2020 New Music

dentalplan

These released a great EP last year and have been getting some decent traction in Manchester, new song out today (although first played on 6Music the other night) and its great. Gotta love the Stella branding (they played YES Basement and sold their tickets as 4packs for a while ago, I'm all for it) (that show never went ahead, event is here)

Edited by priest17

Expecting a Prince Fatty EP through the door today

The new Late Night Tales by Khruangbin is out today so will be spending some time with that over the weekend

Someone on here recommended the Tunng - Dead Club which I have been enjoying

also Julianna Barwick - Healing is a Miracle. What a wonderful LP that is. Loving it. Need to find sometime to sit back and give it a proper listen

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Any other albums of note coming out this year? 

Or can I just do my AOTY list now?

Avalanches and Macca next week. I'm not expecting Paul to creep into the top 10 but I've got cautiously high hopes for Avalanches, some of the singles have been top (I loved Wildflower though and that was met with muted response I guess)

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

Was waiting for delivery of Arctic Monkeys live album today. Postman normally comes about 11. Waited till 2:15 & decided he wasn't coming. Popped out to the shop & came home to a 'while you were out' card. BOLLOCKS! Won't get it until Monday now.

Has anyone heard it?

Went to the shop this afternoon, planning to listen it right after finishing skinshape. Was not familiar with him and it popped out on my radar today. Really nice, some warm music folky-groovy-acoustic

https://youtu.be/PYbBkymg_Ws

Edited by Schinfler

Debut solo album from Tom Sanders of Teleman just out last week. It's...odd.  If you like Teleman's quieter stuff it might work for you, personally I do so I've really enjoyed it.  Best way I can describe it is to say that it's got a really woozy, dreamlike feeling to it. 

My only worry is that this might be the beginning of the end for Teleman as a band. Jonny left a few months ago, Tom's released this and Hiro released an EP about the same time. Maybe all going in different directions now.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Debut solo album from Tom Sanders of Teleman just out last week. It's...odd.  If you like Teleman's quieter stuff it might work for you, personally I do so I've really enjoyed it.  Best way I can describe it is to say that it's got a really woozy, dreamlike feeling to it. 

My only worry is that this might be the beginning of the end for Teleman as a band. Jonny left a few months ago, Tom's released this and Hiro released an EP about the same time. Maybe all going in different directions now.

I'd missed that one, cheers. Hope Teleman stay as an entity. Been a great fan but never managed to catch them live yet.