Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

1 hour ago, nalppcindnel said:

So community still haven’t released the lineup, but I saw on Instagram that Kings of Leon are selling tickets for Finsbury Park on 28th June, the same day as Community this year. So does that mean that Kings of Leon are headlining??

No. Community will just be on a different day this year.

3 hours ago, nalppcindnel said:

So community still haven’t released the lineup, but I saw on Instagram that Kings of Leon are selling tickets for Finsbury Park on 28th June, the same day as Community this year. So does that mean that Kings of Leon are headlining??

I know they're not because the planning board thing says that KOL are the day after community finishes.. but can you imagine PHAHAAH KOL headlining community would be quite frankly awful- they headlined Reading/Leeds 2 years ago and my god. Never again.

4 hours ago, Kian said:

Gerry did community last year and the crowd loved him though?

the crowd would love dexys too or someone but it doesn't mean they would sell a ton of tickets - gerry could do it in a few years but not yet

43 minutes ago, gfa said:

the crowd would love dexys too or someone but it doesn't mean they would sell a ton of tickets - gerry could do it in a few years but not yet

Okay, but personally, all my mates are from down south & they all know who he is & enjoy his music- if you go on any indie playlist on spotify there's at least 1 or 2 of his songs in each one

8 hours ago, Kian said:

Okay, but personally, all my mates are from down south & they all know who he is & enjoy his music- if you go on any indie playlist on spotify there's at least 1 or 2 of his songs in each one

Yeah but like that isn't a proper measure of headline status. He hasn't had any big festival slots in the past down South. Thankfully we can put this to rest anyway as he is doing ally pally june 4th

Not sure if it ever got its own seperate thread or not, but hope its okay to ask about the KoL Finsbury Park show here. Do we think there are any chances of waiting around for reduced price tickets/2 for 1s/giveaways similar to APE or if I'm interested in going should I just pull the trigger already?

36 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Not sure if it ever got its own seperate thread or not, but hope its okay to ask about the KoL Finsbury Park show here. Do we think there are any chances of waiting around for reduced price tickets/2 for 1s/giveaways similar to APE or if I'm interested in going should I just pull the trigger already?

Wait what did APE do? When? Who?

33 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

APE sold horrendously last year (BMTH had reportedly sold less than 5k of a 40k capacity a week before the gig) to the point that radio stations were doing competitions to “win” free tickets but actually gave all entrants a pair of tickets.

33 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Reputation last two years for cheap or free tickets in the run up to the event. Lots of competition entries, £2.50 ticket promotions etc.

Well blow me (not like that obv), I can't believe I did not hear or see anything of the sort. Either I wasn't looking hard enough or not looking in the right place. 

18 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

I don't imagine so - also its not Goldenvoice. Based on how community sells I reckon it will sell pretty decent and Finsbury is only 40k or so whereas they wouldn't look out of place at BST.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sisco said:

Have Wolf Alice done this? Wondering if they’re going to do this or APE.  Seem to be missing from lots of lineups that I’d expect them to be at.

Wolf Alice subbing one of these two seems more likely than outright head imo.

Strokes + Wolf Alice somewhere would be cool.

22 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Reputation last two years for cheap or free tickets in the run up to the event. Lots of competition entries, £2.50 ticket promotions etc.

This seems to count against it. Though even then, the previous comment about how little the BMTH day sold is mad given that they're a big act and there were some cool looking bands below them.