When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

So how many weeks are we away from the likes of us who are married and have children being able to let the grandparents have a cuddle?

I must admit if there is one thing which has hit me hard during all of this it's that my daughter has spent more days of her life not being able to be held by her grandparents than she was!

It absolutely breaks me when we see them and they can't come within 2 metres of her.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

So how many weeks are we away from the likes of us who are married and have children being able to let the grandparents have a cuddle?

I must admit if there is one thing which has hit me hard during all of this it's that my daughter has spent more days of her life not being able to be held by her grandparents than she was!

It absolutely breaks me when we see them and they can't come within 2 metres of her.

I think really while the virus exists that’s just going be a personal choice based on yours and the grandparents own risk assessment. The 2m or If it becomes 1m rule will be around for a long time. It’s worth remembering it’s just guidance though, it’s not an actual law. 

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think really while the virus exists that’s just going be a personal choice based on yours and the grandparents own risk assessment. The 2m or If it becomes 1m rule will be around for a long time. It’s worth remembering it’s just guidance though, it’s not an actual law. 

yep totally ... my parents saw my brother and niece and nephew yesterday ... 3 and 9 ... I didnt go because of my worry levels if id seen them hugging .... I hope they did social distancing but my dad is becoming less inclined to and states hes fit and healthy ( forgetting he has high blood pressure ) and its always going to be hard with kids and grandparents im aware 

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

So based on the bubbles, my girlfriend lives with her family and I live with mine.

I still can't go inside her house as neither of us are living in single adult houses?

You can technically go inside the house if you were visiting them in the garden and needed the toilet or something.  You couldn't make a bubble with them though.  

• Upvote 1

"Vallance says two metres is not a rule. It is a scientific assessment of risk. Other factors are relevant, such as time and mitigating factors in place. All those need to be taken into account. It is wrong to portray that as a scientific rule, two metre or nothing. That is not what the advice is now."

sounds like the justification is there to reduce to 1 metre

33 minutes ago, Homer said:

Bah - I finally relented on painting the bathroom - my excuse that the weather's too nice finally ran out of legs - and forgot to tune in!

It was a good’un today, twice Boris nearly cracked including an unnecessary dig at Labour. He’s under pressure and it shows.

I'm intrigued to see how Thrope Park distancing measures are going to be implemented. Will be interesting to see considering you still can't meet up within 2 metres or people.

Also I've completely written this year off for live music, does anyone else still find it strange promoters are booking tours and events September onwards? How naive I was to think this would be over in a month or two when it first emerged at the start :(

29 minutes ago, D-Low said:

I'm intrigued to see how Thrope Park distancing measures are going to be implemented. Will be interesting to see considering you still can't meet up within 2 metres or people.

Also I've completely written this year off for live music, does anyone else still find it strange promoters are booking tours and events September onwards? How naive I was to think this would be over in a month or two when it first emerged at the start :(

I have a comedy gig booked on 1st October in 1000ish seater theatre, emailed them today and they have told me it is definately still on.

35 minutes ago, D-Low said:

They reckon there will be empty rows on rollercoasters to separate family’s, one thing I read earlier though is how some rollercoasters travel at 100mph...

so if the person in the row in front has CV and exhales...

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

They reckon there will be empty rows on rollercoasters to separate family’s, one thing I read earlier though is how some rollercoasters travel at 100mph...

so if the person in the row in front has CV and exhales...

It's certainly has it's ups and downs.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This video sums up my views on PMQs quite well.

Thanks for this. I stopped watching the BBC News after their weakness over Cummingsgate and the slap down they gave Emily Maitlis and have Sky News on most of the time. Maybe time to switch back though if it's looking like they've belatedly grown some balls. Beth Rigby's analysis of PMQs was poor: she thought it was about evens. I don't know what she thought Johnson had offered to balance Starmer's line - delivered after saying our death toll was one of the highest in the world -  'last week the PM said he was proud of the government's record. But there's no pride in those figures ... is there?' Both of the last 2 PMQs Johnson's offered nothing but bluster and defensiveness. He's just not up the job of debating with a QC and I expect Starmer to get more and more on top of him as the weeks go by.