Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

7 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

To have those same tests done under the influence must have massive beneficial effects for those studying neuro sciences. 

I should imagine those kind of experiments have been done already.

As an aside, there would appear to be an ongoing wave of research etc in to using very small amounts of acid to relieve depression - or so I am told, anyway. I can see that it would work, but I guess it's the percentage success rate that's important. 

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I should imagine those kind of experiments have been done already.

As an aside, there would appear to be an ongoing wave of research etc in to using very small amounts of acid to relieve depression - or so I am told, anyway. I can see that it would work, but I guess it's the percentage success rate that's important. 

I am very willing to donate my brain to research especially when it comes to dealing with epilepsy and the effects of brain tumours. If people can benefit from the workings of my grey matter then I know I’ve made a difference. 

14 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I am very willing to donate my brain to research especially when it comes to dealing with epilepsy and the effects of brain tumours. If people can benefit from the workings of my grey matter then I know I’ve made a difference. 

That's very commendable stuff squirrelarmy. I guess that i would also allow researchers to delve in to the activity of what is laughingly referred  to as my brain! However, this covid stuff would have to be out of the way before I go in to any hospital environment in a voluntary capacity.

As an aside, I used to take shed loads of Mcat. What both myself and my wife noticed when taking it was that our prior (huge) consumption of alcohol was dramatically reduced when taking it. I actually emailed professor David Nutt (the ex Government drugs Zsar) about it, only to find out later that he was already looking in to this area as a method of helping alcoholics. I even sent him £50 towards his research, as it was all being privately funded.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:51 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You know that I said that I wouldn't take acid again, a little while back in this thread. Well, I lied. Just found a half a tab that I'd lost many moons ago, so thought 'fuck it' and took it. I don't suppose it'll do much anyway, but hey ho if it does.

How’d it go then? Good night? 

1 minute ago, semmtexx said:

How’d it go then? Good night? 

Hello semmtexx,

It was an OK night only, really. Well, it was in comparison to the fun I'm having tonight, so far. 

I've just realised that I'm out of drink. Will have to dash to rectify this situation. All is very good though. Hope that it is at your end too. :)

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello semmtexx,

It was an OK night only, really. Well, it was in comparison to the fun I'm having tonight, so far. 

I've just realised that I'm out of drink. Will have to dash to rectify this situation. All is very good though. Hope that it is at your end too. :)

Evening Yog. Sorry to hear it was only an ok night. I’d imagine nights your end, fuelled by acid, would be pretty big!! 

Wont hold you up as it’s bad to be out when you fancy a drink!

Wonder what you're  getting?? Gin and tonic? Crisp white? Roundy red? Big night planned?

Very well here btw - thanks for asking! Though it's pretty rainy. Upside is I love the noise when I'm dry indoors!

Edited by semmtexx

12 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Evening Yog. Sorry to hear it was only an ok night. I’d imagine nights your end, fuelled by acid, would be pretty big!! 

Wont hold you up as it’s bad to be out when you fancy a drink!

Wonder what you're  getting?? Gin and tonic? Crisp white? Roundy red? Big night planned?

Very well here btw - thanks for asking! Though it's pretty rainy. Upside is I love the noise when I'm dry indoors!

I didn't get to the Tesco garage, to get what would have been 1L of gin. I remembered that there was a pint of G & T in the kitchen, and a few bits left in two bottles, so decided not to go out. I've had my first proper bit of a smoke in a long time, so am quite happy.

I think that I've re-confirmed to myself that I don't want acid again. I obviously needed that further education. It really wasn't a bad night, but it wasn't great. This is the night I've been wanting for a fair while.

Glad to hear that you're fine too.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

That was fast. Love Viz comic and have an archive (and it is an archive and I'm not hoarding, (ask @Pinhead)

How so fast with that reply? Do you have an archive saved or was that a quick google image search? (as I now know you're not shilling for them)

It was a quick Google image search, but I knew of the images existence beforehand, and for quite some time too. 

Cba reading this thread seems like people post a lot of words i honestly thought it was a thread for people who were leathered to express that. I am fucking leathered. Up the rovers, ra, corbyn, environment good lads n Lasses all over the world. Down with the Burnley, tories, starmer, people who think running is fun.

2020 tooralooralaaa

4 cans of cider 

Cans of cider..... 

Never before has this been the case.. So for all you young people who have young people who children.. This WILL happen to you..... So take note... Peace and hot coffee with vodka kaula and dizzy rascal.. Pint of.. On second pint.. Watching fools on boats top gear.. Yum yum 

4 hours ago, st dan said:

A realisation I have every Christmas - but my word isn’t Port just fantastic. Gonna order a pint of it when the pubs reopen. 

Hello st dan,

Now I'd simply love to be a fly on the wall when you order, receive, and drink a pint of port in the pub. Talk about somebody once and for all taking the heat of me for a change!

Carry on ............................  Regardless!

Happy Xmas. 

• Upvote 1