Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

On 5/4/2020 at 2:19 PM, Big durbs said:

if they are anything like me , they are working BUT have had to take a pay cut !  20% in my case , but i have heard of anything up to 40% ! so even if people are still working , they may not have the money .

as Crazyfool said , there are so many factors at play , but i would have to say , on balance there will be less people going for tickets  ! but of course this is only my opinion .

I think it's tricky because there will be way more going than would have been going for tickets in the resale in April for a June festival. A lot of people who wouldn't have bothered in the resale will try again in October for a June festival but there will be more tickets because more will have dropped out. On balance I still think it will be more difficult than a normal resale but with the bonus of an additional resale in the following April. 

I'm feeling good - watched some Glasto docs last week and been listening to new music. I am genuinely looking forward to doing Glastonbury at home on the weekend of the festival. Planning on camping in the garden, playing the headliners from a mini pyramid stage on our decking, and then carrying on with some late night activity. Although I am a bit worried it'll feel quite difficult to enjoy spending 20 hours on the go at home with only a pregnant and therefore sober wife for company!

Anyway, ticket sale for BlutarskyBury is this Thursday (coach) and Sunday (general release) and I'm optimistic about getting tickets as it's a physical sale only (not online) and I live in the venue, so no-one should beat me to the ticket office. 

Also been using the time at home to work on a few projects which has been exciting - and hopefully they could end up having a Glastonbury tie in in the future. 

7 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I'm feeling good - watched some Glasto docs last week and been listening to new music. I am genuinely looking forward to doing Glastonbury at home on the weekend of the festival. Planning on camping in the garden, playing the headliners from a mini pyramid stage on our decking, and then carrying on with some late night activity. Although I am a bit worried it'll feel quite difficult to enjoy spending 20 hours on the go at home with only a pregnant and therefore sober wife for company!

Anyway, ticket sale for BlutarskyBury is this Thursday (coach) and Sunday (general release) and I'm optimistic about getting tickets as it's a physical sale only (not online) and I live in the venue, so no-one should beat me to the ticket office. 

Also been using the time at home to work on a few projects which has been exciting - and hopefully they could end up having a Glastonbury tie in in the future. 

No clues ? 

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

do tell on your project ??? i have a few ties to GF myself and might be able to hook you up 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

On the projects with a Glastonbury tie in ? 

Two separate projects really, poetry and podcasting. 

Have had time to do some more writing, and managed to do some recording too. 

Will be posting stuff on here when it’s ready to go.  

Any hook ups very much welcome... do tell what they are, maybe PM? 

Edited by blutarsky
Typo

Got friends trying for tickets for another festival, that's soon to be selling their refunded tickets. They're all worried about whether they'll succeed because they think it's in and I just wonder how they'd feel if they ever tried for Glastonbury tickets. Can't believe they're getting stressed

Like mate, your fest took half a year to sell out, Glasto took half an hour. Not sure what the panic is lmao

On 5/5/2020 at 6:11 PM, Big durbs said:

im 99% sure "something" will go ahead next year , though what format and what limitations will be put in place are yet to be seen . i would not be surprised to see a temperature read as you enter the site for both workers and punters . 

at the end of the day , festivals / concerts / events are such a big parts of the economy and growing rapidly i don't think they will stop them happening , just think how long it took Glasto to sell out 20 or even 10 years ago compared to the bun fight we have now! in ticket sells alone Glastonbury turns 35 million pounds , that's not including the parking and all the trader spin offs ect . that's a lot of money out of the economy just in one event , now add in the likes of boomtown , reading , leeds  ect ! then you have the concerts at approx £100 per ticket, the numbers are just through the roof . 

at the end of the day , football will be the telling yardstick , if they get that back , then there will be no stopping other events , and im sure there are a lot of heads trying to get that up and running again ( and i dont even like football ).

Just a Big D brain dump 🙂

Without a vaccine, Im not so sure....

Imagine a stonking hot June morning, queing for 4 hours, with a back breaking ton of gear, a £300 investment in your pocket (ticket, travel, parking etc) and a week booked off work and a nervous volunteer points something at your forehead and say... "sorry..."

regards football, without said vaccine they arent going to squish you into the cosy seating that Premier League clubs offer... They of course will televise, but without the fans it will be shite... But the top clubs will make their money off the TV...

Sorry to be on a downer @Big durbs. I absolutely love your positivity on posts throughout this thread.....

Of course, we will have the medicine by then and The Other stage will be absolutely packed on the Friday morning for the return of the only band it could possibly be.... It will go banzai when they start with this :

14 hours ago, nikkic said:

The resale is probably going to be the 4th October isn’t it? 

Or maybe the 11th?

Mrs C is due to give birth on 2nd October.

Could be F5ing and cutting an umbilical cord at the same time!!

Mrs Blutarsky’s due date is October 7th, so imagine I could well be doing the same thing! 

Thank you @crazyfool1

Apologies for my absence; like many I've been up and down with my mood and at times it's been a bit of a struggle.

In the words of the prophet Daniel Bedingfield "we gotta get through this... doo dooohhh dohh..."

In seriousness, we have though.

I hope you're all keeping well. Exciting times ahead for @Hugh Jass and @blutarsky. My eldest turns 5 on Friday - the time has flown! 

I hope you're all keeping well anyway.

Take care.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:44 PM, DareToDibble said:

Not been around as much lately so sorry it's late but happy birthday for Wednesday @vintagelaureate. Hopefully on your next birthday you'll be a month away from getting through the Glasto gates! 

nice one and that would be ideal!!

On 5/13/2020 at 11:00 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Thank you @crazyfool1

Apologies for my absence; like many I've been up and down with my mood and at times it's been a bit of a struggle.

In the words of the prophet Daniel Bedingfield "we gotta get through this... doo dooohhh dohh..."

In seriousness, we have though.

I hope you're all keeping well. Exciting times ahead for @Hugh Jass and @blutarsky. My eldest turns 5 on Friday - the time has flown! 

I hope you're all keeping well anyway.

Take care.

Hope you had a lovely day V. 
Haven’t been here in for a while either, also been struggling a bit. 
Love to all the resale team. 
Charm x

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Charm said:

Hope you had a lovely day V. 
Haven’t been here in for a while either, also been struggling a bit. 
Love to all the resale team. 
Charm x

Stick around ... there’s plenty of help around if you feel u need it ... and if you have anything you need to offload ... we are all on this rollercoaster x 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Stick around ... there’s plenty of help around if you feel u need it ... and if you have anything you need to offload ... we are all on this rollercoaster x 

Thanks for the kind words, you really are lovely. 
Charm x

I didn't even have a ticket for this year and I've still not got my head around the fact it's not happening.

I keep looking at old photos, watching old youtube videos, imaging how excited I was this time last year with it all ahead of me. 

I don't think it helps that any of the gigs/smaller festivals planned for this year are likely to go ahead. 

Reminds me of the saying, is it better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all...

If I had never been to Glastonbury I wouldn't feel this way.

Edit: Sorry, that was just a bit of word vomit there. I just wanted to say something.

Edited by Tartan_Glasto