When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, gizmoman said:

Haven't heard that term for decades! My dad was a scot.

The fear in a line of petrified kids all with their shirt sleeves rolled up waiting for the jag from some scary nurse wielding a huge syringe and a PE mat on the floor to catch any fainters is something I can’t forget. 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The fear in a line of petrified kids all with their shirt sleeves rolled up waiting for the jag from some scary nurse wielding a huge syringe and a PE mat on the floor to catch any fainters is something I can’t forget. 

I was one of the fainters. In my defence, I have always maintained that I only fainted because the nurse did the jab then said "oh, it isn't supposed to bleed like that." *fade to black*

Got the rest of the day off school though.

12 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I was one of the fainters. In my defence, I have always maintained that I only fainted because the nurse did the jab then said "oh, it isn't supposed to bleed like that." *fade to black*

Got the rest of the day off school though.

Likewise ... but I had to go back to class ... chemistry ... and amazingly the whole class knew ... 14600 injections later I think I’m over it :) 

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Likewise ... but I had to go back to class ... chemistry ... and amazingly the whole class knew ... 14600 injections later I think I’m over it :) 

Two fainters outed! Not me, I was the smart arse who emerged pretending it was really sore and scaring the shit out of those still waiting for their jag/injection! 

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Two fainters outed! Not me, I was the smart arse who emerged pretending it was really sore and scaring the shit out of those still waiting for their jag/injection! 

I blame the heat in the corridor ... ironically I also fainted when having bloods done ... in the presence of a lovely student nurse ffs !! 

2 hours ago, jparx said:

How does that work? The whole of the UK was locked down at the same point. The NW peak coming in three weeks would suggest suggest people were still freely spreading it around until recently, when the whole nation has been locked down for approaching a month. Would the peak not be at the same time across the UK (roughly) just higher in different regions?

Might be missing something obvious?

Yeah my thought is that because London was "2 weeks ahead of the test of the country" they'll have a bigger peak and consequently take longer to see cases reduced to lower numbers. So if different areas have different lockdown lengths they'll be out later.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

UK hospital number of deaths at 761...has it peaked?

Too early to say but hope so. Worth noting that care home deaths will add loads to that unfortunately 

I'm really feeling the cabin fever today. Even my walk didnt help much. I'll watch some comedy tonight to hopefully help!

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

but...as well as later, peak will be lower and for longer...which I guess is what was planned for.

I wonder if we'll see different restrictions lifted in different parts of the country, i.e. london first...there may be quite a bit of anger if they do that.

I reckon it will be a phased removal, probably by job sector like Spain’s done by letting some manufacturing restart.

If anything London would be last owing to the population density if we did it by region.

I got absolutely crucified elsewhere for suggesting we extend the lockdown for the over 60’s as they’re most likely to die from it. Apparently that’s not fair, even though they’re the highest risk and the biggest drain on the nhs. 

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

In germany

Shops open from Monday

Schools back may 4th

Ban on bigger events til the 31st of August in Germany (1000 seen as big events)

Well that’s that then...changing my Glasto flight to Berlin and heading for RATM at lollapalooza!