Community Festival 2020

hirobyn

8 hours ago, charlierc said:

The likes of Kooks, Wombats and Bombay Bicycle Club were all names I thought might turn up at this before all got snapped up by days at All Points East.

Not sure who that leaves. I'd still love a Biffy+Royal Blood double, but I think that's unlikely to be in budget.

If Community can deliver Biffy and Royal Blood I will personally pay for the acts myself

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

The likes of Kooks, Wombats and Bombay Bicycle Club were all names I thought might turn up at this before all got snapped up by days at All Points East.

Not sure who that leaves. I'd still love a Biffy+Royal Blood double, but I think that's unlikely to be in budget.

It's hard to read a pattern in to who should headline after only 3 additions. But if it was Wombats or Bombay (which  it is not going to be) they would sit better with previous headliners. Neither, Biffy or Royal Blood seem that community to me. If either were going to play this summer then APE would seem a better macth to me.

40 minutes ago, Dales said:

It's hard to read a pattern in to who should headline after only 3 additions. But if it was Wombats or Bombay (which  it is not going to be) they would sit better with previous headliners. Neither, Biffy or Royal Blood seem that community to me. If either were going to play this summer then APE would seem a better macth to me.

Yeah I would've agreed. Granted I'm aware people were saying Bring Me The Horizon day at APE was not a high seller, but they do seem to be the festival that books heavier acts.

Makes me wonder who else is available from that pool.

34 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Talking about how small time This Is Tomorrow is doesn't negate the fact that they've managed to pull pretty big headliners, so using their name to put down the size of an act is just stupid really.

For a festival of its size, This is Tomorrow does seem to pull in pretty big names.

Vaccines surely could be it? Nothing at all so could be their only show, would be a good way to sell the tickets I guess too.

EDIT: Ian Brown with Johnny Marr support or something could be a thing too but a bit out of place vs previous years

Edited by gfa

12 minutes ago, Kian said:

Anyone heard anything else at all about Community festival as it's quite late to relate the lineup now

Nothing yet, I emailed them with my fingers crossed that they’d give me a date but I’ve had no reply

8 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Surely got to have an announcement next week? It’s March ffs, it’s gonna sell awfully if they hold off any longer 

You’d think so, but I would also have expected a lot more social media activity in the lead up to it

6 minutes ago, vahri said:

I reckon its either going to be cancelled or there so sure whoever they have lined up will sell out. This can only be a good thing?

I think it might be more a Festival Republic thing. Maybe give more time to sell The 1975 & Kings of Leon tickets. After they have been on sale for a while, then announce Community?

However, I do find it odd that there has not been social media activity which does osrt of point to issues.

30 minutes ago, Dales said:

I think it might be more a Festival Republic thing. Maybe give more time to sell The 1975 & Kings of Leon tickets. After they have been on sale for a while, then announce Community?

However, I do find it odd that there has not been social media activity which does osrt of point to issues.

Yeah what your saying does sound more logical. I want to be optimistic though and think its because the line up is very good... I have a feeling I will be proved wrong very soon when it gets cancelled. As you said having no social media presence  is extremely strange, especially when they were quite active last year 😕

4 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

who do we think will turn up on the 1975’s day? will Charli be main support or will we get a bigger band than that?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that there will be two stages so I’m possibly thinking that Charli could headline the 2nd stage but that’s just a wild guess.