The Weather Thread 2020

sedra

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I camped at Beni and it was murder.

Yep me too. Absolutely dreadful .. beaming sun at 7am cooking you like a baked potato after 2 hours sleep - and they decided to remove the coverings for some reason!! Never again. 

43 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

Looks like bloody amazing festival weather down on the farm today.

Hope Jo Wiley's airstream is air conditioned.

It is currently what I would call perfect festival weather. It is warm, slightly hazy rather than beating sun, with a very light breeze. Just right for watching bands and moving around the site. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

It is currently what I would call perfect festival weather. It is warm, slightly hazy rather than beating sun, with a very light breeze. Just right for watching bands and moving around the site. 

It is that. A few spinkles due tomorrow amongst the sunshiiiiine, but other than, for me absolutely perfect Glastonbury weather.

I think Yesterday and Wednesday would have been tough though. I loved 2010, but it broke me physically, more so than Glastonbury normally does.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Absolutely brilliant, keep the reports coming over the next few days,  I assume the ground is also perfect.  This couch is comfy but not as welcome as one of those painted railway sleepers scattered round the site or a bench outside the Bread and Roses bar. Watching the crowd scenes on i player I am ‘ greetin like a wee bairn’ 😢😁

Had the briefest spattering of rain while sat on the decking under a gazebo with a few friends last night, then got a thunder and lightning show in the distance. 
a very short spell of rain around 7am this morning and nothing since. Problem is the forecast is for lots of rain around 8-9pm tonight - just when we want it to be nice to celebrate my mum’s birthday. 

48 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Absolutely brilliant, keep the reports coming over the next few days,  I assume the ground is also perfect.  This couch is comfy but not as welcome as one of those painted railway sleepers scattered round the site or a bench outside the Bread and Roses bar. Watching the crowd scenes on i player I am ‘ greetin like a wee bairn’ 😢😁

Put it this way, you’ll need a good mallet for your tent pegs.

suns out this afternoon just to warm things up a bit more 

Good job I haven’t put up the tent in the garden - it’s meant to be 45mph winds tomorrow 😲 plus a bit of rain  in Bournemouth - at least it will keep the blinking numptys off the beach (🙄) . 

23 hours ago, Quark said:

The only reasons I coped with Benicassim are that nothing started until the evening, and we had an apartment rather than tents.  No way I could have done a daytime festival and/or camping in weather like that.

23 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I camped at Beni and it was murder.

Oppressive, is what the heat was. (think I was there same year as you CalGon).

Taking a hammock saved my life.