Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Hope everyone is well. Been wondering over the weekend if the uncertainty around things will result in what is effectively an October re-sale being busier or quieter. Lots of people may be ready to party and try new things by October but if mass gatherings are still in any doubt people may be reluctant to gamble. Double edged sword I suppose. 

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Hope everyone is well. Been wondering over the weekend if the uncertainty around things will result in what is effectively an October re-sale being busier or quieter. Lots of people may be ready to party and try new things by October but if mass gatherings are still in any doubt people may be reluctant to gamble. Double edged sword I suppose. 

So many factors in play ... the economy and people’s disposable income will become a deciding factor too ... 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So many factors in play ... the economy and people’s disposable income will become a deciding factor too ... 

Yes even that will go 2 ways. Those who are still working but from home will probably have more disposable income than ever before as can't go out to spend and saving lots of money on not buying certain things and others will unfortunately be a lot worse off. 

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs J wasn’t coming this year as it would have been too soon after little Huju’s birth. However she is now keen on getting a ticket for next year.

I’ll be happy to try for others if there is room for her in a group.

I think we will reevaluate in terms of numbers And potential dropouts .. pretty sure we can get her in a group somewhere think we decided to go with the same spreadsheet ... 

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs J wasn’t coming this year as it would have been too soon after little Huju’s birth. However she is now keen on getting a ticket for next year.

Mrs C and I will be trying for a ticket for next year (didn’t this year as she’s preggo).

Happy to join forces come October amigo. 

40 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Mrs C and I will be trying for a ticket for next year (didn’t this year as she’s preggo).

Happy to join forces come October amigo. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Similar here, currently have a 5 month pregnant wife asleep with her head on my shoulder. She won’t be so sleepy in June 2021 hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

if they are anything like me , they are working BUT have had to take a pay cut !  20% in my case , but i have heard of anything up to 40% ! so even if people are still working , they may not have the money .

as Crazyfool said , there are so many factors at play , but i would have to say , on balance there will be less people going for tickets  ! but of course this is only my opinion .

Same boat as you, working from home but had to take a reduction in hours/pay to 80%

17 hours ago, Big durbs said:

if they are anything like me , they are working BUT have had to take a pay cut !  20% in my case , but i have heard of anything up to 40% ! so even if people are still working , they may not have the money .

as Crazyfool said , there are so many factors at play , but i would have to say , on balance there will be less people going for tickets  ! but of course this is only my opinion .

Wow guess we've been pretty lucky but as permanent home workers my husband and I are both at home working harder than ever but at least for the same pay. I have been giving more to charity and local businesses because we're obviously not going out spending money. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yes even that will go 2 ways. Those who are still working but from home will probably have more disposable income than ever before as can't go out to spend and saving lots of money on not buying certain things and others will unfortunately be a lot worse off. 

That's actually the position I'm in. Still working from home (at the moment although I'm freelance so aware it could change!) and spending next to nothing. Just food and booze. Even the tube fare would have been a huge chunk that I now have back. So yeah as you say some might feel more inclined to take a punt and get some fun things in the future to look forward to, especially if it's only £50.

Probably not the place to say it (sorry) but I'm not 100% sure of 2021 going ahead to be honest. But I'll likely still go in for the sale. Not much to lose is there?

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's actually the position I'm in. Still working from home (at the moment although I'm freelance so aware it could change!) and spending next to nothing. Just food and booze. Even the tube fare would have been a huge chunk that I now have back. So yeah as you say some might feel more inclined to take a punt and get some fun things in the future to look forward to, especially if it's only £50.

Probably not the place to say it (sorry) but I'm not 100% sure of 2021 going ahead to be honest. But I'll likely still go in for the sale. Not much to lose is there?

I'm more hopeful that it will go ahead even if a vaccine hasn't been found I'd like to think there would be some testing innovations or something that would allow normal-ish life to carry on. If in more than a year's time things are still nothing like a return to normal then I suspect shielding people from COVID 19 would end up having more dire consequence than COVID 19 would have. I have seen far too many people close to breakdown after 5/6 (whatever number) of weeks we are currently on. After months I just don't think we could sustain it. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I'm more hopeful that it will go ahead even if a vaccine hasn't been found I'd like to think there would be some testing innovations or something that would allow normal-ish life to carry on. If in more than a year's time things are still nothing like a return to normal then I suspect shielding people from COVID 19 would end up having more dire consequence than COVID 19 would have. I have seen far too many people close to breakdown after 5/6 (whatever number) of weeks we are currently on. After months I just don't think we could sustain it. 

yep totally .... im appearing and going back to work in 5 weeks whatever .... I will remain as sensible as is possible and social distance where possible I do have to come to some acceptance of a life / hiding away scared of everything balance .... work for me will be the first stage in that 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

yep totally .... im appearing and going back to work in 5 weeks whatever .... I will remain as sensible as is possible and social distance where possible I do have to come to some acceptance of a life / hiding away scared of everything balance .... work for me will be the first stage in that 

Yes absolutely. I'm on a lot of random Facebook groups and in the past week have just seen so much mental turmoil from people. It's kind of heartbreaking to see people alone struggling so much. We'll have to be careful and we are very conscious about whether we should see people like my mother-in-law as she's over 70 and diabetic but I suspect we'll have to start to navigate these waters in the next month or so. She lives along over 90 miles away from all her family. 

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes absolutely. I'm on a lot of random Facebook groups and in the past week have just seen so much mental turmoil from people. It's kind of heartbreaking to see people alone struggling so much. We'll have to be careful and we are very conscious about whether we should see people like my mother-in-law as she's over 70 and diabetic but I suspect we'll have to start to navigate these waters in the next month or so. She lives along over 90 miles away from all her family. 

i think the sensible thing would be seeing them perhaps in a garden / park if possible to start with ... thats going to be my initial reintegration with my parents I think as that is what they are doing with delivery drivers at the moment anyway ....

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i think the sensible thing would be seeing them perhaps in a garden / park if possible to start with ... thats going to be my initial reintegration with my parents I think as that is what they are doing with delivery drivers at the moment anyway ....

Yes it's just a bit tricky to drive over 90 miles away to meet for a short period in a park as we'd have to go through her house to get to a garden especially as options of going somewhere for lunch etc won't necessarily be open to us. Guess we'll just have to see what lessening of lockdown looks like and make decisions from there. It's made worse by the fact that she has bad knees so can't walk for long.  

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes it's just a bit tricky to drive over 90 miles away to meet for a short period in a park as we'd have to go through her house to get to a garden especially as options of going somewhere for lunch etc won't necessarily be open to us. Guess we'll just have to see what lessening of lockdown looks like and make decisions from there. It's made worse by the fact that she has bad knees so can't walk for long.  

if it were tomorrow im not sure my head could have done Glastonbury ... I really think I would be on edge too much,  but reintegration over a year will be fine im sure . its amazing how such simple things now become challenges in a mental sense as well as practical , we will all learn to overcome and adapt just like we are at the moment and hopefully thats the toughest bit slowly coming to and end in terms of a physical lockdown ... it just moves into a new phase of different decisions and hopefully being able to support things that very much need it at the moment .

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

if it were tomorrow im not sure my head could have done Glastonbury ... I really think I would be on edge too much,  but reintegration over a year will be fine im sure . its amazing how such simple things now become challenges in a mental sense as well as practical , we will all learn to overcome and adapt just like we are at the moment and hopefully thats the toughest bit slowly coming to and end in terms of a physical lockdown ... it just moves into a new phase of different decisions and hopefully being able to support things that very much need it at the moment .

Yes think we'll just have to see how things go. Even when lockdown is eased some may not want to go out and meet people and we have to respect that. Others will be desperate to. We've been walking our dogs on the golf course (they have put up a sign giving permission as long as people pick up after them and don't let them on greens or digging in bunkers) and I have noticed over the last week that there does seem to be some people arranging to meet friends there. It's  wide open space and the people meeting still seem to be keeping 2 metres away from each other so whilst they are technically breaking the rules I don't really mind. You never know what's going on in someone else's life so I think it's best not to judge. As long as people stay a distance from me and are respectful I'm ok wiith what they do. 

• Like 1

I did another quick check round of folk who I know were successful in getting tickets.  Two will definitely not be going due to family commitments and will be getting their deposit back. Another two are in the probably not category but will still hang on to their deposits and make a decision next year though they have requested their money back for their Sticklinch tent, so that’s a sure sign they ain’t going.   Three others are desperate to go! (Plus us of course)!  It will be interesting to see how many are on sale in October. As ever best of luck to all and help will always be on hand. 👍

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I don't for a second think things will continue as they are now. I just don't know if I think festivals in particular a dead certainty for next year. Hopefully I'm wrong!