Glastonbury 2021 - Which of the current confirmed and tbc's from 2020 do you think will roll over to 2021?

The Other Steve

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wonder if Arctic Monkeys would happily delay till 2022. They’ve already got their own big shows lined up for 2021, so I don’t think it’s make or break for them to play.

I imagine so. I also think they'll be number 1 in line, should any of the current three drop out

I wonder if, in the case where they bring a significant amount of the 2020 line up forward, they'll change their approach to announcements? Might we see more regular individual act announcements, pre poster, of 2020 acts. Would seem weird to hold out for the poster in the normal way if a large enough chunk of the acts have already been announced previously

3 hours ago, circus92 said:

I reckon Taylor will be there - she may have stuff pencilled in, but nothing so important that she would miss her Glasto slot.  She knows the significance of Glasto and it is her time to do it.

She doesn't need Glastonbury though, I'm sure she was ticking it off as was around 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m sure Macca is the one they’re really gunning to get back considering it’s very much a now or never deal with him. Hopefully he reschedules the rest of his surrounding tour for next year too and is keen to do it. What a fucker it would be if we lost out on him entirely due to this.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Arctic Monkeys/Macca/Swifty

It's a likely guess atm but I honestly think you could put The 1975 in where either Macca or Swift are, if BST if off then I think they might be lucky.

1 hour ago, whitewinston said:

Really hoping Dua Lipa keeps her headline slot for the Other Stage.

I hope this changes that.

Just now, Tranquility of Solitude said:

There’s an argument that any artist big enough to headline doesn’t need it. I’d suggest most want it at least once. Can’t see Swifty getting to the end of career without ticking it off at least once.

But she won't have to do it next year, she's still very young.

10 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Which artists on the current line up will have new material out? Anticipated set lists could change quite a bit as well.

London Grammar! They haven’t even announced their new album yet but it must be coming if they were accepting a bunch of festival slots.

They have to have all 3 headliners return, best thing to do. Im sure they have been in discussions already and that wont be done for a while. They have a tremendous head start as it is. Theres have been other postponements today and seems that everyone is ensuring that the top or sorted. That should be the same case here. I know its slightly “boring” but they want to give us the 50th, and this is what they had ready. 

somebody should photoshop the current poster with the names that end up staying for 2021. Saw one done for Coachella and that ones far from done.

Edited by Suprefan

I think it very likely that Taylor will be available for 2021. She already explained that her reasoning for a pared down schedule this summer was due to her Mom's health issues, so I doubt she will have made big plans for next summer for the same reason.

Also, I think it's safe to presume she "gets" Glastonbury, likely thanks to Ed and her boyfriend, and it sounds like she has a great relationship with the Eavis family.

7 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I think it very likely that Taylor will be available for 2021. She already explained that her reasoning for a pared down schedule this summer was due to her Mom's health issues, so I doubt she will have made big plans for next summer for the same reason.

Also, I think it's safe to presume she "gets" Glastonbury, likely thanks to Ed and her boyfriend, and it sounds like she has a great relationship with the Eavis family.

Hope you are right - it would be awesome if they confirmed that she is still playing ASAP as it would be nice to have some certainty after all the doubt of recent weeks.  I am sure they have already discussed it with her.

15 hours ago, Matt42 said:

What I hope we see is the erosion of exclusive bookings and no festivals booking acts on exclusive. I hope that no promoters are trying to secure artists down exclusively.

I think there will be fewer festivals next year, whether that means more or less exclusively I don’t know.

15 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’m not confident Macca will return but I feel Kendrick and Taylor will.

Kendrick Lamar, Arctic Monkeys, Taylor Swift is my shout.

Maybe they could twist some arms and get George Ezra to sub again or headline other stage. 

Well that’s a come down.

10 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I would say her plan after the Euro fests, glasto and the limited U.S.  shows was to do the major U.S. festival circuit next year since it is so spread out. Now it might just span all year and there will be some specialness lost, but thats how it goes.

17 hours ago, eFestivals said:

but presumably they'd be fulfilling this year's shows on the same contractual terms - which would mean exclusive for R/L.

Wasn't one of the things fueling silly Rage secret set nonsense the fact that they weren't mentioned as exclusives for R/L despite that being their only announced UK date?

I think part of this depends on if all the other June and July festivals are cancelled. I think there's a small chance that events like NOS and Mad Cool could still happen - they require much less set up than Glastonbury and they can probably wait a bit longer before deciding. If it turns out a number of the events happen, and you make a big assumption that the artists don't pull out, then it might not be automatic that most of the acts will just tour next year instead. E.g. If Kenny can still do a few of the festivals he might just do an arena tour in the winter to make up the lost dates and that's it.

All that being said I can't currently see how festivals in June and July go ahead, but they may hold off a lot longer to cancel since Glastonbury is unique in that it takes forever to build the thing so who knows? Perhaps a load of the others postpone until September and largely keep the same lineups?

On a separate note I'd be really surprised if Taylor doesn't soon pull the plug on her whole tour tbh given her mother's health. Really struggling to see her play any of the current dates even if the situation has improved somewhat by then. And rightly so, honestly.

Edited by jparx