2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

18 minutes ago, Tuna said:

From the other stage thread, someone reckons dua lipa is headlining one day. If that's the Saturday, with xcx/macca/dua maybe we should expect something a bit less straight pop on the park and wh - pfunk and floating points or something. 

Given the fact the post hasn't been remotely backed up, I'd take it with quite the pinch of salt for now...

7 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Given the fact the post hasn't been remotely backed up, I'd take it with quite the pinch of salt for now...

Hence the conditionals. Not like this whole thread ain't just speculation anyway, and it's hardly a wildcard or spanner in the works, innit. 

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hence the conditionals. Not like this whole thread ain't just speculation anyway, and it's hardly a wildcard or spanner in the works, innit. 

I just don't think it's worth discussing without more info...  Especially as I seem to remember the previous placing of Dua actually had some substance.  Seems pointless to waste time on it without a bit more being provided.

34 minutes ago, Tuna said:

From the other stage thread, someone reckons dua lipa is headlining one day. If that's the Saturday, with xcx/macca/dua maybe we should expect something a bit less straight pop on the park and wh - pfunk and floating points or something. 

XCX vs Dua Lipa feels weird to me. 

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Thinking back to 2017, there was a long period where everyone here was sure Justice would top the Other and then it turned out to be a WH slot after all.

I’m still sceptical PSB would go on WH. They feel too big for it. But it’s not out the question.

Right now there are far too many contenders for the Other and it’s genuinely quite enjoyable that none of us even have one fixed booking for the top 2-3 spots on each day.

Pretty sure there was some info of Justice on Other but anybody with any sense knew that they were too small for that and WH always seemed more likely. Really don’t see PSB being on WH - they’re just too big for it.

Sticking with Royal Blood, Calvin and PSB for Other headliners myself. 

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

I think she can fit there. Of course it's not the Chems or Justice. Not a DJ, not electronic music, but she is definitely close to dance (even she has a song with Calvin Harris btw) 

She's pop.  Plain and simple.  Beck, Noel Gallagher, Q-Tip and Beth Orton appear on a Chems tracks, but none of those are dance acts.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Could the info be misplaced and it’s simply Dua will come on a perform her song with Calvin?

Well this is kinda why I think Calvin Harris headlining the other is a strong shout. Not that I’m likely to be there but it would probably be a great show considering how many artists he has collabed with being on the farm that weekend.

7 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

She's pop.  Plain and simple.  Beck, Noel Gallagher, Q-Tip and Beth Orton appear on a Chems tracks, but none of those are dance acts.

It's pop with strong disco influence (I don't see Noel there). And it's not just with Calvin, also Diplo, Martin Garrix... 

Edited by AlexOvd

Gonna just throw this out there

what do we actually have on Noel playing? He’s toured around the festival for years before and not done it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is attending the festival instead of playing it.

He seems to prefer to do that anyway

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Gonna just throw this out there

what do we actually have on Noel playing? He’s toured around the festival for years before and not done it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is attending the festival instead of playing it.

He seems to prefer to do that anyway

Stormzy info last year named Noel as playing this year, and he was also in the list of names that originally gave us Aerosmith. I’d be surprised if he’s not playing.