Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

Quick little prediction for fun because I'm bored lmao

The Libertines//Wolf Alice//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Miles Kane//Peace//Mystery Jets//Night Cafe//Jade Bird

Declan McKenna//The Japanese House//The Magic Gang

Courteeners, Bombay Bicycle Club or Royal Blood could also headline imo. Sam Fender, CHVRCHES or maybe someone unexpected like Franz Ferdinand could sub too. Wolf Alice could also probably headline but have 'em as special guests like Blossoms and it's a stronger lineup.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

The Libertines//Wolf Alice//Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Miles Kane//Peace//Mystery Jets//Night Cafe//Jade Bird

That sounds like a very doable lineup. I would love to see Wolf Alice headlining or as special guest.

Good call on Night Cafe. I'm fairly sure they pulled out at the last minute this year, I seem to remember seeing signs up and so surely they will get offered a spot in 2020. 

On 12/23/2019 at 4:55 PM, TheWaters said:

Declan McKenna//The Japanese House//The Magic Gang

Courteeners, Bombay Bicycle Club or Royal Blood could also headline imo. Sam Fender, CHVRCHES or maybe someone unexpected like Franz Ferdinand could sub too. Wolf Alice could also probably headline but have 'em as special guests like Blossoms and it's a stronger lineup.

Franz killed it at sziget i'd actually love to see that!

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 6:35 PM, gfa said:

Franz killed it at sziget i'd actually love to see that!

On 12/24/2019 at 9:48 PM, TheWaters said:

Yeah they were one of the highlights for me at ynot this year too. I'm really glad they're having somewhat of a resurgence with this latest album.

I thought they were still a good live act on the Right Thoughts campaign, which was the first time I saw them, but they have taken to the new line-up very well. They were superb at Mad Cool Festival as the post-script to Arctic Monkeys.

18 minutes ago, Tom Wykes said:

How come the date was the same date as Community Festival?

there's no date for Community Festival yet, so that's probably not the date. :P 

All I know is that it was put up on a ticket site (after word from the promoters) as a KoL show - so I reckon that's what it'll be.

Official word is that the show is not confirmed, btw. It might never happen I guess, tho I think it probably will.

It would make sense to have Community & KOL concerts on the same weekend if they have the same promoter. Last year, I don't remember any other concerts the same day as Community and I am sure I would have seen the posters if there was any when I went.

However, I did not go to Community in 2018 but went to see QOTSA the day before and seem to remember Liam Gallagher playing the Friday. Fairly sure they were all under the Festival Republic/Live Nation banner. If KOL are being promoted by Festival Republic then it would make perfect sense to have them on the same weekend as Community and leave the stage up for Wireless the following weekend. If you are going to put in all that infrastructure it makes sense to maximise your profits by having 2 weekends back to back of concerts.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 1:08 PM, Dales said:

It would make sense to have Community & KOL concerts on the same weekend if they have the same promoter. Last year, I don't remember any other concerts the same day as Community and I am sure I would have seen the posters if there was any when I went.

However, I did not go to Community in 2018 but went to see QOTSA the day before and seem to remember Liam Gallagher playing the Friday. Fairly sure they were all under the Festival Republic/Live Nation banner. If KOL are being promoted by Festival Republic then it would make perfect sense to have them on the same weekend as Community and leave the stage up for Wireless the following weekend. If you are going to put in all that infrastructure it makes sense to maximise your profits by having 2 weekends back to back of concerts.

Liam/QOTSA gigs were partially because of Glastonbury's absence in 2018, but yeah totally see your point about how they should just make a full weekend out of it. Although the Community headliner would be considerably smaller I guess.

That's KOL and Green Day both doing massive outdoor shows on Glasto weekend, damn.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:26 PM, R Shah said:

That's KOL and Green Day both doing massive outdoor shows on Glasto weekend, damn.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:29 PM, Dales said:

I forgot about Green Day, that could be a very busy weekend.

Least its different days. Unlike that Saturday last year when Muse, BTS, Mumfords et all were playing big outdoor London gigs on the same day, along with the Champions League Final.

Incidentally I wonder as well if this also means one of these two could do a Glastonbury second set.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Least its different days. Unlike that Saturday last year when Muse, BTS, Mumfords et all were playing big outdoor London gigs on the same day, along with the Champions League Final.

Incidentally I wonder as well if this also means one of these two could do a Glastonbury second set.

KOL could headline Other stage/secret set, Green Day are playing Fri Sat Mon so probably not them.

When do we think a community announcement will be? End of Jan?

6 minutes ago, R Shah said:

When ever they announce, its late compared to last year. Just looked at my email receipt for last year OCT 26 2018, 18:19 PM.

If I remember rightly, they only announced Kooks & Blossoms on the first announcement and I bought the tickets almost as soon as they went on sale. So by last years standard we are well overdue some sort of announcement. I can't  remember when the previous years went on sale or there was an anouncement. 

Maybe they are scratching around for a decent sized headliner or they may be blocked from making an annoucement until later. As their tickets are fairly cheap for a London concert it probaly cuts down on the number of potential headliners available.

23 hours ago, R Shah said:

KOL could headline Other stage/secret set, Green Day are playing Fri Sat Mon so probably not them.

Yeah Green Day's schedule looks too tight to allow that. Shame - don't think they've ever done Glastonbury, or at least not for many years, so that would be quite something.

New here, but been lurking for years. 

Anyone think the lead up to this year's festival has been odd? Very little social media presence, no line up, not even a date for the festival, no tickets on sale? What's that all about? Hardly a mention of 2020 anywhere. 

Edited by pinkduck

21 minutes ago, pinkduck said:

New here, but been lurking for years. 

Anyone think the lead up to this year's festival has been odd? Very little social media presence, no line up, not even a date for the festival, no tickets on sale? What's that all about? Hardly a mention of 2020 anywhere. 

I can't say I've been paying attention in that sort of way, but my impression of how Festival Republic do announcements is that they announce when they're ready to, rather than announcing at the same time for an event every year.

They used to do the Reading/Leeds announcements to a long-planned schedule, but when they did that, to be sure they had something sufficient to announce the announcement was always in March. They stopped doing that perhaps a decade ago.

I believe KoL at Finsbury Park will be announced around the end of this month. It's quite possible there'll be other stuff around then (announcements tend to be end of month cos people have money then).

Edited by eFestivals

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I can't say I've been paying attention in that sort of way, but my impression of how Festival Republic do announcements is that they announce when they're ready to, rather than announcing at the same time for an event every year.

They used to do the Reading/Leeds announcements to a long-planned schedule, but when they did that, to be sure they had something sufficient to announce the announcement was always in March. They stopped doing that perhaps a decade ago.

I believe KoL at Finsbury Park will be announced around the end of this month. It's quite possible there'll be other stuff around then (announcements tend to be end of month cos people have money then).

That's true - as you mentioned it's been very evident especially with R&L that Festival Republic don't really follow a schedule for announcements.

I'm hoping the KoL gig is real and on the 28th because hopefully that will mean that Community isn't on a Sunday... Had a few issues the past two years with Community being on a Sunday.

Another link suggesting/leaking etc the KOL gig at Finsbury Park.

"Kings Of Leon will play London’s Finsbury Park on Sunday 28 June 2020.

Finsbury Park is located at the London neighbourhood of Harringay. Festival Republic / Live Nation run a series of gigs and festivals at the park including Wireless and Community Festival.

The band have just announced a bunch of festival dates in Europe including Spain’s Mad Cool Festival and a gig in Netherlands with Snow Patrol with more dates to be announced"

https://gigaddict.co.uk/kings-of-leon-finsbury-park-london-2020/