Secret Sets/TBA's 2019

SecretGlasto

54 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I'm genuinely surprised that we haven't got anything near-concrete for the Williams Green sets! Normally there's at least a very strong rumour going round.

I have a bit of a hunch that The Vaccines could do it, as they said their set was supposed to be a "secret", meaning the Friday Other set for the morning. However, could there have been some crossed wires/mis-communication and they are doing both?

Probably a long shot as well, but I'm hoping Frank Carter could pop in somewhere. He's exclusive to R+L, but I think secret sets are exempt from that?

The Rattlesnakes are in Scandanavia all weekend from the Tuesday - as much as I want them to play too!

6 hours ago, Bradders said:

Big Moon and Pale Waves seem the kind of unexciting but just about special guest kind of acts we usually get

I've seen both of those, and I could honestly not think of many bands I'd want to see less than Pale Waves

The Foals playing the Park sounds a bit iffy to me. We know MDC has safety concerns over large numbers people using the hill, so how do we suppose they’re going to limit the numbers up there? If it was the Friday headline slot the draw from other bands might be enough to reduce numbers, but I don’t think that’s going to be the case at 6:30. 

2 minutes ago, musky said:

The Foals playing the Park sounds a bit iffy to me. We know MDC has safety concerns over large numbers people using the hill, so how do we suppose they’re going to limit the numbers up there? If it was the Friday headline slot the draw from other bands might be enough to reduce numbers, but I don’t think that’s going to be the case at 6:30. 

I think Janet Jackson, Lizzo and Johnny Marr will all draw decent crowds so it shouldn't be too bad.

2 minutes ago, musky said:

Clash with Janet Jackson, Lizzo, Johnny Marr and the start of Liam Gallagher.  I’d guess them acts will draw decent crowds away from it

10 hours ago, Bradders said:

Big Moon and Pale Waves seem the kind of unexciting but just about special guest kind of acts we usually get

I dunno, they’re normally slightly bigger aren’t they? Like yeah I could see them playing, but the past line ups have been: 

2017: Everything Everything and Circa Waves 

2016: Rat Boy and DMA’s

2015: Wolf Alice and Drenge 

2014: 1975 and Metronomy 

2013: Alt-J, Dry the River and Django Django

@SecretGlasto,

Ordered by day and time for your approval (this really is one for the "not doing any work" thread)

THURSDAY:

Stonebridge Bar  12:00-13:00

Williams Green  19:30-20:10

Bread and Roses  19:30-20:30

Strummerville  20:00 - Frank Turner

Williams Green  20:30-21:10

FRIDAY:

BBC Introducing  13:30-13:55

BBC Introducing  16:40-17:05

Bread and Roses  17:00-18:00

Rum Shack  21:30-22:30

The Rabbit Hole  00:45-01:30

SATURDAY:

The Park  11:30-12:10

BBC Introducing  13:20-13:45

The Park  18:15 - 19:15 -  Foals

The Crow's Nest  21:00-21:30 - Self Esteem

John Peel  22:30-23:45

Truth Stage  22:30-23:30 Sleaford Mods

Funkingham Palace  01:00-02:00

Funkingham Palace  02:00-03:00

Funkingham Palace  03:00-04:00

SUNDAY:

Truth Stage  15:00-15:45

BBC Introducing  18:10-18:35

Babylon Uprising  20:30-21:30

Bread and Roses 23:30-01:00

Rum Shack  00:00-01:00

The Gas Tower  02:00-03:00

Rum Shack  03:00-04:00

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I dunno, they’re normally slightly bigger aren’t they? Like yeah I could see them playing, but the past line ups have been: 

2017: Everything Everything and Circa Waves 

2016: Rat Boy and DMA’s

2015: Wolf Alice and Drenge 

2014: 1975 and Metronomy 

2013: Alt-J, Dry the River and Django Django

Quite a few of those have got bigger since, which distorts it. They’re both just about big enough, but it’s very much a 2016 level year if it is them.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

@SecretGlasto,

Ordered by day and time for your approval (this really is one for the "not doing any work" thread)

THURSDAY:

Stonebridge Bar  12:00-13:00

Williams Green  19:30-20:10

Bread and Roses  19:30-20:30

Strummerville  20:00 - Frank Turner

Williams Green  20:30-21:10

FRIDAY:

BBC Introducing  13:30-13:55

BBC Introducing  16:40-17:05

Bread and Roses  17:00-18:00

Rum Shack  21:30-22:30

The Rabbit Hole  00:45-01:30

SATURDAY:

The Park  11:30-12:10

BBC Introducing  13:20-13:45

The Park  18:15 - 19:15 -  Foals

The Crow's Nest  21:00-21:30 - Self Esteem

John Peel  22:30-23:45

Truth Stage  22:30-23:30 Sleaford Mods

Funkingham Palace  01:00-02:00

Funkingham Palace  02:00-03:00

Funkingham Palace  03:00-04:00

SUNDAY:

Truth Stage  15:00-15:45

BBC Introducing  18:10-18:35

Babylon Uprising  20:30-21:30

Bread and Roses 23:30-01:00

Rum Shack  00:00-01:00

The Gas Tower  02:00-03:00

Rum Shack  03:00-04:00

Two more for Crow’s Nest.

Black Midi 11pm Friday, according to @adequate8

Snapped Ankles 1am Sat night/Sun morning, according to a schedule they posted

Monday 3-4am Funkingham Palace Craig Charles

Edited by Bradders

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

Quite a few of those have got bigger since, which distorts it. They’re both just about big enough, but it’s very much a 2016 level year if it is them.

Hmmm yeah I suppose. Might be a good thing to have them as the crowds for Everything Everything and Circa Waves were ridiculous in 2017! 

I’d prefer bigger bands though, as I don’t want a huge crowd for Frank Turner at the same time (ish)

48 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Two more for Crow’s Nest.

Black Midi 11pm Friday, according to @adequate8

Snapped Ankles 1am Sat night/Sun morning, according to a schedule they posted

Monday 3-4am Funkingham Palace Craig Charles

Didn't we find out that Craig Charles was actually Saturday -> Sunday?  I'm sure I've seen that somewhere, but not sure where...

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Didn't we find out that Craig Charles was actually Saturday -> Sunday?  I'm sure I've seen that somewhere, but not sure where...

It was originally misheard as Saturday, but I listened back and he definitely said Sunday night.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Snapped Ankles on Crow’s Nest are Sunday -> Monday.

That was the original rumour but didn’t their schedule say Saturday? Not sure, can’t remember where I saw it.

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Snapped Ankles on Crow’s Nest are Sunday -> Monday.

I've completed the edit and gone with these days.  Let me know if anything is definitely wrong. @Keithy, do you remember the days for the above?

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

It was originally misheard as Saturday, but I listened back and he definitely said Sunday night.

That was the original rumour but didn’t their schedule say Saturday? Not sure, can’t remember where I saw it.

Ah, ok. I'll give it a few hours for anyone else to chime in, but if you're sure, remind me later today and I'll change the days.

38 minutes ago, marcwilson87 said:

You have made my day!

Ladies and gents, could you please tell me where the truth stage is?!

MOPTOP!

It’s in Shangri-La. One of relatively few things over that way that’s easy enough to find, no matter the level of inebriation! 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ah, ok. I'll give it a few hours for anyone else to chime in, but if you're sure, remind me later today and I'll change the days.

Craig Charles thing was about 35 minutes in to his last 6music show.

@GrowlerPhil was the guy with the Snapped Ankles info, but I did see their schedule somewhere too. Included some backstage shows.

Edited by Bradders