lazzareo

Glastonbury 2021 - Which of the current confirmed and tbc's from 2020 do you think will roll over to 2021?

I think Diana Ross was a once in a life time booking. Just due to her age and general awkwardness around travelling.. I unfortunately don’t think we’ll ever see her ‘Coming Out’ on the pyramid.

Really hope we see Kendrick, Anderson Paak, and then all of the older acts like Lightning seeds, The specials, happy Monday’s, skunk anasie carry over.

May even see a few acts confirm themselves in the aftermath of this, vowing to come and play. 

They've all been offered as far as I know, well 'main stages'. Guess it just depends who wants to commit and who already has other plans

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Might as well get Mik Artistik added as well :lol:

Doh!

added Beans too. 

I would quite like to see what their full lineup was. I wonder if that’ll ever drop or leak, would be extremely interesting; also quite gutting.

Just hope Taylor comes back. Seeing her on the Pyramid was just the most excited I've ever been for a show. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Just hope Taylor comes back. Seeing her on the Pyramid was just the most excited I've ever been for a show. 

Yep. My feeling is she will be there. With a bang. At least I hope.

Completely guessing but I think all headliners could be in doubt. Taylor/Kendrick could easily have stuff penciled in for next year and I'm not sure McCartney is committing 15 months in advance. But who knows at this point

Given that so many acts are having to postpone / cancel tours it wouldn't surprise me if they manage to keep a good chunk of the lineup. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Me too!

I reckon Taylor will be there - she may have stuff pencilled in, but nothing so important that she would miss her Glasto slot.  She knows the significance of Glasto and it is her time to do it.

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Completely guessing but I think all headliners could be in doubt. Taylor/Kendrick could easily have stuff penciled in for next year and I'm not sure McCartney is committing 15 months in advance. But who knows at this point

Did they already have 2021 headliners booked?  If so, that would potentially rule 2020 headliners out.

Just now, lazzareo said:

Did they already have 2021 headliners booked?  If so, that would potentially rule 2020 headliners out.

No idea tbh, I think Emily mentioned something but surely it'd be verbal agreements at this point

Everyone's plans for 2021 are gonna be up in the air, whether it's someone cancelling 2020 and rescheduling or someone planning to begin touring in 2021. It's going to be pretty crazy if the world is nearing normality by that point. 

Lana Del Rey.

Had to cancel her European tour in February due to illness, Primavera most likely cancelled / postponed and now Glastonbury cancelled. I reckon she will want come to Europe next year and I hope Glastonbury is top of her list :)

5 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Given that so many acts are having to postpone / cancel tours it wouldn't surprise me if they manage to keep a good chunk of the lineup. 

This is my thinking too. There are likely to be widespread cancellations so I can imagine a lot of artists will just be moving their dates to next year. 

One of the issues may be artists which have already been booked for 2021 headline slots. If George Ezra usurps Taylor Swift I'm gonna riot.

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

No idea tbh, I think Emily mentioned something but surely it'd be verbal agreements at this point

Yea she said verbal agreements but nothing signed, that was at the nme awards I believe.

What I hope we see is the erosion of exclusive bookings and no festivals booking acts on exclusive. I hope that no promoters are trying to secure artists down exclusively.

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

If George Ezra usurps Taylor Swift I'm gonna riot.

That is an awful thought

I would be right with you

I imagine out of the headliners, Macca and Swift will roll over not sure on Kendrick. I imagine we'll see some of the smaller acts who are at the start of their promotion cycles roll over too.