2021 Headliners

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What are RATM's movements next year?

I was thinking this earlier. They'll be locked into Leeds/ Reading wont they? Has any headliner ever played both Glasto and Reading in the same summer? 

Edit - Seen the above comments now. 

Edited by kemosabe

What about somebody like Justin Timberlake. Doesn’t need to have an album out and has a deep enough catalog with enough hits. Future/Sex turns 15 next year and he could book a BST date. Can easily turn in a solid 90 min set without any slow spots. Maybe he could get Jay Z as a guest, unless everyone felt mandated N’Sync turn up.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

What about somebody like Justin Timberlake. Doesn’t need to have an album out and has a deep enough catalog with enough hits. Future/Sex turns 15 next year and he could book a BST date. Can easily turn in a solid 90 min set without any slow spots. Maybe he could get Jay Z as a guest, unless everyone felt mandated N’Sync turn up.

I’d love it but he seems to be quite hard to pin down at the moment. Haven’t Coachella been trying to get him for years?

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

No signs of touring as far as we know, but it’s still early days so whilst I’m not necessarily expecting him to play, there’s still time for other acts to announce tours etc.

Is looking a little worrying judging by other festivals lineups coming together, mind. Glastonbury managed to get the cream of the crop for this year headliner wise, whereas now there doesn’t seem to be much on that same level (for my personal taste, anyway).

11 hours ago, 01seb said:

2021: Gaga/Macca/Muse

2022: 1975/Kendrick/Swift 

Why muse no album in the pipe work will be a bad booking

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I personally think Ezra is for 2022 myself and it’s definitely the 1975’s time to do it. I’m just making sure we don’t get too complacent and stop talking about Ezra just in case there is a sneak attack :P 

Is Ezra really anywhere close to the 1975. Think he is a crowd pleaser but too early in his career for a headliner 

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The buzz around The 1975 seems to have died down a little. They’re still headliner material for sure but they’re not as omnipresent as they were a couple of years ago. If they get the nod so be it, hard to argue against it.

Ezra will be purely down to whether he can get an album and tour ready for next year. Just a hunch but I reckon he, and a few others, will wait until 22. 

Really... did you see their reading headlining slot. It was huge 

9 hours ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Their Reading headliner set was more than enough for me to confirm they are strong headliner material

True true

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah they both flopped but Tame Impala won’t even get the critical salvation that Melodrama did.

It did fine for a band of their size maybe, but for an act supposedly punching for headline slots it hit well below what’s needed.

Melodrama is really popular among people my age (25) really don’t think it flopped

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’d love it but he seems to be quite hard to pin down at the moment. Haven’t Coachella been trying to get him for years?

Coachella had him twice, but life seems to just get in the way. He was booked for 2018 and then Beyonce had to postpone because of her pregnancy  so he pushed his appearance to 2019. ( had a huge tour gap to support the booking too ) Then he had to postpone shows because he lost his voice and the reschedules ended up overlapping with Coachella. Thats how they ended up with Tame Impala last year. As Ariana replaced Kanye backing out at the literal 11th hour. The thumb in the eye was Ariana having the Other 4 members of N Sync guest with her during her set.

Edited by Suprefan

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

No signs of touring as far as we know, but it’s still early days so whilst I’m not necessarily expecting him to play, there’s still time for other acts to announce tours etc.

Is looking a little worrying judging by other festivals lineups coming together, mind. Glastonbury managed to get the cream of the crop for this year headliner wise, whereas now there doesn’t seem to be much on that same level (for my personal taste, anyway).

Ok.... someone must be able to pull together all the headliners from lineups released so far.  I appreciate I could but it’s so much hard work and I’m tired.