2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

Just now, Nick07 said:

This is why I do't trust the Government as they could u turn at anytime. 

If they eased things sensibly then you could understand it but they aren't. On August 19th, numbers will be a lot higher so they could just decide to ban things like festivals. 

Thats possible sure. We've delayed indoor dining and indoor pubs here in Ireland for at least 3 weeks. Measures which a lot of people thought were harsh. The opposite of what Bojo is doing baically so itll be inerestig to see how this plays out over the next month. 

All about hospitalisations and deaths isnt it? Big few weeks in late July/early August for EOTR. Our medieval standard hospital capacity cant handle a modest rise in cases but the NHS is far better equipped. 

I don't see them doing a u-turn. They've never followed the science. This is driven by commerce. They did a u-turn over the June date and got hammered by their internal and external cronies/supporters/funders. Johnson has done what I expected him to do: give in to those pulling his strings, and by passing the onus for "responsible behaviour" to the general public, he can blame them as and when it all goes wrong. 

I personally don't feel any inherent risk in attending a festival, especially not one of this size. Additionally, regardless of my personal ache for EOTR to happen, it's rather hard to begrudge any artists and the infrastructure that supports them the right to play and get some income after the year they've had. 

3 hours ago, simoneng_1983 said:

Very eager for the day splits to come out.

It's a bit odd coaches can't be booked yet. Has anyone done the train to the festival from Brighton/London before?

Train is easy, with shuttles from Salisbury. Best to pre-book one though to avoid a bit of a wait, IIRC.

Looks like Covid passports for businesses and large events might be back on the cards, according to Javid's announcement to MP's just now. The difference is that this is now an advisory rather than a legal requirement. I kind of hope EOTR do choose to use it as an extra precaution, it could reduce some anxiety for people.

Edited by paulwa

2 hours ago, paulwa said:

Looks like Covid passports for businesses and large events might be back on the cards, according to Javid's announcement to MP's just now. The difference is that this is now an advisory rather than a legal requirement. I kind of hope EOTR do choose to use it as an extra precaution, it could reduce some anxiety for people.

Personally I don't mind either way as long as being vaccinated definitely counts (I got my second after 30 days to avoid this with the Latitude test event). Having to get a negative test such a short period before would throw me into panic to the point where I'm not sure the whole thing would be worth it. I'm also more anxious about being in crowds of people again than if they have the virus. 

EotR did ask for T&T details a few weeks back, so they might already be prepared for this. 

Edited by JHad

21 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

The advice from the Government is so unclear and cases going up each day. 

Holland saw a 800% rise when they opened nightclubs so it will touch and go. 

Yes but vaccination rates are lower (55% first dose Vs 87% first dose). 

I personally don't think hospitalisation will rise high enough to reverse the decision.

That being said, I won't personally risk nightclubs etc., and will only be interested in live music 2 weeks after second dose. I will essentially isolate 10 days before the festival to avoid catching covid and missing EOTR!

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I hope they ask for a test or proof of vaccination. Small price to pay for four days of festivaling…

I hope they don't, it's a bureaucratic nightmare trying to get the IOM NHS data stream to talk to the UK NHS ap, that I don't think they'll solve before September. 

There were an awful lot of positive cases from a Dutch festival recently. And they had a testing or vaccination requirement.

Would have been many more without this.

It’s surely safer for *eveyone* to have this in place.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

I know eotr have some connection with Vida festival, in Vilanova, just south of Barcelona. They had eotr dj's play a couple of years ago.

Well, Vida went ahead just a couple of weeks ago and they had a company who did a covid test as you entered and the results were sent immediately to your phone. Anyone who was positive was sent home but given a full refund and invited for free to the following years festival. Maybe eotr will do the same?

However, with the UK opening up on the 19th July, but with cases on a massive rise (especially among the 18-30's) who knows what might happen between now and the festival. I find it odd that tickets for resale are not allowed on Twickets yet (of which  have one as I won't be travelling from here in Spain) and things like coach reservation are also not open. Maybe they still have doubts about going ahead? I hope not but who knows?

This will be only the 2nd eotr i will have missed since it started, so anyone who is going, have a great time! 🙂

37 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

My guess is there will be no checks, but that the tent stages will be opened up or changed somehow. We will have to wait and see 😳

Hope they announce the comedy etc soon.

Taking the sides off the Big Top and Tipi is the sensible thing to do, if technically possible. I won't be going in there without it, even though double jabbed. They may have difficulty swapping the Big Top for an open stage, because the noise is heard at the other stages in the day and in the camping areas late at night.

1 minute ago, LonesomeDrifter said:

I know eotr have some connection with Vida festival, in Vilanova, just south of Barcelona. They had eotr dj's play a couple of years ago.

Well, Vida went ahead just a couple of weeks ago and they had a company who did a covid test as you entered and the results were sent immediately to your phone. Anyone who was positive was sent home but given a full refund and invited for free to the following years festival. Maybe eotr will do the same?

However, with the UK opening up on the 19th July, but with cases on a massive rise (especially among the 18-30's) who knows what might happen between now and the festival. I find it odd that tickets for resale are not allowed on Twickets yet (of which  have one as I won't be travelling from here in Spain) and things like coach reservation are also not open. Maybe they still have doubts about going ahead? I hope not but who knows?

This will be only the 2nd eotr i will have missed since it started, so anyone who is going, have a great time! 🙂

What you suggest is extremely sensible but I doubt they’ll have on-site testing. 

Imagine if you haven’t been vaccinated, you’ll need to get a test done before, same as going to the airport.

It would only be fair to offer a ticket to next year for those who test positive.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

What you suggest is extremely sensible but I doubt they’ll have on-site testing. 

Imagine if you haven’t been vaccinated, you’ll need to get a test done before, same as going to the airport.

It would only be fair to offer a ticket to next year for those who test positive.

After some initial issues on the first day, they were testing 1500 people an hour and my friends who went said it was super quick and also made for a great festival atmosphere, as everyone felt more at ease. 

I believe some people have tested positive after the festival so it's not completely fool proof but saying that, Covid cases here in Catalonia are higher than it's ever been since the pandemic began, by a HUGE amount. It's out of control.