s(NO)w patrol

secondr0w

24 minutes ago, clarkete said:

* Or just ignore them and get on with your life, whatever you prefer.

Literally what I am suggesting people do.

People that can't resist popping into a thread about Snow Patrol to do a hilarious joke about how much they hate them are actually really off-putting to casual viewers/ lurkers of this forum.

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Sorry but if people are offended by people saying that they don't like a band that you do then an online forum that discusses music and different musical tastes is probably not for you. 

I'm not offended and I'm not a Snow Patrol fan.

Why would someone that hates a band so much click on a thread of their name just to be a dick is my point, they're the ones that hate anyone else having a different music opinion to them. 

Same thing would happen if someone made a thread about Courtneerers/ Catfish etc etc, always the same people that will interject and have their say of them being shite. These are the same people that can also be found discussing at length the merits of each of Radiohead's albums and sometimes if we're lucky enough to see it even ranking them.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Why would someone that hates a band so much click on a thread of their name just to be a dick is my point, they're the ones that hate anyone else having a different music opinion to them. 

Same thing would happen if someone made a thread about Courtneerers/ Catfish etc etc, always the same people that will interject and have their say of them being shite. These are the same people that can also be found discussing at length the merits of each of Radiohead's albums and sometimes if we're lucky enough to see it even ranking them.

I wasn't necessarily making a point about anyone in particular, just that people are quick to be offended by another person's views. A difference in opinion is what makes the world go round, if we all thought the same we would all be at the same stage at the same time etc. 

Sometimes there can be unnecessary bashing but if you can't say on an online forum that you think Kasabian* are shit then the world has gone mad.

*Insert name of band you think are shite. 

7 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

The vast majority of it is just fun you know.

9. Pablo Honey.

5 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I'm sorry to disappoint you @didinowanttohearthat but some of us hate our jobs, have personal issues or simply are nobs.  If we didn't come here to be dicks then that could seep out in other aspects of our lives with more serious consequences :unsure:

I do think they're too mean to Janet's number 1 fan though.

8 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm sorry to disappoint you @didinowanttohearthat but some of us hate our jobs, have personal issues or simply are nobs.  If we didn't come here to be dicks then that could seep out in other aspects of our lives with more serious consequences :unsure:

I do think they're too mean to Janet's number 1 fan though.

I just enjoy making funny comments about bands I'm not keen on.

Sue me.