Ticket Sale Date

Mr. Snrub

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im currently trying to put off some of the Glasto chatters with mud photos .....

Did that myself, a few images of 2016 mud opened eyes. More concerning for folk travelling from afar was the traffic problems. Didn’t bother me, all part of the great adventure that is Glastonbury. The tv images of the last two festivals really havnt helped put folk off! Idyllic conditions, big pop acts seem to have attracted a lot of interest. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Did that myself, a few images of 2016 mud opened eyes. More concerning for folk travelling from afar was the traffic problems. Didn’t bother me, all part of the great adventure that is Glastonbury. The tv images of the last two festivals really havnt helped put folk off! Idyllic conditions, big pop acts seem to have attracted a lot of interest. 

were there traffic problems then ? :) its amazing what we forget 

Yep there is no way you can buy a coach ticket without choosing the day and the location. The times (unless it's Bristol or London) are a lucky dip.

It's more stressful than the main sale because of the extra steps and there being less tickets. But the feeling of being sorted before Sunday is so worth it.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

16 hours ago, Sasperella said:

What's everyone approaches to coaches?

Do you opt for Wednesday coaches and stick with it? Or if there are only Thursday tickets left, do you nab one.... Even thought you might be able to get a general entry in the main sale?

First time I went I took a Thursday Ticket as having never been before, getting inside was my main priority.

Now  days though, I need to wake up inside in Thursday morning. Don't really care about what time on Wednesday.

Who knows what I'll do if I see Thursday tickets as my only option. Might grab them as I have fears the main sale will be the biggest bloodbath ever this year. I have already accepted the 7 stages of grief as in my mind, with how much I've heard non-festival people talk high interest in attending this year, there is no way I'll get through.

I was checking out an old Firefox browser on my homepage and found a booking complete link from 2017. So I thought I'd copy and post it. It leads to a session timed out page.

This was the last Glastonbury ticket I bought. I had Virgin Media internet, then. I think that's better than the Talk Talk internet, that I have at the moment.But I suppose they all change in their capabilities, so you never really know.

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/purchase/complete

Edited by stt11
link

5 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

First time I went I took a Thursday Ticket as having never been before, getting inside was my main priority.

Now  days though, I need to wake up inside in Thursday morning. Don't really care about what time on Wednesday.

Who knows what I'll do if I see Thursday tickets as my only option. Might grab them as I have fears the main sale will be the biggest bloodbath ever this year. I have already accepted the 7 stages of grief as in my mind, with how much I've heard non-festival people talk high interest in attending this year, there is no way I'll get through.

In a way I always say, it's a different festival if you can't get a ticket for it. There's something about a festival everyone can get a ticket for, that seems to make it a more genuine article, festival wise, somehow.

I always formulate a plan about whether or not I will try for Thursday (think I would this year) but when it comes down to the moment I find it rarely factors. As in by the time I've found out Wednesday has gone, Thursday has too. The whole thing is over with so quickly it's not like you have time to go "oh Wednesday is done, now I'll just cruise through to Thursday". Most of the time you are just refreshing. 

I've only ever been on a Wednesday, but I don't think I'd be as devastated as I would have used to be to go Thursday. It would certainly improve my stamina throughout the rest of the festival. The only thing that really bugs me is that it costs the same. 

Hey all - is it allowed on here to arrange to team up with people to get tickets?  I want to get for my wife and I for next year, but am a bit scarred after missing out on tickets this year for the first time in 12 attempts!  Would be good if we could all maximise chances by making sure we are all in teams of 6 trying for tickets

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I always formulate a plan about whether or not I will try for Thursday (think I would this year) but when it comes down to the moment I find it rarely factors. As in by the time I've found out Wednesday has gone, Thursday has too. The whole thing is over with so quickly it's not like you have time to go "oh Wednesday is done, now I'll just cruise through to Thursday". Most of the time you are just refreshing. 

I've only ever been on a Wednesday, but I don't think I'd be as devastated as I would have used to be to go Thursday. It would certainly improve my stamina throughout the rest of the festival. The only thing that really bugs me is that it costs the same. 

Over the past year, I've seriously considered Thursday as a preferred option. This change of preference was mainly due to me considering going to Creamfields on a standard 2 day ticket, to avoid all the riff raff. What I find really off putting is the lack of reduction in ticket price. I don't know why Glastonbury charge the same as Wednesday tickets. Other festivals are at least £20 cheaper.

38 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Who knows what I'll do if I see Thursday tickets as my only option. Might grab them as I have fears the main sale will be the biggest bloodbath ever this year.

Yeh every other year I've definitely not wanted a Thursday entry, feeling like it was worth the risk to wait for the main sale. This year I'm so scared about getting tickets that I might end up going for it if it's there....

Having said that, last year I decided beforehand "definitely no Thursday tickets" yet in the heat of the moment when my friend had got through and Wednesday had gone, I changed my mind pretty quick...

In the end though, like @Zoo Music Girl says, by the time we had time to click, Thursday had also gone and we ended up getting standard tickets anyway 

42 minutes ago, stt11 said:

I had Virgin Media internet, then. I think that's better than the Talk Talk internet, that I have at the moment.But I suppose they all change in their capabilities, so you never really know.

I just had to buy internet for my new house. Ended up getting it with EE, the fiber optic plus option purely for Glastonbury tickets (and yes, I did explicitly tell the guy in the shop I needed whatever speed would work best for that). No idea if EE is good or not though, and now your post has freaked me out! 

But then as T-Day approaches basically everything starts freaking me out