now. Also suggests mornings are the best time for vaccinations (mornings in spring/summer even better). Might be worthwhile doing care home and older vaccinations early in the day, but probably too soon to be fully adapting this into clinical practice. Anyway, I think circadian rhythms are fascinating! 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.10.23.20218305v1.full.pdf

As ye were...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

Something that came up earlier in the thread (or maybe one of the previous COVID threads!) was the impact of chronobiology on immune function. Anyway, excellent pre-print out recently addressing this in over 300,000 patients. Long and short of it is that our white blood cells (basically immune cells) fluctuate daily and seasonally. We’ve suspected as much for a while, but nice to see a study of this size confirm it (I’m biased a bit as I went to college with one of the authors). What does it mean? Well, around now, our immune systems aren’t as good as they are when there’s more daylight. Helps to partly explain why we get more infections in winter (more opportunity too obviously as we are indoors more), but possibly contributing to the bigger peaks we are seeing now. Also suggests mornings are the best time for vaccinations (mornings in spring/summer even better). Might be worthwhile doing care home and older vaccinations early in the day, but probably too soon to be fully adapting this into clinical practice. Anyway, I think circadian rhythms are fascinating! 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.10.23.20218305v1.full.pdf

As ye were...

Interesting....does this have any relevance to the advice on taking Vitamin D as a potential CV19 prophylaxis?

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Interesting....does this have any relevance to the advice on taking Vitamin D as a potential CV19 prophylaxis?

It could certainly be linked at a molecular level (I’m sure it is), though vitamin d as a prophylactic is still uncertain. Clear links with vitamin d deficiency and poor outcomes, but we still don’t have definitive data on whether it is protective.

2 hours ago, Copperface said:

Nobody is suggesting compulsory vaccination at the moment though, just making vaccination a condition of entry to certain things.

But that's it the article was about work places, so if you want to work it's pretty much making it compulsory 

Again I'll point out I'm all for vaccines I just think this is dodgy ground and needs an education approach (as crazyfool has stated has started) not forced one (which is what this will be)

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I'm no Cummings fan but I find it humorous that they are trying to paint the Governments failures on him and his Vote Leave crew. How many different people have now been blamed for Tory government issues now, it must be near double figures over the 10 years they've been in power? Whilst this is definitely good news, Boris Johnson is still our PM and is still utterly useless at the job.

Exactly and I fear it gives Boris a get out of free pass as "loveable" Boris will be back and they get their votes back

also, Cummings still working until 16th Dec on the moonshoot thing (probably giving a few more contracts to his friends) along with Cain

Plus, what's this distracting from - what's been agreed with EU this week??? other half said he read something about us agreeing to following same rules as EU for financial rule (sorry no links at mo) so does that mean we are conceding to follow the EU rules on common market and state aid? Because if we are that would upset Brexiteers and would be definitely something they would distract from

52 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

In all the excitement we’ve missed something...

CE9A2B25-65E7-43A9-A7BE-1A9E884A5A4A.png.b9e8d454890a8bc7b97b04fe6ad375bc.png

Is it just me that has saved this image, put it in photoshop, turned up the brightness and looked for the 'hidden text' congratulating the true winner 'Neil' for all his efforts..... 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Can’t really celebrate this Cummings thing. There’s something going on here that’s probably going to be worse than DC staying in Downing Street. Highly suspicious.

This is defo distracting from something Brexit related I reckon :(