Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

But I’m wondering if there will be many tickets to resell ? Won’t be many I wouldn’t have thought as even the unsure people would have kept hold of them .... of course there might be some that have realised financially it might be a struggle now ... 

There'll be more tickets than there would have been today, and less tickets than there normally would be in October. Anything much beyond that is almost impossible to know with any confidence so why worry about it?

Edited by incident

Just now, incident said:

There'll be more tickets than there would have been today, and less tickets than there normally would be in October. Anything much beyond that is almost impossible to know with any confidence so why worry about it?

Not worried ... it is what it is ... but something I’m sure many resailers will be thinking about 

Just now, Big durbs said:

cheers Vinty , the head is still a little fragile , but the lawns wont mow themselves while mrs D is battling on the front line , hopefully with some ppe ! 

My brothers now been seconded to drive ambulances in Bristol ... he helped get a 40stone guy from his flat yesterday as a fireman ... with cv symptoms ... hope mrs d is ok 

1 hour ago, incident said:

I think October will have less than April, but we're all getting one so it's all good!!! 

When is the balance payment now due, for those with a golden ticket? 

Presuming September. 

I think there’ll be roughly the same number of tickets in the October resale as usual.

Which means our fate will come down to 5-10 minutes of F5 action. 

Edited by nikkic

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

When is the balance payment now due, for those with a golden ticket? 

Presuming September. 

I think there’ll be roughly the same number of tickets in the October resale as usual.

Which means our fate will come down to 5-10 minutes of F5 action. 

Do you think they’ll ask for balance payments that far out? 

I can imagine a “resale” in October where we just have to pay a deposit, then the normal resale procedure follows in April. 

What do people think? 

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

Do you think they’ll ask for balance payments that far out? 

I can imagine a “resale” in October where we just have to pay a deposit, then the normal resale procedure follows in April. 

What do people think? 

Yep as you state ... they will be keen to get back to normal as soon as they can 

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

i wonder if they will do a double resale , ie a deposit one in oct the a normal resale in April ??

its all a bit of a un-known for us and probably for GF too !!

anyway , the lawns have been mowed front and back  , i am now going to sit in the sunshine and enjoy a nice cold thatchers 🙂

2039167291_garden2.thumb.jpg.5e9bd6954d613a5889714d6ac43f9357.jpg1870277202_garden1.thumb.jpg.5d1ba353211d77d5ae3cd1dc698f75a4.jpg

Top job. 

Yeah it's a 'double' resale. October will be a deposit only - not sure how it will work, I imagine a very limited number of tickets that have been returned from the cancellation - then April will be resale we normal. 

Think it's going to be tough but want to be positive. I really need to get there.

3 hours ago, Big durbs said:

i wonder if they will do a double resale , ie a deposit one in oct the a normal resale in April ??

its all a bit of a un-known for us and probably for GF too !!

anyway , the lawns have been mowed front and back  , i am now going to sit in the sunshine and enjoy a nice cold thatchers 🙂

2039167291_garden2.thumb.jpg.5e9bd6954d613a5889714d6ac43f9357.jpg1870277202_garden1.thumb.jpg.5d1ba353211d77d5ae3cd1dc698f75a4.jpg

Yeah this was my thinking. 

If they ask people to pay the balance in Sept then we’ll get a resale after that in Oct.

But there’s potentially two resales if not. October and April. 

11 hours ago, nikkic said:

Yeah this was my thinking. 

If they ask people to pay the balance in Sept then we’ll get a resale after that in Oct.

But there’s potentially two resales if not. October and April. 

They've already published the answers:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/a-statement-from-glastonbury-festival/

Screenshot_20200420-075634.png

Screenshot_20200420-075656.png

So, any tickets requested for a refund by 15th September will be sold October using £50 deposit. 

Resale as normal in the April.

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, incident said:

Yep that's my thoughts. There'll be many who will have to have given them up for financial, health, social reasons etc. They have until September to do this as well so the longer the impact is felt the more who may be in a position of having to do this but you will also get way more people trying in an October sale for a June festival than you would have in April for a June festival so it will definitely be a trickier proposition but all we can do is be organised and try our best. 

This weekend I couldn't help but reflect on how different my weekend was to what I had planned. I had plans for Friday and Saturday night as well. Was strange to think how much has changed. 

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

They've already published the answers:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/a-statement-from-glastonbury-festival/

Screenshot_20200420-075634.png

Screenshot_20200420-075656.png

So, any tickets requested for a refund by 15th September will be sold October using £50 deposit. 

Resale as normal in the April.

Ah thanks I didn’t realise this had been decided. 

35 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Good evening my lovely resale family, hope your all staying safe and well 

Yes all fine so far. Luckily all my friends and family are safe. A few family of friends not so lucky. Certainly feels a lot closer than it did a few weeks ago. Also had some friends who've had non-covid deaths in the family and it feels bad not being able to go and comfort them. 

13 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yes all fine so far. Luckily all my friends and family are safe. A few family of friends not so lucky. Certainly feels a lot closer than it did a few weeks ago. Also had some friends who've had non-covid deaths in the family and it feels bad not being able to go and comfort them. 

Sad to hear ... Unfortunately we are all going to know someone who’s suffered a loss through this , let’s just hope we can get to support them better than is possible at the moment ... all the best GP x

11 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Same here , I have known a few friends of friends who been effected and even lost loved ones , and if course Mrs D is seeing this on a daily basis at work .

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Sad to hear ... Unfortunately we are all going to know someone who’s suffered a loss through this , let’s just hope we can get to support them better than is possible at the moment ... all the best GP x

Yes I know it's a similar story for many. I suppose it's the personal stories that bring it home way more than the stats etc. My next door neighbours have had their first baby nearly 3 weeks ago, most of their family live near by but they haven't been able to hold her yet, one of my friends had to have her dog put to sleep and it broke her heart that she had to wait in the car while they did it rather than be with him and of course the stories of people who have lost loved ones to the disease or to other diseases and there are no comforting hugs, no chance to even leave their houses and be with other people. It makes me realise how lucky I personally am but also makes you feel a little bit useless when you can't do the things for friends that you'd usually do in these circumstances. Must be sad for those having to plan funerals at this time as well. 

Hope you are all safe and continue to be safe. Hugs to Mrs D as well it must be so tough dealing with this on a daily basis. 

Edited by gigpusher

2 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Thought this was a fitting thread for my 500th post on here - despite never having been to Glastonbury (yet)!

We will overcome :) I remember those early days and couldn’t believe anyone had posts over 5000 ... a little while later :) nice one NR 

• Like 1

Greetings Resale Clubbers...

To keep everyone positive and prove that anything can happen when you really want it...

6 years ago today (27th April 2014) i managed to get resale tickets... As my daughter reminded me we went it to work, where i had got the IT team to line up a row of laptops for the purpose... The complete fear when getting through and the elation when getting the confirmation.!

Probably stopping many of you 'liking' this post however is the reminder that it was the same day Stevie Gerrard fell on his arse..

40 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Greetings Resale Clubbers...

To keep everyone positive and prove that anything can happen when you really want it...

6 years ago today (27th April 2014) i managed to get resale tickets... As my daughter reminded me we went it to work, where i had got the IT team to line up a row of laptops for the purpose... The complete fear when getting through and the elation when getting the confirmation.

I can like this bit :) u seen the od livestream on wed ?