Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

As it’s been a few months after Community, i was wondering if anyone had any predictions for potential headliners/acts for next year??

It feels like community has consistently stayed focused on the big new indie bands since 2017 with the likes of Catfish and the Bottlemen, Two door, the Kooks, The Wombats and The Vaccines playing. I have a feeling next year they could either stray from that path a bit and choose a slightly different headliner like vampire weekend/Jamie T/bloc party or they could bring back previous big bands who’ve played lower down on the lineup. I could definitely see The Wombats coming back for the headliner slot (considering they most likely won’t play reading again next year). 

Alsoo in terms of the sub-headliner position, if he keep growing at the rate he’s growing, I could see sam fender making a return to the festival after playing on the N4 stage in 2018. (As well as that, I hope they can also drop a nice surprise act in the line up next year > someone like Lily Allen would be fun)

Drop ur thoughts below, i’d love to discuss!

7FE6D110-814B-4132-B1D7-AB608920C16C.thumb.png.3505438616ce241e298a538244f39f64.png

Thought your effort above was the real thing and was about to send it to my partner and say how good it was, haha. If it’s anything like the above I’ll definitely go. Feel like Vampire Weekend might do R&L instead though as they were over in the UK in June this summer. Jamie T would be a good shout if he’s releasing new stuff though, could even see Wombats headlining it as they seem to sell tickets and always get a big crowd at festivals if they’re still touring. If Foals don’t headline Glasto or R&L I could see them headlining.

18 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'd have thought The Wombats might take a bit of a time out as they've been active for quite some time now.

They're doing side projects right now but the next album is being started on. I reckon maybe this year off for the main band

On 10/25/2019 at 5:25 PM, foolee said:

Thought your effort above was the real thing and was about to send it to my partner and say how good it was, haha. If it’s anything like the above I’ll definitely go. Feel like Vampire Weekend might do R&L instead though as they were over in the UK in June this summer. Jamie T would be a good shout if he’s releasing new stuff though, could even see Wombats headlining it as they seem to sell tickets and always get a big crowd at festivals if they’re still touring. If Foals don’t headline Glasto or R&L I could see them headlining.

Haha glad it looks realistic ? Thinking about it now i’d probably have to agree with you regarding vampire weekend. As long as they play a uk festival next year i’ll be happy! And a foals headliner would also be a dream!

Wombats are a solid safe booking that fits the trends of the last 3 years, would be very happy with that.

Are Courteeners as big as Kooks in the South? Reckon they're in with a chance of headlining on the new album. 

Foals looks unlikely given their tour dates, VW would be sick but think it will be a British act based on all previous lineups. 

Wolf Alice are doing Glasto but reckon they could sub main stage.

The Wombats supported in 2017, surely they wouldn't jump to headliner now? Or did their latest album make a big enough splash with a younger audience to give them that boost because I was under the impression it was not well received and/or missed the mark with the people who were listening to them back in day.

3 hours ago, Slugy said:

The Wombats supported in 2017, surely they wouldn't jump to headliner now? Or did their latest album make a big enough splash with a younger audience to give them that boost because I was under the impression it was not well received and/or missed the mark with the people who were listening to them back in day.

They have only got bigger to be honest, they are playing shows the same size as Catfish did when they first headlined it. I think it wouldn't be that crazy for them to headline.

13 hours ago, R Shah said:

Wombats are a solid safe booking that fits the trends of the last 3 years, would be very happy with that.

Are Courteeners as big as Kooks in the South? Reckon they're in with a chance of headlining on the new album. 

Foals looks unlikely given their tour dates, VW would be sick but think it will be a British act based on all previous lineups. 

Wolf Alice are doing Glasto but reckon they could sub main stage.

Courteeners can't headline down here - nobody really cares about them that much would need a strong undercard with acts like DMAs etc to get the manchester crowd in I reckon

30 minutes ago, gfa said:

They have only got bigger to be honest, they are playing shows the same size as Catfish did when they first headlined it. I think it wouldn't be that crazy for them to headline.

Courteeners can't headline down here - nobody really cares about them that much would need a strong undercard with acts like DMAs etc to get the manchester crowd in I reckon

There last gig in London was Ally Pally and I assume they sold it out, suppose I have no way of judging these things other than on here and word of mouth. its just the idea of The Wombats headlining festival is strange to me (I do like them btw) and that is just the age we are in now. I felt the same way about The Kooks and still do not believe they are big enough to headline but that is the point of a strong under card I guess.

5 hours ago, Slugy said:

There last gig in London was Ally Pally and I assume they sold it out, suppose I have no way of judging these things other than on here and word of mouth. its just the idea of The Wombats headlining festival is strange to me (I do like them btw) and that is just the age we are in now. I felt the same way about The Kooks and still do not believe they are big enough to headline but that is the point of a strong under card I guess.

SSE actually earlier this year ;) Kooks was the busiest Community yet it seemed to me honestly, could have been helped by Gerry though who got people in the doors much earlier than the other two years.

12 hours ago, gfa said:

SSE actually earlier this year ;) Kooks was the busiest Community yet it seemed to me honestly, could have been helped by Gerry though who got people in the doors much earlier than the other two years.

They smashed Wembley? Consider my finger firmly off the pulse. Alot of my friends went just for Blossoms, which was my intention but I just knew I would struggle to get into The Kooks so I gave it a miss. What time was Gerry on?

On 10/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, Slugy said:

https://www.seetickets.com/event/courteeners/olympia/1424106

On 10/29/2019 at 7:45 AM, Slugy said:

They smashed Wembley? Consider my finger firmly off the pulse. Alot of my friends went just for Blossoms, which was my intention but I just knew I would struggle to get into The Kooks so I gave it a miss. What time was Gerry on?

about 3 maybe

On 10/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, DomDom1984 said:

The Wombats haven't exactly gotten much bigger. Their crowd at TRNSMT was hilariously shit. Especially given the crowd that turned up half an hour later for The Kooks.

They went up a place on Reading's main stage with this album. Huge crowds both times, the former of which I believe they had a more sizeable crowd than Kooooooooks. I think this is more applicable to Community as it's geographically closer and pointed at the same people.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

Isn't there usually two or three days at Finsbury anyways? 

They did it during the year when it wasn't the same weekend as glastonbury but not this year. Really doubt that will happen honestly with it being the same weekend as Glastonbury unless its like an extension to Wireless. Would like to see it move to the saturday it wasn't even dark really when the kooks ended this year (9.30 if that)