2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just another top tier addition to an already staking lineup.

So it’s looking Editors - Charli - ? for JP so far. If the PSB Sunday Other rumour is true then I’d imagine there would be a more traditional “band” on Sunday night...

Supergrass? Libertines?

I'm still clinging on to the idea of Orbital on the Sunday night. 

Given that was the "info" last year. Although I guess we still have no idea on the WH headliners yet at least. 

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Given that was the "info" last year. Although I guess we still have no idea on the WH headliners yet at least. 

Didn't someone say Orbital are one of the West Holts headliners this year?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just another top tier addition to an already staking lineup.

So it’s looking Editors - Charli - ? for JP so far. If the PSB Sunday Other rumour is true then I’d imagine there would be a more traditional “band” on Sunday night...

Supergrass? Libertines?

The Pixies' European tour starts Tuesday 30th.

Just now, zeppelin said:

We have some bits. Thom Yorke Tomorrow's Modern Boxes was mentioned. Then we had someone else say that they had been told the WH heads and that one had headlined the Pyramid in a different setup (adds to it being Thom Yorke), one could equally bring the party to the Pyramid stage on a Sunday afternoon (assumed Isley Brothers with dates) and then the other the poster didn't really care for (take your pick).

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Think it was only ever that they were a John Peel headliner last year, and that didn't come off so the rumour was moved to this year. I'm sceptical.

51 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We have some bits. Thom Yorke Tomorrow's Modern Boxes was mentioned. Then we had someone else say that they had been told the WH heads and that one had headlined the Pyramid in a different setup (adds to it being Thom Yorke), one could equally bring the party to the Pyramid stage on a Sunday afternoon (assumed Isley Brothers with dates) and then the other the poster didn't really care for (take your pick).

Oh yeah I forgot about that, I knew there was a reason I wasn't particularly excited by the WH headliners (and that never happens 😧). 

I just really want my dance fix on Sunday night and I don't think Pet Shop Boys or Taylor are what I'm looking for. 

57 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Sorry to double post, didn't see this one somehow. (Can you edit a post and add a quote?) 

If they closed WH on Sunday I would be so happy. Also prime for getting down SEC. 

I think they'll be there and I think they'd close a stage but that only realistically leaves JP and WH.

17 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Oh yeah I forgot about that, I knew there was a reason I wasn't particularly excited by the WH headliners (and that never happens ). 

I just really want my dance fix on Sunday night and I don't think Pet Shop Boys or Taylor are what I'm looking for. 

Yeah I've had a similar vibe when the rumours for Sunday have come in. Can't remember who's rumoured for Park, but it might be SE Corner from early doors on Sunday maybe.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

I’d say Parliament/Funkadelic doing their grand hurrah (supposedly) in June on this side of the world puts George Clinton in contention for WH.

The dates don’t match up exactly and he did it last in... 2015? But if this really is it, and it was offered to WH bookers, I’d imagine they said yes.

Thom Yorke - Parliament/Funkadelic - The Isley Brothers

^ would be magic, if a little old. you’d think a FKA Twigs type would be in there for balance.

Although some combination of these threes would be fantastic.

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

The new Caribou album is duff, sadly, so I don’t see him going up the bill in honesty.

???

Personal opinion and all that but I think it’s brilliant. Park headliner for him though, or even high John Peel - don’t see him getting  a WH headline gig. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Isleys have got the catalogue, but are they a similar sort of live draw to the likes of Chic/ EWF / Jacksons etc?

I don't think they've got the name recognition as those others with people <28. I had to look them up when I saw the rumours but instantly recognised loads of songs.

Similarly I was at a party last week with about 20 odd people who are all going to glastonbury, and very few had heard of them, but again knew loads of songs as soon as they went on the speakers.

So is a tricky one.

Just now, MaxPower said:

Similarly I was at a party last week with about 20 odd people who are all going to glastonbury, and very few had heard of them, but again knew loads of songs as soon as they went on the speakers.

Strange party.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Isleys have got the catalogue, but are they a similar sort of live draw to the likes of Chic/ EWF / Jacksons etc?

They're quite a rarity here, and they're doing big shows. If available and willing to go for that stage, I couldn't see WH bookers trying to put someone on after them.

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

I don't think they've got the name recognition as those others with people <28. I had to look them up when I saw the rumours but instantly recognised loads of songs.

So is a tricky one.

Kind of my inkling as well. Combined with the fact that they're a bit of an unknown quantity as a live act....

Hopefully they're second from top