Jump to content
hirobyn

Community Festival 2020

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

I hope this KOL gig doesn't sell out straight away and ends up being in a 2 for 1 offer. 

If only we could get good deals on all tickets. However, I think KOL in London could be a good seller especially with a few reasonable supports. As usual price will be a factor. In recent years most of  the 2 for 1 offers seem to be for tickets that are well over priced for the headliner. If KOL does happen and they price it right then they shoudl sell like hot cakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 1:44 PM, Dales said:

If only we could get good deals on all tickets. However, I think KOL in London could be a good seller especially with a few reasonable supports. As usual price will be a factor. In recent years most of  the 2 for 1 offers seem to be for tickets that are well over priced for the headliner. If KOL does happen and they price it right then they shoudl sell like hot cakes.

I don't know how well the Liverpool show they did with Franz Ferdinand, Echo & the Bunnymen and Sam Fender sold, but I imagine that in London, that kind of concert would still sell pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-open-spaces/events-and-activities/events-parks/large-and-major-events


Is Community three days? And KOL are playing 11th July? Yes I know we’ve seen them apparently playing in June.

If not I wonder who is playing the 11th 👀

Edited by NickisGinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jericode said:

KOL were meant to be June 28th weren't they?

Yeah apparently. But would they not just list under Music Event instead of community if you get me drift 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NickisGinger said:

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-open-spaces/events-and-activities/events-parks/large-and-major-events


Is Community three days? And KOL are playing 11th July? Yes I know we’ve seen them apparently playing in June.

If not I wonder who is playing the 11th 👀

Kings of Leon are at Mad Cool on Saturday the 11th July.

I also wonder who is playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dales said:

Kings of Leon are at Mad Cool on Saturday the 11th July.

I also wonder who is playing.

Fair enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dales said:

Kings of Leon are at Mad Cool on Saturday the 11th July.

I also wonder who is playing.

Strokes? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Strokes? 

 

Sounds plausible.

That would really rub it in. Not play Mad Cool and then turn up in London the same week as Mad Cool is in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dales said:

Sounds plausible.

That would really rub it in. Not play Mad Cool and then turn up in London the same week as Mad Cool is in. 

Maybe they play Mad Cool on 10th and then Finsbury Park on 11th? Makes sense only they are playing primavera in barcelona the week before so maybe not..?

I hope they play finsbury park i will be there!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d welcome Community taking the same approach as Wireless and making the festival a 3-day event. 

Does look like KOL have their own show lined up and ready to officially announce though which would rule that idea out. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Yeah apparently. But would they not just list under Music Event instead of community if you get me drift 

Maybe they are doing Glastonbury instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

So is this still a thing. I've never thought of community as hugely well selling and there's like no news at all 5 months away...

Their socials have gone completely quiet, but they are selling pre-order merch on their site for 2020. 

On this link, it suggests plans for it over the last weekend of June. Page last updated in December 2019;

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-open-spaces/events-and-activities/events-parks/large-and-major-events

In reply to your Q, no idea!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

So is this still a thing. I've never thought of community as hugely well selling and there's like no news at all 5 months away...

Looks like they’ve applied for planning permission to Haringey council 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Looks like they’ve applied for planning permission to Haringey council 

Isn’t that when you want to build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going 3 days on glastonbury weekend is an interesting idea to say the least. Would probably end up with a lineup not far from TRSNMT's i reckon. I can't see it happening honestly - the whole new music thing has to go if its 3 days thats for certain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dim Sum said:

Courteeners  // The Wombats // The Big Moon

Feel like this could be very wrong- the courteeners are way too big to headline the likes of community- more likely to headline ynot or truck festival imo. The wombats were there in 2018 so it’s unlikely they’ll be back this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kian said:

Feel like this could be very wrong- the courteeners are way too big to headline the likes of community- more likely to headline ynot or truck festival imo. The wombats were there in 2018 so it’s unlikely they’ll be back this year.


Courteeners are less big in London, so if they’re going to do an outdoor gig in the south then headlining this would make sense. The wombats actually last played in 2017, so I wouldn’t rule them out. They’d probably sub this but could even headline, I’m not sure they’re any smaller than the kooks who headlined last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

The Strokes are playing Rock Werchter July 3rd, I think they are that mystery event on the 11th of July. 

Ruled out now unfortunately as they're playing NOS Alive on that date. Confirmed today! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SCG95 said:

Ruled out now unfortunately as they're playing NOS Alive on that date. Confirmed today! 

Ohhh what a tit I've made myself look😂 cheers for letting me know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...