2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

Nah Lewis won’t be subbing if he’s taking slots that low at R&L.

He might play third down pyramid but I guess there’s a chance they could get him a bit lower if he isn’t being that picky about slots.

Third down Friday is still my bet. For the time being.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah Lewis won’t be subbing if he’s taking slots that low at R&L.

He might play third down pyramid but I guess there’s a chance they could get him a bit lower if he isn’t being that picky about slots.

Third down Friday is still my bet. For the time being.

You don’t know when he was booked for that slot. Eilish looked far too low last year. He certainly looks daft sat below Migos on the lineup.

Just looked at the poster and he’s billed as a Special Guest, which to me is the fest acknowledging that he’s too low.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

could just be that he isn't there? did it last year right? unless there's info, ofc.

Hmm his tour dates are pretty indicative and he played pretty low in 2019. I think he’s probably playing every mainstream festival this year. He’s a hot ticket and a good booking for Radio 1 listening attendees.

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

David Gray subbed in 2003. The Kooks subbed in 2007.

Capaldi is one of the biggest stars in the country, not to mention the States too. If we're saying Dua Lipa is a sub level without batting an eyelid, then yes, the big man could 100% sub in 2020.

He’d probably get one of the biggest crowds of the weekend too.

Edited by Hugh Jass

12 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

David Gray subbed in 2003. The Kooks subbed in 2007.

Capaldi is one of the biggest stars in the country, not to mention the States too. If we're saying Dua Lipa is a sub level without batting an eyelid, then yes, the big man could 100% sub in 2020.

Denial is a powerful thing.  Don’t really have an issue with him getting a sub slot. At the current rate we’re  going , I’ll be spending far too much time at the pyramid already. 

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Aye no probably about it – will be enormous sprawl, right to the top of the hill.

I don't like his music but I'd maybe go for the patter alone. He's got the charm to pull it off!

I watched him last year and the best thing about his set was the chatting in between songs. Could see him bringing out Liam Gallagher this year just to wind Noel up a bit

20 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

You don’t know when he was booked for that slot. Eilish looked far too low last year. He certainly looks daft sat below Migos on the lineup.

Just looked at the poster and he’s billed as a Special Guest, which to me is the fest acknowledging that he’s too low.

In fairness he must have been booked within the last couple of weeks as they’ve had to switch Two Door’s days to accommodate him - and they also have the same special guest billing.

Still think he’d probably sub though.

I’m sure it’s happened at some point, but I’m struggling to think of a one album act (especially who played the previous year on the same album tour) who gets bumped up to sub, with no second album in sight. I know Capaldi’s rise has been pretty stratospheric but him subbing doesn’t add up to me, and I think they’d have probably sorted subs out a while back (we already know both Noel and Lana we’re booked a lonngg time ago, possibly before or along with the headliners).

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m sure it’s happened at some point, but I’m struggling to think of a one album act (especially who played the previous year on the same album tour) who gets bumped up to sub, with no second album in sight. I know Capaldi’s rise has been pretty stratospheric but him subbing doesn’t add up to me, and I think they’d have probably sorted subs out a while back (we already know both Noel and Lana we’re booked a lonngg time ago, possibly before or along with the headliners).

Oasis and Coldplay both moved up to headliner before the second albums were out.

If he plays, I don't see it being the case where he'd demand sub or nothing. The placing at R+L acknowledges that he's quite big for a third-down slot, but him accepting it acknowledges that it doesn't really matter. With Glastonbury it's often the case that a third-down act is more popular in the mainstream than the act directly following them but Glastonbury doesn't just schedule acts in order of least-to-most popular.

For what it's worth, I don't think he'll play at all.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Charli XCX will be headlining the John Peel one night.

That's great news.

obviously not 100% but Saturday may be more likely if we're supposing that the rumour about Editors on Friday is true, and that Charlotte won't be scheduled against Taylor. I'm not going to be there but it'll be a hell of a party.

Edited by dentalplan

Damn that's disappointing, was really hoping to catch her this year. Great booking though.

Saturday night makes the most sense and hopefully she comes out with Taylor on Sunday. Macca is unmissable for me but Charli will tear it down in JPT.

Just another top tier addition to an already stacked lineup.

So it’s looking Editors - Charli - ? for JP so far. If the PSB Sunday Other rumour is true then I’d imagine there would be a more traditional “band” on Sunday night...

Supergrass? Libertines?

Edited by Hugh Jass