The International Contingent

beefykoala

15 hours ago, Neville Street said:

I would recommend having all the emails printed and join the Q of vans on Tuesday. I’d expect the stewards to be ok and let you in. It’s a trek around the outside to the box office on foot on the Wednesday, but I’ve done it before (the trek, not the ticket pick up). I have arrived in van field a few days before on more than one occasion, delivering a rented van to get it parked up. I showed the stewards emails and it went ok, but that was a few days ahead of the festival actually opening.

Thanks for the advice! Actually got an update tonight from the festival saying we could get our tickets and campervan pass anyway on Tuesday as long as we emailed see tickets and had them move our tickets from the box office to the stewards in the campervan field. So that was great news, but I’m gonna be sure to print out copies of the email correspondence just to be sure. 

On 6/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, Schaferhunden said:

Thanks for the advice! Actually got an update tonight from the festival saying we could get our tickets and campervan pass anyway on Tuesday as long as we emailed see tickets and had them move our tickets from the box office to the stewards in the campervan field. So that was great news, but I’m gonna be sure to print out copies of the email correspondence just to be sure. 

Hi, did you manage to get you’re tickets delivered to east campeavam stewards? I receive an email today saying I have to go to gate A despite trying with see tickets. 

4 hours ago, Neto said:

Hi, did you manage to get you’re tickets delivered to east campeavam stewards? I receive an email today saying I have to go to gate A despite trying with see tickets. 

Hi Neto! 
Yes, I got an email today saying my ticket and campervan pass would be moved, but none of the other in my party got the same email - they got the standard pick up on wedensday email, so I’ve sent them a new request. I was the lead booker on the campervan pass, so that’s maybe why. I think the other email was a standard that everyone got today (I also got it in addition to the other one), so maybe they haven’t gotten around to answering you yet? Keep nagging if you don’t get it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Schaferhunden said:

Hi Neto! 
Yes, I got an email today saying my ticket and campervan pass would be moved, but none of the other in my party got the same email - they got the standard pick up on wedensday email, so I’ve sent them a new request. I was the lead booker on the campervan pass, so that’s maybe why. I think the other email was a standard that everyone got today (I also got it in addition to the other one), so maybe they haven’t gotten around to answering you yet? Keep nagging if you don’t get it. 

Thanks! Good to know that you were sucessfull. 

I m exchanging emails with Seetickets for weeks and today they told me that I should go to the box office anyway. I had to do it in 2016 and its a long way, without information, difficult to know your way around. I will keep trying in the next days. 

Anyone travelling today? Up at 3am this morning for the long drive to Calais for the tunnel - amazingly for the first time ever we got an earlier train allocated, then were so fast through passport control we ended up on the one before that. Ended up in Bristol 3 hours ahead of planned. Result.

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

Anyone travelling today? Up at 3am this morning for the long drive to Calais for the tunnel - amazingly for the first time ever we got an earlier train allocated, then were so fast through passport control we ended up on the one before that. Ended up in Bristol 3 hours ahead of planned. Result.

In Toronto, and driving to the airport now.  The Churnups just came on the radio.  Good times!

Working at the office today (printing Clashfinder) at home tomorrow (last packing bits) and getting on a Eurostar wednesday morning. Slightly relieved I have coach as I'm seeing some Euro kids who haven't received their ticket yet 😞

I watched the livestream of Pinkpop this weekend as prep, and although this mostly reminded me that glasto is 10 times better, I have to say that made me look forward to QOTSA!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any other Internationals really gutted about the sale date change?

Pushing it from October to November was already quite a shift for those of us that are trying to take advantage of ‘early bird’ flight deals. But another two weeks to mid November is a proper ball ache.

As well as flights getting more expensive, my summer plans for NZ are on hold because I don’t know if I’ll need that money for Glasto and festivals here are likely to start selling out as well.

properly gutted.

Ok. Rant over. 

42 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Any other Internationals really gutted about the sale date change?

Pushing it from October to November was already quite a shift for those of us that are trying to take advantage of ‘early bird’ flight deals. But another two weeks to mid November is a proper ball ache.

As well as flights getting more expensive, my summer plans for NZ are on hold because I don’t know if I’ll need that money for Glasto and festivals here are likely to start selling out as well.

properly gutted.

Ok. Rant over. 

Technically yes cause the time change was gonna make it funky on sunday. But sure, flight bookings would change a little and by the time this sale happens some airlines make some offers for next summer so itll be tight on hoping for a deal and getting a ticket.

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A question, if you are buying tickets from New Zealand do you need to use a credit card or is a debit card ok. U.K. registrations. 

I think all that matters is where the registration is based rather than where you are geographically at the time of the sale.

I have an NZ rego and postcode and always use credit.

• Thanks 1

I don’t think it’s registration address - registration has nothing to do with billing - anyone can buy tickets - it’s the billing address used at the end of the transaction (which does not have to be lead booker it can be anyone buying the tickets). If the billing address for the person paying  is not UK it’s credit card only.

I would think that if you have a UK debit card, you can use it, no matter your location or billing address. If you don't have a UK debit card, you must use a credit card. Don't know though, I'm continental and have used my credit card only. Note that it has to be Visa/Mastercard too, Amex/Diners and such are not accepted.

Haven't booked flights back to the UK since 2019 so a bit out of touch. Would be great to get an idea of when is likely to be the best time to book them. We can book now, but we also need 2 visa's which we can't apply for until Jan next year, so i'm trying to hold off until after Christmas - unless a really good offer comes along in the meantime. Looking to go for premium economy for a little bit of extra comfort which bumps the price up a fair bit. Someone from work just use AirNZ for the UK and said the extra was worth it for them. Any advice on time for booking or airline experience would be gratefully received.

Have thought about flying to Perth (stay a day or 2) and then getting the non stop flight to London - help with the time difference a bit and getting over the flights in all - cheers.

8 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Haven't booked flights back to the UK since 2019 so a bit out of touch. Would be great to get an idea of when is likely to be the best time to book them. We can book now, but we also need 2 visa's which we can't apply for until Jan next year, so i'm trying to hold off until after Christmas - unless a really good offer comes along in the meantime. Looking to go for premium economy for a little bit of extra comfort which bumps the price up a fair bit. Someone from work just use AirNZ for the UK and said the extra was worth it for them. Any advice on time for booking or airline experience would be gratefully received.

Have thought about flying to Perth (stay a day or 2) and then getting the non stop flight to London - help with the time difference a bit and getting over the flights in all - cheers.

I was keen to do premium economy as well. 33ish hours in transit destroys me in economy these days. But having looked at the prices I just don’t know if I can do it.. $6.5-7.5K NZ for premium is extortionate. I might just try and break the trip up in Singapore instead. 

This is a good 12 or 13 years ago, but on the Qantas A380 there's a random seat in the  middle of economy that  doesn't have a seat in front of it. This was just when they'd started charging extra for exit row seats but this one didn't have a premium. No idea if it's still the case but I managed to bag it a couple of times. 

11 hours ago, Mark H said:

I was keen to do premium economy as well. 33ish hours in transit destroys me in economy these days. But having looked at the prices I just don’t know if I can do it.. $6.5-7.5K NZ for premium is extortionate. I might just try and break the trip up in Singapore instead. 

It is an extortionate increase for what you get in return. I have also looked at maybe getting a flight with a longer stop and then booking a hotel air side for a few hours, I think Singapore has one or 2, can't remember now. But a good period of time to stretch the legs, shower, get a massage etc can all make a mike difference to the feeling when you finally arrive in the UK and this would be alot cheaper than 4 premium economy tickets.

I'm hoping for a 2 for 1 sale 😉

Edited by The other Bellboy
2 for 2 sale doesn't make any sense, 2 for 1 ;)