The Weather Thread 2020

sedra

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s officially far too hot !! 

Hahaha, never come to Coachella, if it was 30 everyday thats heaven. Usually ends being 40 and then you hope theres wind.

Seems the weather isnt going to turn totally shit though. That humidity tonight wouldve been terrible though.

4 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Beautiful morning here in Pilton. Would have been a joy to wake up and know it was another day of gorgeous sunshine, music, friends and adventures.

Hopefully it stays that way!

Most of us  turn up to your town/region once a year, have the best time of lives and then depart. Feels like poor form to be wishing for bad weather just because we can’t be there!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gregfc15 said:

Hopefully it stays that way!

Most of us  turn up to your town/region once a year, have the best time of lives and then depart. Feels like poor form to be wishing for bad weather just because we can’t be there!

Thanks, I think we are going to be enjoying the sun for the next day or so. I hope everyone has the great weather this weekend so that their parties are the best.

Our wonderful village fete will be here next year for everyone to visit again. whether it’s raining or sunshine, we will meet again and party like it’s 2021😀

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thanks, I think we are going to be enjoying the sun for the next day or so. I hope everyone has the great weather this weekend so that their parties are the best.

Our wonderful village fete will be here next year for everyone to visit again. whether it’s raining or sunshine, we will meet again and party like it’s 2021😀

Can’t wait ,  it’s an odd feeling having this virtual festival and still thinking about the weather , the ground conditions and even what bands to watch on tv and I player!  It’s good we have you in pilton acting as our eyes and ears for this year!  Hope that the beer garden at the crown will soon be open for you all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Can’t wait ,  it’s an odd feeling having this virtual festival and still thinking about the weather , the ground conditions and even what bands to watch on tv and I player!  It’s good we have you in pilton acting as our eyes and ears for this year!  Hope that the beer garden at the crown will soon be open for you all

Saturday if they can get the beer😎

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t know what the Pilton weather is like tonight but we were warned about severe thunder storms. Looked pretty calm to me. Didn’t seem to happen, maybe later!  Hope the farm has a beautiful weekend. 

99094B8D-B5E7-4B84-B186-D8DE6EAB7DD5.thumb.jpeg.d42ebcf067dbcf7b226ca35777999314.jpeg

Love your view.  Makes me nostalgic for my day trips down your neck of the wood, lot's of memories.

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t know what the Pilton weather is like tonight but we were warned about severe thunder storms. Looked pretty calm to me. Didn’t seem to happen, maybe later!  Hope the farm has a beautiful weekend. 

99094B8D-B5E7-4B84-B186-D8DE6EAB7DD5.thumb.jpeg.d42ebcf067dbcf7b226ca35777999314.jpeg

Yes, was a gorgeous evening wasn't it? 

Went to bed thinking the weather forecast must have been overly pessimistic....but have indeed woken up to a bit of a shit show, with rolling thunder in the background. Aaah well, an indoor Glastonbury it is! Shame, as my neighbour was gonna lend me his fishing gazeebo but I think it might be a tad to wet even for that, ha!

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

Beautiful morning here in Pilton. It may or may not have sprinkled over night. Hard to tell, but no storm. You would have had to open your flaps as it’s very warm just now.

We had the briefest of downpours in N.Somerset. Literally less than 2 minutes around 1am.   Perfect weather today 😩

34 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Rain forecast for today seems to have gone. Some rain tomorrow but that would be a welcome relief after the high temps of Weds and Thurs. Then with Sunday’s nice weather the ground would be dry again for sitting on by the afternoon. 

Glasgow, however. Fucked it.

Yes, the storms have arrived here now! 

On 6/24/2020 at 10:43 PM, Suprefan said:

Hahaha, never come to Coachella, if it was 30 everyday thats heaven. Usually ends being 40 and then you hope theres wind.

The only reasons I coped with Benicassim are that nothing started until the evening, and we had an apartment rather than tents.  No way I could have done a daytime festival and/or camping in weather like that.