When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Bit of Jonathan Pie for you.

I nearly posted the below earlier. The question he rehearses but doesn't ask is the sort of interrogation proper journalists should be subjecting these liars to every time they're spoken with (but then they'd just be shut out of the loop these days I guess).

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Or maybe they aren't as slick as we thought they were. Cummings made the wrong play with prorogation, it was too heavy handed for our political system and this defence seems too heavy handed too. Yes he had made some good moves in election campaigns but in the middle of a crises like this maybe he isn't as good. I could be wrong but getting a stinking majority has meant that he has overplayed his hand here thinking the British public would let him off when he's drastically miss-played it.

But why the shocking bad lie of the journey to the castle and eyesight ... and the convenience of Boris having spectacles in his pocket ? And the I don’t remember stuff ... his statement was so long he gave so much there that could be picked apart ... he could easily have given a short statement . 

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Boris says that to get rid of Cummings means getting rid of him

Very clever, framing it like this will make it seem like any call for DC to go is essentially a call for the PM to go as well. They are banking on Tory MPs to row back as to not want to be seen to bring down the PM or even the government. If it works though is another story.

5 minutes ago, sime said:

I was an atheist but I now believe in god...!

Ha! Plenty of rumours knocking around on Twitter of other stuff like this, but I've only posted this as God has over 6m followers and has really stuck his neck out here!

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Pretty sure he's just making the same unfounded accusations Trump has been making about Joe Scarborough, to see if he can get away with it too.

Thanks for the context - was trying to piece it together! Making more sense. Dangerous game!

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

It's all distraction tactics (Like in the US) to get us past the 30th June Brexit extension deadline that has been paid for and onto a hard Brexit. That's their main priority - they're going to be minted from the UK/US trade deal.

Yep I read that but my thoughts are that they could easily have got that over the line with the majority they have ... ok they would get detractors but they would more than likely fall in line with a few grumblings ... why upset the numbers of people they clearly have along with the clergy and the daily mail !! 

17 minutes ago, jparx said:

Because they're not as smart as they think they are? Cummings has had a good run recently but his success is more down to being c**ty enough to stoop to dirty tricks, rather than genius level intelligence. I think he's just fucked up, and they've failed to grasp how much it's pissed off the public. He's tried all the usual tricks - blame the media, make it a Brexit/remain issue, gaslight the public, but it's not worked. He was bound to make a big error at some point, and this is it.

But the mystery is why the Tory party bigwigs haven't taken action over this, they are normally ruthless when it come to protecting the party, they even got rid of Thatcher once she was past her usefulness. They normally know if things are getting out of hand and act, this could have been dealt with on Friday or Saturday but it's still rolling on causing real damage, it's very strange.

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Thanks for the context - was trying to piece it together! Making more sense. Dangerous game!

I only got it after looking at the subtweets. I knew Trump had been making crazy statements about a historical murder that didn't happen, but didn't have the details as I try to avoid Trump related news where I can.

At first I was excited by the tweets too, and then I thought "is excitement a good emotion to feel over the murder of an innocent woman?" and *then* I looked below... damn internet, always got to think twice!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

But the mystery is why the Tory party bigwigs haven't taken action over this, they are normally ruthless when it come to protecting the party, they even got rid of Thatcher once she was past her usefulness. They normally know if things are getting out of hand and act, this could have been dealt with on Friday or Saturday but it's still rolling on causing real damage, it's very strange.

They can't get rid of Johnson yet even if they wanted too. The leader has to be uncharge for a year before their can be a vote of no confidence.

41 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

There is something about this that doesn't smell right, Cummings isn't so stupid to think the public would swallow

Are you saying that Cummings is hard to swallow?

Edited by squirrelarmy
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They can't get rid of Johnson yet even if they wanted too. The leader has to be uncharge for a year before their can be a vote of no confidence.

Beautiful typo.

30 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I only got it after looking at the subtweets. I knew Trump had been making crazy statements about a historical murder that didn't happen, but didn't have the details as I try to avoid Trump related news where I can.

At first I was excited by the tweets too, and then I thought "is excitement a good emotion to feel over the murder of an innocent woman?" and *then* I looked below... damn internet, always got to think twice!

Ha! Yeah, I tried to do due diligence by reading the comments too but still didn't get it. I've been avoiding the Trump scandals recently (mainly by being distracted by our own one though sadly!).

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

My take is that they have an 80-seat majority, they're a tad arrogant and they really don't care. They don't need a long=term strategy, they just need to get themselves to 1st Jan and then collect their payoff.

35 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

What was the one test they all had to pass to be in the cabinet? 'Will you support me on a hard Brexit?'

51 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Pretty sure he's just making the same unfounded accusations Trump has been making about Joe Scarborough, to see if he can get away with it too.

I don't actually believe it. It's quite a thing for a Twitter poster with 6 million followers to post though. Maybe he's doing a Twitter experiment to see how people respond.