2020 New Music

dentalplan

Finally a new Osees EP. It is only 3 songs but it is 41 minutes so plenty to have at. The second track is called Don't Blow Your Mind and proceeds to spend 13 minutes attempting to. Needs a louder play tomorrow but initial thoughts are it's totally rad.

https://ohsees.bandcamp.com/album/weirdo-hairdo?fbclid=IwAR0OpVM1wM8mWGfKZwBtrGx0goQWmtYLLlxK53cPZhEkyvt0Ky5cwVWhzx4

9 hours ago, priest17 said:

Finally a new Osees EP. It is only 3 songs but it is 41 minutes so plenty to have at. The second track is called Don't Blow Your Mind and proceeds to spend 13 minutes attempting to. Needs a louder play tomorrow but initial thoughts are it's totally rad.

https://ohsees.bandcamp.com/album/weirdo-hairdo?fbclid=IwAR0OpVM1wM8mWGfKZwBtrGx0goQWmtYLLlxK53cPZhEkyvt0Ky5cwVWhzx4

That's great. I thought Panther Rotate was too much like hard work but this is a bit more accessible.

28 minutes ago, Copperface said:

That's great. I thought Panther Rotate was too much like hard work but this is a bit more accessible.

to their credit, for a band not renowned for dramatically changing up their sound its been great how different the 4 releases we've had these last few months have been and how they've all held up and covered all bases of what you might want (I think Protean Threat still wins out for my personal taste). 

That's before you throw in the stellar live album and other Dwyer releases. They're doing a live stream on Sunday doing some super deep dives and stuff they've never played live before which I think will be interesting again and will probably sound like new stuff with the current incarnation.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

to their credit, for a band not renowned for dramatically changing up their sound its been great how different the 4 releases we've had these last few months have been and how they've all held up and covered all bases of what you might want (I think Protean Threat still wins out for my personal taste). 

That's before you throw in the stellar live album and other Dwyer releases. They're doing a live stream on Sunday doing some super deep dives and stuff they've never played live before which I think will be interesting again and will probably sound like new stuff with the current incarnation.

I was mesmerised when I saw them at EOTR a couple of years ago, just brilliant live, and that was coming off the back of Smote Reverser.

However, they are playing havoc with my digital streaming collection - how do you index this lot:

Thee Oh SeesOh Sees, Ohsees, Osees, The Oh Sees, The Ohsees, Thee Oh See's, Thee Ohsees plus all the Dwyer solo and collab stuff. like the Brigid Dawson album he did.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I was mesmerised when I saw them at EOTR a couple of years ago, just brilliant live, and that was coming off the back of Smote Reverser.

However, they are playing havoc with my digital streaming collection - how do you index this lot:

Thee Oh SeesOh Sees, Ohsees, Osees, The Oh Sees, The Ohsees, Thee Oh See's, Thee Ohsees plus all the Dwyer solo and collab stuff. like the Brigid Dawson album he did.

You forgot OCS you filthy casual

11 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Yes I keep meaning to explore them but when I see all these names I always wonder are they the same or different bands and I usually give up. 

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Totally not what I expected from this crossover. Vboys seem determined to keep us guessing on the new album.

Love that. Only just twigged that that is Amy Taylor from Amyl and the Sniffers as well.....

I’ve yet to finish it yet because it’s roughly ten hours long but my initial review of the new Eminem album is that it’s very very shit, and I went in to it with zero expectations. Seems he’s decided that rapping very fast and tongue twisters is his go-to thing exclusively now and the lyrics and songs themselves are an afterthought, and boy are there some stinker lyrics and songs, even for Eminem.

A taster lyric:

You heard of Kris Kristofferson? Well I’m Piss Pissedofferson”.