Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I generally agree but not all of those gigs are in a field, you are indoors as well for gigs. Many people just travel and from, there is no hotel used necessarily.

I do think as much as there is value there, if you have seen the vast majority of things over a number of years at Glastonbury then paying £280 for what you could do for £180 essentially is a big increase. £50 likely by next year is a lot for car parking too. 

I will add though, as much as Oxfam working provided good campsites, access to hot water for noodles etc, better toilets, laughs between workers and close to car camping which ultimately meant a lot of stages were far away, I would not swap it for a ticket itself. Luckily for me it worked out not so bad act wise for me, bar one act maybe I got to see who I wanted to but I can imagine it being a nightmare if not.

I applied for WaterAid and Poo Crew last year. I got on the waiting list for Poo Crew. I seem to remember their website said something about them being sympathetic if there's a particular show you want to see. That doesn't sound too bad. 

I tend to hang around the fringes of the festival too much. The thing with a volunteer job, is that it would give me a method of getting up and out more. That's why I've started to like the idea of volunteering.🙂

4 hours ago, stt11 said:

I applied for WaterAid and Poo Crew last year. I got on the waiting list for Poo Crew. I seem to remember their website said something about them being sympathetic if there's a particular show you want to see. That doesn't sound too bad. 

I tend to hang around the fringes of the festival too much. The thing with a volunteer job, is that it would give me a method of getting up and out more. That's why I've started to like the idea of volunteering.🙂

I didn't request to see to an act or put my details down to be contacted as the shift change board was crazy. I got to see baggy mondays and rhythm of the 90s albeit i was up for work with not much sleep the next day. Had worthy view gate entrance twice which is a trek but then had the 1st vehicle gate 5 mins away from camp which was easy on the last and Sunday after some sleep from early afternoon to night.

The only act I'd have probably made effort to ask to see was The Killers and naturally if they make allowance for that you will need to cover a time when you might not have seen the acts before at all. I saw Ezra, Janelle Monae, Kylie, Miley, Liam, The Lumineers and i was shattered before Charlatans came om but that's late night Thursday and cider catching up. Rodney Branigan which was better on a smaller stage, Johnny Marr and Carl Cox. I missed Anne Marie....but that was more do me not realising she was of interest to me for a couple of songs, and Hozier but that was a Carl Cox clash so chose someone I'd not really seen previous. Bananarama and Years and Years...chose against the time before so a box tick and Elvana. Didnt get to pangea. I don't think there was anything else bar Anne Marie which I should have looked into more but I done my 2nd shift after a late Thursday so part of me wasn't even awake lol.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I was wondering about that as well. Really enjoyed last years. 

Setup time is much quicker ... I take that as a positive but the timing is a little early I would say and it’s capacity too large .... I’d call a cancellation personally but fingers very firmly crossed ... when did tickets go on sale last year ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Setup time is much quicker ... I take that as a positive but the timing is a little early I would say and it’s capacity too large .... I’d call a cancellation personally but fingers very firmly crossed ... when did tickets go on sale last year ? 

It was August I think, we only got them because they became available on line! 

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

on that happy note . i'm going back to bed , i was up late watching the live stream concert , some of which was really good , other bits not so much .. but it did encourage me to have a couple ( ok a lot ) of thatchers . then moved on to gin and tonic... BIG Mistake !

one is feeling a tiny bit fragile this morning lol .

Night :) thanks for the support this morning :) I’m just catching up ... I got to Rita Ora ... just carrying on now without the need to stay up :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

12 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

on that happy note . i'm going back to bed , i was up late watching the live stream concert , some of which was really good , other bits not so much .. but it did encourage me to have a couple ( ok a lot ) of thatchers . then moved on to gin and tonic... BIG Mistake !

one is feeling a tiny bit fragile this morning lol .

Cheers Big D. 

On 4/18/2020 at 10:17 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yup. Glastonbury is incredible value, way better that any other festival or gigs. Walking through the gates is entering another incredible world. 

I do feel there needs to be a variety of more alternative acts booked higher up that are easy listening. Obviously BMTH were booked 3rd down Other but they do split the crowd quite heavily. 

It would be nice in a time when the festival is naturally at a very commercial stage.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

1st and 4th of October most likely.

Not confirmed, but there's about 90% chance it's those dates.

But I’m wondering if there will be many tickets to resell ? Won’t be many I wouldn’t have thought as even the unsure people would have kept hold of them .... of course there might be some that have realised financially it might be a struggle now ... 

Edited by crazyfool1