Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

55 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Will that APE day rule out The Wombats? It's going to be Gerry isn't it...

Wouldn't completely rule out Royal Blood (though it would be a slight change in direction from the previous headliners but not too unlikely imo). Gerry is playing Ally Pally over the summer but thats sold out so still possible but Im not convinced they'd have him back so soon (could definitely see it next year). With so many names ruled out Im starting to think the announcement is quite late because they just have no idea who they're gonna get to headline. Gonna be something shite like Kaiser Chiefs at this rate...

6 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Wouldn't completely rule out Royal Blood (though it would be a slight change in direction from the previous headliners but not too unlikely imo). Gerry is playing Ally Pally over the summer but thats sold out so still possible but Im not convinced they'd have him back so soon (could definitely see it next year). With so many names ruled out Im starting to think the announcement is quite late because they just have no idea who they're gonna get to headline. Gonna be something shite like Kaiser Chiefs at this rate...

Would be very happy with Royal Blood. Could Biffy be in contention for this maybe? Another change in direction like you mentioned but seems strange that they're nowhere other than Big Weekend with all the new album hype they're putting out at the moment. 

TDCC doing Tourist History in full would be my guess.

Just now, mttJ said:

Would be very happy with Royal Blood. Could Biffy be in contention for this maybe? Another change in direction like you mentioned but seems strange that they're nowhere other than Big Weekend with all the new album hype they're putting out at the moment. 

Not sure Two Door will be back so soon. Biffy tbh are probably a bit too big (then again Royal Blood probably are too). Feel like whoever it is will end up being quite left field because I'm struggling to think of somebody who actually could do it.

24 minutes ago, syc1818 said:

What's the curfew on Finsbury events? Seeing if I can make it to the 1975 and watch the whole set and get back on train.. considering latest I can leave Finsbury park station is 22:57

24 minutes ago, syc1818 said:

What's the curfew on Finsbury events? Seeing if I can make it to the 1975 and watch the whole set and get back on train.. considering latest I can leave Finsbury park station is 22:57

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-open-spaces/events-and-activities/events-parks/large-and-major-events/2020-finsbury-park-festivals

Looking through some playlists to try and see if any names havent been ruled out yet. Could they give The Vaccines the boost up? Subbed two years ago but probably aren't too much smaller than the previous headliners. Wolf Alice maybe? Any chance of a Jamie T comeback and being pushed straight to headline? At this point I'm pretty sure the headliner is going to be smaller than they would like, but the undercards have always been very strong so hopefully that won't matter 

24 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Looking through some playlists to try and see if any names havent been ruled out yet. Could they give The Vaccines the boost up? Subbed two years ago but probably aren't too much smaller than the previous headliners. Wolf Alice maybe? 

I think that APE day has made thing interesting. They are pitching the same sort of groups but not so much new artists at the moment and for the same sort of price.

I think you could be on to something with Wolf Alice. They are not playing The 1975 day which has plenty of Dirty Hit artists and you would have thought they would be the main sub on that bill. Leaving them off makes sense if they were headlining Community and could be a reason to delay announcing the Community lineup if they are headliners. I'm only playing along with the idea as I am not in the know but I think you made a good call there.

The Vaccines are another good call. I did think The Libertines but now I think they could also end up at APE.

Royal Blood will defo play either Friday or Saturday with all the indie festivals they're doing this year. I also think Frank Carter will be on their undercard. Such a shame cos I'm out of the country :(

Can see The Libertines with a strong 00s undercard (Bloc Party, Raconteurs, Interpol?) for the remaining day.

21 hours ago, mttJ said:

What about stereophonics